Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 5:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
(April 11, 2016 at 10:51 am)Drich Wrote: Transsexuals suffer from a diagnosable affliction called Gender dysphoria or gender identity disorder. So then how is this not a mental illness if the word/term mental illness literally means:

Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.
(as per the Mayo clinic)

If this is a mental disorder, then why do we allow the patients to run the asylum? Why do we have mentally compromised people trying to set a national policy that allows them to indulge their disorder?

would we allow people afflicted with Munchhausen access to their kids? Or if you want to look at other people who just hurt themselves, would we allow people who want to cut themselves places they could do so?
I fucking hate you.
Transexuals
(April 13, 2016 at 4:37 pm)Expired Wrote:
(April 11, 2016 at 10:51 am)Drich Wrote: Transsexuals suffer from a diagnosable affliction called Gender dysphoria or gender identity disorder. So then how is this not a mental illness if the word/term mental illness literally means:

Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.
(as per the Mayo clinic)

If this is a mental disorder, then why do we allow the patients to run the asylum? Why do we have mentally compromised people trying to set a national policy that allows them to indulge their disorder?

would we allow people afflicted with Munchhausen access to their kids? Or if you want to look at other people who just hurt themselves, would we allow people who want to cut themselves places they could do so?
I fucking hate you.

He's a peach, isn't he?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 13, 2016 at 4:37 pm)Expired Wrote:

(as per the Mayo clinic)

I fucking hate you.

Your hatred is wasted on him. He's such a megalomaniac that his douchebaggery is rationalized as righteous teaching, and anything negative directed his way is the result of you not understanding how right (and righteous) he is. See his earlier remark in this thread about understanding how Jesus felt trying to teach the Pharisees.
Transexuals
I imagine Drich is a pretty terrifying individual IRL.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Why not just stick to addressing his arguments rather than making things personal though?  Undecided
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Transexuals
I did that already.

(April 13, 2016 at 4:58 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Your hatred is wasted on him. He's such a megalomaniac that his douchebaggery is rationalized as righteous teaching, and anything negative directed his way is the result of you not understanding how right (and righteous) he is. See his earlier remark in this thread about understanding how Jesus felt trying to teach the Pharisees.

I think they call this... Narcissistic Personality Disorder.    Hey, there's that word Disorder!
Transexuals
I'm sorry CL, but I feel he is a mean, hateful person. He makes me feel ill. I honestly wish he'd leave AF and never come back. I have little tolerance for those in this world who target the vulnerable. [emoji53]

Have you considered blocking him?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Transexuals
Actually, no. I forgot all about that function. I will seriously consider using it after what I've seen here.