Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 2:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Problem with Christians
RE: The Problem with Christians
(March 12, 2016 at 7:57 pm)Stimbo Wrote: b) There's a specified time to which you're alluding?

It's "anyone's guess." I'm anyone, and I guess that it was last Tuesday. But no end times happened, so I also guess that the prophecy has failed.

Huh. That was easy. Angel
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
As long as it's not next Thursday. I'll be having a deeply satisfying shit then.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Deleted

(March 11, 2016 at 7:59 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Magic book doesn't know anymore about astronomy than the people who wrote magic book.  Do you think it took magic?  I mean, rather than simply looking up, for example, to ask such questions?

When we look at the constellations, many of the figures that we see involve stars that are nowhere near each other. The Bible correctly stated that Pleiades was a cluster where the stars are in proximity, and that the stars in Orion are not. How did it know that?
(March 12, 2016 at 5:35 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(March 12, 2016 at 1:50 am)AJW333 Wrote: But RNA is made from DNA is it not?

:???:
No, it's not.
I mean, it can be made from DNA, but need not be.
RNA is simpler than DNA.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/DNA_vs_RNA
I checked the whole page and found no proof that RNA is generated apart from DNA, just a theory that it did (in the video). I did see this though;

"Propagation  DNA is self-replicating.
 RNA is synthesized from DNA when needed.
(March 12, 2016 at 10:06 pm)AJW333 Wrote:
(March 12, 2016 at 5:35 am)pocaracas Wrote: :???:
No, it's not.
I mean, it can be made from DNA, but need not be.
RNA is simpler than DNA.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/DNA_vs_RNA
I checked the whole page and found no proof that RNA is generated apart from DNA, just a theory that it did (in the video). I did see this though;

"Propagation  DNA is self-replicating.
 RNA is synthesized from DNA when needed.

The word Theory in the scientific meaning doesn't mean what you think it means.
A scientific theory has evidence to back it up. 

How RNA is Formed From DNA

The genetic code is written in the language of DNA, but is not translated directly into proteins. It goes through a process of conversion into an intermediate stage where it exists as RNA. This RNA is known as messenger RNA.

• DNA to RNA to Protein
    The genetic code is written in the language of DNA, the four chemical bases - A, C, G and T. However, when it is time to make a protein, the DNA code is converted into RNA before it is translated into . This article is an in depth look at the first stage in this process, how RNA is formed from DNA. Before we look at how this happens, let me introduce some terminology;
    [b]Transcription[/b] - The process by which DNA is converted into RNA.
    Translation - The conversion of RNA into protein.
    Central Dogma of Molecular Biology - The name given for the whole process, the idea that information coded in the DNA is converted into RNA and then into protein.

• RNA Transcription
    RNA transcription involves a large subset of proteins. The chief enzyme that is involved is called RNA polymerase. Now, although the DNA is double stranded only one strand codes for a gene product and hence only this strand is transcribed - and it's called the coding strand.
    RNA transcription involves the faithful copying of the DNA message, however this process is not as stringently controlled as the process of . In order for a DNA strand to be transcribed, there's a special sequence at each end of a gene. At the beginning this region is known as the promoter, and the stop signal at the end is called the terminator.
    The enzyme that operates transcription, RNA polymerase, recognizes the promoter sequence as the location for starting transcription and the terminator as the point to end transcription. Once RNA polymerase identifies the promoter sequence it operates along with other entities called transcription factors to unwind the DNA strand and create a transcription bubble, which is the ground zero at which the enzyme operates and releases the nascent messenger RNA transcript. The transcription bubble moves along the coding strand until it reaches the terminator sequence. The process of transcription is split into the following stages.

• Stages of Transcription
    Initiation - RNA polymerase along with its co-factors binds to the DNA strand and unwinds the coding strand. Once the strand has been unwound, the RNA polymerase starts moving along. Sometimes it falls away after reading a few bases. But the process starts over again until it progresses without any enzyme fall off. Once the RNA polymerase has traversed around 15 to 20 bases the process becomes more stable and moves along steadily. However, the initial stagger releases short stretches of RNA transcript called abortive transcripts and the process is called abortive transcription

Elongation - This is the stage when the RNA transcript is extended as the coding strand is copied to make a complementary sequence that will be known as messenger RNA. It uses the other strand of DNA, now known as the template strand for RNA synthesis.
    Termination - As the name suggest this involves the termination of the transcription process. Termination occurs when the RNA polymerase transcribes a GC rich sequence of DNA which causes a hairpin like structure of the RNA to destabilize the enzyme complex and thereby abort the reaction. There is also yet another method of termination called “Rho" dependent termination where a co-factor called Rho binds to the transcription enzyme complex and destabilizes the reaction.

• Post Transcription
    The next step of making a protein occurs when messenger  is transported into the cytoplasm. Before that happens there is an intermediate stage where “RNA editing" occurs. There is also a plethora of reactions that happen after transcription that modify the transcript, these are called post transcriptional modifications. Then the messenger RNA is ready to be shuttled out of the nucleus and into the cytoplasm ready to be translated into a protein.
    Source -> http://www.brighthub.com/science/genetic...14586.aspx 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(March 12, 2016 at 8:54 pm)AJW333 Wrote: Deleted

(March 11, 2016 at 7:59 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Magic book doesn't know anymore about astronomy than the people who wrote magic book.  Do you think it took magic?  I mean, rather than simply looking up, for example, to ask such questions?

When we look at the constellations, many of the figures that we see involve stars that are nowhere near each other. The Bible correctly stated that Pleiades was a cluster where the stars are in proximity, and that the stars in Orion are not. How did it know that?

But you know even then people made observations but overall there is enough bullshit in the bible to call it fiction.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(March 12, 2016 at 8:54 pm)AJW333 Wrote: Deleted

Precisely where does it say that?
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
I, too, would like to know.

Book, chapter and verses please. Hold the gymnastics.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
It's in the appendix to the Apocrypha, just after the verse that reads: "And the Lord said unto the children, 'Neither shalt thou eat the fruit of the tree that is known as the carrot tree.' "
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Oh, I remember that. If you read further it says "Thou shalt vote for Trump."
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8174 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31749 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 52423 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Christians : my problem with Christianity, some questions. WinterHold 115 20016 March 28, 2015 at 7:43 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  The Problem of Evil, Christians, and Inconsistency Mudhammam 46 10555 September 24, 2014 at 5:22 am
Last Post: genkaus
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 16140 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 10009 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris