Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 5:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Index of great threads and my favourite discussions
Index of great threads and my favourite discussions
I was making this anyway for my own use, so I thought I’d share it with everyone. It’s an index of several interesting and fun threads throughout the forum, and then a list of the serious discussion threads I have started which may be of interest to people. Note that many of my threads will be beyond the 30 day necropost limit, so other posters in the thread may not reply. But I’ll still reply to new posts which are polite and reasonable.

For newcomers, note that some of these threads contain huge numbers of pages which you are free to peruse, but feel free to just jump in right away with your own replies as well.

I’ll add a permanent link to this thread in my signature (on mobile versions you’ll need to click “Switch to full version” right at the bottom of the page to see signatures). Feel free to add your own threads you are proud of here for others to see, or other favourites!

Social

What’s everyone up to right now?: Find out what people have been up to lately, and share your own news.
Member photos: Find out what everyone looks like and add your own pictures!
Newly departed: No, not dead. This is for when you’re leaving the forum for a period of time, to let everyone know so they don’t worry.
Explain your username: Find out what those weird names mean, and let people know about your own.
Hall of wit and epicness: Did someone make a post that blew your mind? Just too funny or awesome? Why not share it here!

Fun/humour

Last person to post wins!: A silly game where you post whatever you want, to get into the lead!
Debate with memes: Every reply needs to be a meme! You can make your own at sites like imgflip.
Never ending story: A simple game where the story continues forever, and you just add 3 more words on the end! Punctuation is free. You can find videos of myself and others reading from the story here!
Ban the loser above you: You have to decide why the previous poster should be banned! Any ridiculous reason is acceptable.
Whoops, wrong thread!: Share the times you accidentally posted in the wrong place, or create imaginary mispostings.
Famous last words (of Jesus): What other things might he have said?

My serious discussions

Apologetics open challenge: Anyone can bring their theistic arguments here, and I will do my best to point out the flaws.
Fear of learning: How everyone’s innate biases can be a barrier to their development.
Reasons I’m more powerful than god: (Only semi-serious). Due to the increasingly abstract nature of god and what he actually does, I see how I measure up.
I’m god: what evidence do I need to provide?: A thought experiment where I ask theists how god could actually prove to them he is god and not an imposter.
Personal relationships with deities: I question what it means to “have a relationship” with a god.
Binary religious thinking: I discuss how I’ve observed how religion often seems to promote black and white thinking, rather than a range of ideas.
A practical definition for god: What does god actually represent?
Cameras, microphones and god: A revelation of sorts that I had which helped me understand theistic mindsets.
Imagination vs God: How come my imagination seems superior?
Why worship?: I ask what the purpose is. What does it achieve?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Index of great threads and my favourite discussions
I don't see any of my poop threads in there...  Dodgy
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Sorry! Tongue Feel free to index them here yourself so we can all join you in your poop obsession!
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
I'd have thought some of the gaming threads would have made the list.
Thread Title Mashup: She Keeps Sucking Something Shitty From The Poster Below Me (taking a few words from more than one thread title and coming up with a new thread title [but not actual thread])
http://atheistforums.org/thread-31034.ht...ght=mashup

The Atheist Forums Playlist (the first thread I noticed where you link to whatever you are listening to at that exact moment. Gets duplicated A LOT out of laziness).
http://atheistforums.org/thread-11623.ht...s+playlist
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Um.

1. Where are the waffles in there?

And 2, I need a 'fuck all lists Angry' button ._.
(December 1, 2015 at 10:54 am)Faith No More Wrote: I'd have thought some of the gaming threads would have made the list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERDUbAv8Qz0

Index of my best videos
Make a thread with "waffles" in the title, and it'll likely beome "mashed up"!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(December 1, 2015 at 10:44 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I don't see any of my poop threads in there...  Dodgy

(December 1, 2015 at 10:44 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I don't see any of my poop threads in there...  Dodgy

That's because they're shit Big Grin

I love puns

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some great news Apollo 11 981 December 7, 2020 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Do you have a favourite raptor? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 862 July 31, 2020 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Do you have a favourite rodent? BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1679 July 26, 2020 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gnomey
  Great (movie) Speeches onlinebiker 12 2050 September 6, 2019 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Maybe Vaping isn't a great idea. onlinebiker 9 1120 September 1, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  It's a great relief purplepurpose 20 3247 December 8, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Cod
  The Great AF Literary Masterpiece The Valkyrie 9 693 December 2, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Civil Commentary on the R'lyeh commentary on Civil Discussion Threads Whateverist 5 1197 November 18, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Something Great Happened To Me Today... ReptilianPeon 2 960 October 2, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  PBS is great!! Jehanne 24 2247 September 12, 2018 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda