Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 6:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
(April 13, 2016 at 12:16 pm)Drich Wrote:
(April 13, 2016 at 12:08 pm)BlackBird Wrote: So if they aren't mentally incompetent, why do you have a problem with them affecting policy like any other citizen?

Because we live in a country where the majority rules. those who got help number is the thousands maybe hundreds of thousands. verse the hundreds of millions their laws effect. Not to mention this law will allow those who have not received help the freedom to put it off even longer. And it opens the general populace to those looking to exploit the law and the oppsite sex.

For what?

How does society benefit here? or is just all about a political movement flexing it's power?

Ah yes, the majority rules. Screw all the minorities!

Society benefits by not stomping all over contributing members of society who are just trying to live their lives.

And again, I fail to see how these bathroom laws protect anyone to begin with. Remind me how requiring transitioning men (who often look like any other man) to use the women's bathroom is protecting women from predators again?
It's the fucking same, every fucking time. A group stands up to declare that its rights are being trampled, that they are being harmed by the actions of the government and/or society, and they want it to stop. The majority, comfortable in their bubble of privilege, declares that the minorities standing up for their rights are "agitators", "malcontents", and "stirring up trouble".
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(April 13, 2016 at 10:15 am)Drich Wrote: Seeing things that do not exist, validates a diagnosis of delusion. Being diagnosed with being delusional has nothing to do with your ability to adapt to life while seeing things that do not exist. Seeing something that does not exist is the impediment on our ability to think, that qualifies someone as being mentally ill. Now does it mean one can not be happy or any of the other things you mentioned no. Because one can indeed learn to live with said impediment, however that does not mean one is, nor ever should be in a position to dictate terms on how others should live.
Having such an impediment could cloud or even obscure a person's judgement.

Transgenderism has nothing to do with delusion. You are evading the question. I shall repeat it for you.

Remember that you said:

(April 12, 2016 at 12:14 pm)Drich Wrote: mentally Ill people by clinical definition have a impediment in how they think and or interact with others.

(April 11, 2016 at 1:39 pm)Mathilda Wrote: If someone transitions and can as a consequent function perfectly well in society. If they are accepted as such in their chosen gender and no one knows their medical history, which becomes less and less relevant to their daily lives. If they are happy and contended with their lives and able to achieve great things, then how can they be considered mentally ill?
(April 13, 2016 at 10:23 am)Drich Wrote: Again, GID by it's very name is a mental disorder which again fits the clinical definition of a mental illness. (one that takes treatment to alleviate one way or another.)

(April 11, 2016 at 1:39 pm)Mathilda Wrote: If someone transitions and can as a consequent function perfectly well in society. If they are accepted as such in their chosen gender and no one knows their medical history, which becomes less and less relevant to their daily lives. If they are happy and contended with their lives and able to achieve great things, then how can they be considered mentally ill?
(April 13, 2016 at 12:29 pm)Mathilda Wrote:
(April 13, 2016 at 10:05 am)Drich Wrote: I have read and found definitions that say transsexual means transgendered, and trans gendered means what you claim transsexual means.

So because you have read something somewhere on the internet you are suddenly an expert? A classic case of Dunning Kruger effect.
Where did I say or did not say I was an expert? Again I am only representing a compilation of information I have found and asked a simple question that you seem to be evading like the plague. you have jumped from my use of the term mentally Ill, to my vetted use of the words transsexual and transgender, in a desperate attempt to discredit me.

Again if you want to play word games lets go back to your definition of mentally ill, so I can at least close the topic which I am now convinced that you know you've lost in part due to your own arrogance coupled with a fast and loose understanding of the terms provided in the OP.

otherwise 'shoo fly shoo.'
(April 13, 2016 at 11:27 am)Drich Wrote: The narrative is that all trans gendered people are mentally incompetent.

My argument is that the mentally ill should not be making policy for 99% of society.

What you seem to be doing is making the jump that I think all transsexuals are mentally incompetent. I did not. I cited the Mayo clinic for my numbers.

So please clarify. Do you think that transgendered people are mentally incompetent or not?
(April 12, 2016 at 2:44 pm)Drich Wrote:
(April 12, 2016 at 1:09 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Perhaps the answer is for us all to stop having hang ups about our bodies and have a more European attitude. I went swimming at a pool in France, there was only one changing room and no booths. the French people just whipped their clothes off, while me and the future Mrs Plumb struggled to keep our English reserve with copious use of towels. Apparently she saw it as an ordeal but I think the French had the better attitude.

As I remember the french were also keen on having open boarders and invited a butt load of unvetted refugees in their country, and we can see how that worked out..

Just because it is done here or there does not mean it is a sound or even a culturally adaptable thing to do.

I fail to see the connection between having a healthy view on the body and the governments refugee policy. Its like saying how much you hate the Nazi idea of jew killing and someone saying "well they made the trains run on time" the two things are unconnected.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 13, 2016 at 12:31 pm)BlackBird Wrote:
(April 13, 2016 at 12:16 pm)Drich Wrote: Because we live in a country where the majority rules. those who got help number is the thousands maybe hundreds of thousands. verse the hundreds of millions their laws effect. Not to mention this law will allow those who have not received help the freedom to put it off even longer. And it opens the general populace to those looking to exploit the law and the oppsite sex.

For what?

How does society benefit here? or is just all about a political movement flexing it's power?

Ah yes, the majority rules. Screw all the minorities!

Society benefits by not stomping all over contributing members of society who are just trying to live their lives.

And again, I fail to see how these bathroom laws protect anyone to begin with. Remind me how requiring transitioning men (who often look like any other man) to use the women's bathroom is protecting women from predators again?

again now frame what I said in the context of the op.

Should a mentally Ill minority that = > 1% dictate policy (circumventing the due process laws normally go through) for the other 99% of the population?
(April 13, 2016 at 12:00 pm)Drich Wrote: surgery= can use
no surgery = can NOT use

You Understand Now?

You realise that women can rape men don't you? They can rape other women too if they use a strap-on.

Unless you mean use as in ejaculate in which case you are wrong.

HRT produces infertility in a male body within three months.
(April 13, 2016 at 12:43 pm)Mathilda Wrote:
(April 13, 2016 at 11:27 am)Drich Wrote: The narrative is that all trans gendered people are mentally incompetent.

My argument is that the mentally ill should not be making policy for 99% of society.

What you seem to be doing is making the jump that I think all transsexuals are mentally incompetent. I did not. I cited the Mayo clinic for my numbers.

So please clarify. Do you think that transgendered people are mentally incompetent or not?

post 435