Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 7:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
(April 11, 2016 at 9:07 pm)Goosebump Wrote:
(April 11, 2016 at 8:58 pm)paulpablo Wrote: It really depends on what stage this transitioned person is and how much they still look like a man and how practical it is for them to go barging into a woman's toilets.

I think this is part of the problem. The way it's seen. I can't imagine somebody going threw transitional shit would be oh so confident to "barge" into much, let alone a bathroom.

If they tip toed in looking like a stereotypical man I think that would look even more suspicious.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Transexuals
I don't think I would feel threatened or uncomfortable if a man who identified as a woman used the same bathroom as me. As long as he was presenting himself as female it wouldn't matter to me whether he was passable as a woman or not, or if he'd had complete surgery or not. I can empathize that he feels more comfortable in the women's room because he feels he is actually a woman. I mean, I'm sure I'd do a double-take and have a little story to tell my husband after the fact, but I think I'd be fine with it. That's just me though.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 11, 2016 at 9:18 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: I don't think I would feel threatened or uncomfortable if a man who identified as a woman used the same bathroom as me.  As long as he was presenting himself as female it wouldn't matter to me whether he was passable as a woman or not, or if he'd had complete surgery or not.  I can empathize that he feels more comfortable in the women's room because he feels he is actually a woman.   I mean, I'm sure I'd do a double-take and have a little story to tell my husband after the fact, but I think I'd be fine with it.  That's just me though.  

I'd feel ok in a bathroom too (though I know many women wouldn't). 

It would be changing/showering in a locker room I'd have a problem with though.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(April 11, 2016 at 9:18 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: I don't think I would feel threatened or uncomfortable if a man who identified as a woman used the same bathroom as me.  As long as he was presenting himself as female it wouldn't matter to me whether he was passable as a woman or not, or if he'd had complete surgery or not.  I can empathize that he feels more comfortable in the women's room because he feels he is actually a woman.   I mean, I'm sure I'd do a double-take and have a little story to tell my husband after the fact, but I think I'd be fine with it.  That's just me though.  

I'd wager your in the majority. As a man if a self identifying woman walked into when I was doing my business I'd probably be a little startled, but fearful no or "skeevied" out no. Not sure I'm in the majority there. Also if a transitioning woman (aka: born man) walked it, I think I'd suffer some second hand embarrassment for her embarrassment and discomfort. Walking away from the whole thing feeling shitty that it happened in the first place. Again probably minority view there since 70% of transgenders have had a negative experience when entering a public bathroom.
"I'm thick." - Me
(April 11, 2016 at 9:18 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(April 11, 2016 at 9:07 pm)Goosebump Wrote: I think this is part of the problem. The way it's seen. I can't imagine somebody going threw transitional shit would be oh so confident to "barge" into much, let alone a bathroom.

If they tip toed in looking like a stereotypical man I think that would look even more suspicious.

Why do you think that they won't walk in normal? You know, open the door, walk in at average pace? Or do you only barge into bathrooms or tip toe?
"I'm thick." - Me
(April 11, 2016 at 9:31 pm)Goosebump Wrote:
(April 11, 2016 at 9:18 pm)paulpablo Wrote: If they tip toed in looking like a stereotypical man I think that would look even more suspicious.

Why do you think that they won't walk in normal? You know, open the door, walk in at average pace? Or do you only barge into bathrooms or tip toe?

"Barging" in/out of the bathroom is kind of the norm though. People tend to go in and out of public bathrooms as quickly as they can in most cases, considering they're out of their homes and usually doing something. I think that's all he meant by that.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Transexuals
(April 11, 2016 at 9:20 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:

I'd feel ok in a bathroom too (though I know many women wouldn't). 

It would be changing/showering in a locker room I'd have a problem with though.

I don't think the locker room would bother me, but I'm a prude and change in the bathroom stall anyway. [emoji39]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 11, 2016 at 9:34 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(April 11, 2016 at 9:31 pm)Goosebump Wrote: Why do you think that they won't walk in normal? You know, open the door, walk in at average pace? Or do you only barge into bathrooms or tip toe?

"Barging" in/out of the bathroom is kind of the norm though. People tend to go in and out of public bathrooms as quickly as they can in most cases, considering they're out of their homes and usually doing something. I think that's all he meant by that.

You missed my earlier post apparently: 

Quote:I think this is part of the problem. The way it's seen. I can't imagine somebody going threw transitional shit would be oh so confident to "barge" into much, let alone a bathroom.

And I already said I'm not interested in arguing semantics with you.
"I'm thick." - Me
A trans individual came out at work.

Do you think the women there cared she was sharing a bathroom with them?

http://www.upworthy.com/my-wife-surprise...her?c=ufb2
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 12, 2016 at 12:25 am)Maelstrom Wrote: A trans individual came out at work.

Do you think the women there cared she was sharing a bathroom with them?

http://www.upworthy.com/my-wife-surprise...her?c=ufb2

Brought a slight tear to me eye. :')

It's awesome how kind and caring people can be!