Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 11, 2024, 7:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof for being an atheist
RE: Proof for being an atheist
(October 20, 2015 at 4:22 am)I_am_not_mafia Wrote: If an action is not performed in life and without faith but is inspired by God then that action by necessity is not an action. It is the illusion of an action. It is nothing more than a concept albeit one with negative utility. But if you have a life and do not perform actions then how can you have faith in God? We have two completely contradictory cases here which means that the two cases are simultaneously mutually exclusive yet complementary. The level of faith that you have is indirectly inversely proportional to your position in action-space that you inhabit cross linked by your belief in God's greatness. Which means that if you in any way perform any actions whatsoever then your belief in God must be an illusion. Therefore the more you try to prove your faith the less chance there is that God exists.

I largely agree, but I have to comment on some details which I think you got completely wrong here. Two mutually exclusive cases are complementary in action-space precisely because they, on a meta-level, are linked by God's greatness. Faith in this way helps transgress the boundary of negation and establishes the existence of God on a semantic level as an constructionist author-fiction relationship.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The salad dressing is strong in this one! hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(October 20, 2015 at 5:06 am)Alex K Wrote: I largely agree, but I have to comment on some details which I think you got completely wrong here. Two mutually exclusive cases are complementary in action-space precisely because they, on a meta-level, are linked by God's greatness. Faith in this way helps transgress the boundary of negation and establishes the existence of God on a semantic level as an constructionist author-fiction relationship.

Sorry yes you're entirely right. I don't know why that didn't occur to me. It's so obvious when you think about it. Worship
Thanks for translating and responding Big Grin

I don't speak saladise. Maybe I should learn it.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 20, 2015 at 6:49 am)robvalue Wrote: I don't speak saladise. Maybe I should learn it.

I find it easier and more fun to throw down a Demotivational. Tongue
(October 20, 2015 at 6:49 am)robvalue Wrote: Thanks for translating and responding Big Grin

I don't speak saladise. Maybe I should learn it.

The proof is in the salad, as they say...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Ripping labels from mattresses - check
Roasted babies on weekends - check
No morality whatsoever - check

Yep I am certifiably NOT a theist. Tongue

[Image: w80yld.png]
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(October 20, 2015 at 8:31 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Yep I am certifiably NOT a theist. Tongue

Awesome. I wanted to play...

[Image: PisdaxA.jpg]

Great
So the OP believes that we believe, that we do not believe in pretending to believe things that we know are false, whilst actually pretending to believe in pretending to believe in things that we know are false... and on this basis does not want us to donate to charity or have any positive impact on the world, whilst his own beliefs dictate that he wants the world to be destroyed?
And he wants proof of this?
I can't believe I wasted the time figuring out what the OP actually wrote...
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(October 20, 2015 at 9:11 am)Mr Greene Wrote: So the OP believes that we believe, that we do not believe in pretending to believe things that we know are false, whilst actually pretending to believe in pretending to believe in things that we know are false... and on this basis does not want us to donate to charity or have any positive impact on the world, whilst his own beliefs dictate that he wants the world to be destroyed?
And he wants proof of this?
I can't believe I wasted the time figuring out what the OP actually wrote...

The OP is so self-absorbed I'm kinda surprised he hasn't created his own black hole. Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Being can come from non-being Alex K 55 7624 January 15, 2020 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 14758 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2092 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  What was it like being an atheist? Something completely different 81 18483 April 10, 2013 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: fr0d0