Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 2:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fact, every single german nazi was a christian
RE: Fact, every single german nazi was a christian
(October 13, 2015 at 4:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(October 13, 2015 at 3:48 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: Question for the atheists:
Assuming you take the stance that objective morality does not exist -- in other words, morality is subjective -- what was wrong with Hitler's actions?
I don't see how you can say Hitler was wrong, since it is your opinion against Hitler's.

Hitler was wrong because he lost.

Had he won there would be statues of him all over Europe and the church would have made him a saint. 

Time to grow up, laddie.

So morality is on a win lose basis according to you. Why don't you go jump someone and win yourself some money? You don't make sense to me.
(October 13, 2015 at 4:04 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: This thread is suggesting that Hitler did something wrong, is it not?

Well, curious, isn't it? A forum search could tell you more.

But I guess that's demanding too much of an effort on your part.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(October 13, 2015 at 4:05 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(October 13, 2015 at 3:58 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: They are different in almost every aspect.

You mean Protestants and Catholics are different. Well, no shit! Thanks for the remedial history lesson. I'm an atheist and give less than a shit about your Christian intra-family squabble. Why don't you take it up with the Catholics? We have a few here, and I'm sure they'd be happy to present their side. Then you can No-True-Scotsman them to your heart's content.

I care about distinguishing them because then people get confused. People like you who use the terms synonymously hurts the discussion.

(October 13, 2015 at 4:08 pm)abaris Wrote:
(October 13, 2015 at 4:04 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: This thread is suggesting that Hitler did something wrong, is it not?

Well, curious, isn't it? A forum search could tell you more.

But I guess that's demanding too much of an effort on your part.
Don't you know what you believe in? can you explain it to me in a very basic way so all people can understand.
(October 13, 2015 at 4:09 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 13, 2015 at 4:05 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: You mean Protestants and Catholics are different. Well, no shit! Thanks for the remedial history lesson. I'm an atheist and give less than a shit about your Christian intra-family squabble. Why don't you take it up with the Catholics? We have a few here, and I'm sure they'd be happy to present their side. Then you can No-True-Scotsman them to your heart's content.

I care about distinguishing them because then people get confused. People like you who use the terms synonymously hurts the discussion.

So you don't understand that sets/subsets aren't really the same as synonyms. Noted.

And Catholics aren't Christians . . . except for that Jesus Christ thing that you conveniently overlook. Or are you one of those dolts who think "Christ" was part of the guy's name? The only people who refer to Jesus as Christ and mean it are Christians.
(October 13, 2015 at 3:17 pm)Deepthunk Wrote:
(October 13, 2015 at 2:37 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: You haven't linked to any in this discussion that I've seen that support your claim that he attended a Catholic monastery. That's because there is none, because he never did it, and in order to cover that lack of source material up, you've resorted to personal attacks.

That's bullshit, You didn't look at the links I posted, but here it is in video.

try watching the entire thing, oh and I just said your a Christian posing as an atheist, but I can see why you might consider that a personal attack, I apologize (even though is still think its true)

First off, take your passive-aggressive apology and fuck off.

Secondly, I looked at your linked quotes. None of them supported your claim. I cannot watch your video as I am on my phone, but I'll be deeply surprised if it provides a reputable source asserting that Hitler went to a Catholic monastery after being orphaned. He lived in a flophouse and on the streets of Vienna. Go read Toland or Shirer, difficult though that may be given your demonstrated incomprehension here.

(October 13, 2015 at 4:09 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: Don't you know what you believe in? can you explain it to me in a very basic way so all people can understand.

I don't like to repeat myself. Do a search and you will find all I have to say on the matter.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(October 13, 2015 at 3:48 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: Question for the atheists:
Assuming you take the stance that objective morality does not exist -- in other words, morality is subjective -- what was wrong with Hitler's actions?
I don't see how you can say Hitler was wrong, since it is your opinion against Hitler's.

It might have something to do with inflicting your will upon another to their detriment or death with no larger good being attained.

Just a thought.

(October 13, 2015 at 4:14 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(October 13, 2015 at 4:09 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: I care about distinguishing them because then people get confused. People like you who use the terms synonymously hurts the discussion.

So you don't understand that sets/subsets aren't really the same as synonyms. Noted.

And Catholics aren't Christians . . . except for that Jesus Christ thing that you conveniently overlook. Or are you one of those dolts who think "Christ" was part of the guy's name? The only people who refer to Jesus as Christ and mean it are Christians.
It's possible to claim a different Christ than the Jesus talked about in the bible. They don't agree with his origins, what He did, or what He said, so to me they made up a Jesus to fit their religion.
Tell you what, Daniel: why don't you ask a Catholic whether he or she is a Christian? I guarantee they'll say "yes".
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(October 13, 2015 at 4:28 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 13, 2015 at 4:14 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: So you don't understand that sets/subsets aren't really the same as synonyms. Noted.

It's possible to claim a different Christ than the Jesus talked about in the bible. They don't agree with his origins, what He did, or what He said, so to me they made up a Jesus to fit their religion.

Assuming you leave out of account the Gospels that didn't make the cut and get into the Bible, then what you are left with are the four Gospels in your holy book, the same four Gospels that Catholics and Protestants read. Those four books are all there is of what Jesus allegedly said and did. So yeah . . . Catholics believe a lot of the same bullshit you do: virgin birth, various miracles, resurrection, etc. Like I said: intra-family squabble.

And don't forget that while you claim they aren't "true" Christians, from their vantage point, you're just a heretic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islam owns atheism with a single verse Loaded dice 341 25066 August 6, 2023 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Did anyone else get deconverted by a single sentence? Astonished 67 9476 July 20, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Explaining the fact that we exist OttoVonKerpen 84 11830 November 5, 2016 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  When it becomes a fact? _Velvet_ 14 2815 October 10, 2016 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Beatles song hey ya got to hide your love away is very relateable for forever single Rextos 3 1267 March 15, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Jerry Coyne's new book: Faith Versus Fact Mudhammam 17 6032 August 13, 2015 at 12:22 am
Last Post: smsavage32
  Man Crucified Every Year Manowar 10 3157 April 5, 2015 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  The more troubling fact is not that this may be genuine, but that it's hard to doubt Mudhammam 16 5094 August 13, 2014 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  10 Questions for Every Atheist Clueless Morgan 38 6571 July 16, 2014 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Free Will: Fact or Fiction Reasonable_Jeff 89 34565 October 2, 2012 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda