Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 1:57 pm

Poll: Do you vote Donald Trump?
This poll is closed.
Abstention
4.20%
5 4.20%
NO
77.31%
92 77.31%
YES
18.49%
22 18.49%
Total 119 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vote Donald trump!?
RE: vote Donald trump!?
(May 12, 2016 at 1:29 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: I don't know what's worse - that Drumpf said that, or he said that one town over from me.

One of my older brothers has a hard on for Drumpf.  I think it's because he works in sales for a tech company.  He appreciates how well Drumpf dazzles the masses with complete and utter incoherent bullshit.

I tried to work in sales. When they said Id have to sell my soul, I said it was already the property of the dark lord.

I was happy they fired me.
Quote:You are potentially going from Obama, the superlative orator to an incoherent oaf.

The explanation for that is....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5YIgaiWa73O7YpBkySqY...6I9tdPlN4A]

just look at his fucking fans.
(May 12, 2016 at 3:07 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I tried to work in sales. When they said Id have to sell my soul, I said it was already the property of the dark lord.

I work in journalism and PR. And believe me, I'm totally and utterly disgusted by anthing relating to PR. If I had any chance, I would move to a different field. But Trump isn't good at it. He's just a wayward rightwinger knowing how to appeal to primitives by playing to their primitive instincts. That's all any rightwinger knows. They all got no solutions other than repeating the mantra of fear, hatred and exclusion over and over. Oh yes, and telling their credulous audience that they will be so much better of if group X or Y is removed from society. And, of course, they're so much better because they belong to a certain nationality, religion or group.

Ask them a concrete question and all you will get is a big fat zero. There are no concepts, since the world doesn't obey the commands of simplicity and primitivity. At best Trump is a telemarketer trying to sell some useless product that leaves you worse off than you were before. Charging a hundred for something that isn't even worth a penny and telling you it's the deal of your life. His followers fall into the same category as the ones falling for this kind of deal.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Drumpf really shows how unsavvy many Americans are when it comes to understanding how PR works. It's not just an overall educational deficiency (although that plays into it), but a complete lack of understanding about what sales pitches are, how to see through them, etc.

I'm confident I could sell most Drumpf supporters a bridge.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(May 11, 2016 at 2:27 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:
(May 11, 2016 at 10:45 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Wait..you're taking one article by one person on Salon of all sites and saying "look, this describes a group of people that number in the hundreds of millions"?  And then for some reason you start bashing trans people?

And you call the left mentally ill?

What's even funnier is that he apparently doesn't realize that there's a huge homosexual sub-population in comic book fandom.  Shipping (that is, rooting for and/or fantasizing about relationships between characters) is essentially a decades old past time within fandom, regardless of orientation.  Combine the two, and yeah, some people are going to pine for a Captain America/Bucky pairing.  Just like they pine for Batman/Robin, Superman/Lex Luthor, Cyclops/Wolverine, and just about any other combination of prominent males in various titles (same goes for lesbian fantasy relationships (Harley Quinn and just about any other female from DC), and straight relationships).

Further, the point of Civil War isn't about collectivism (I mean, fucking really?).  It's about the inherent danger of letting people with power/authority run unchecked.  The idea of a perpetually good cabal of Übermensches who are right to operate completely without oversight is incredibly naive.  Moreover, the Avengers are largely to blame for creating their own trouble (see: Loki, Ultron, The Hulk), and have killed thousands both on American soil and abroad.  Really, given that the bulk of the Avengers are American (sans Black Widow, Thor, Scarlet Witch, and now Black Panther), allowing the Avengers to run roughshod over the entire planet edges a little too close to that American expansionism line than other countries, even our allies, would like.

So, it's not "The UN is awesome" but rather "Power should always be limited and used sparingly."  Which is something a libertarian should understand.

I don't have a problem with transsexuals, but I have a problem with them trying to throw it in everyone's faces. They are calling for the character in Frozen Elsa to have a homosexual relationship to introduce children to the LGBT community. Seems to be all the left cares about these days, sexuality, gender, race etc. They have now become emboldended because people are self censoring because of PC, that we will soon have them promoting pedophilia as true love, and incest as the new trendy thing to fight for. Just wait, trust me. I've heard them talk about it already.
(May 11, 2016 at 4:14 pm)Faith No More Wrote: If scooby has a problem with transgender people, he's backing the wrong candidate.  Trump doesn't see a problem with letting them use whatever bathroom they want.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

People born transexual is one thing, breasts, and a penis, or the opposite. It happens like all genetic defects like retardation. We shouldn't look down on them, but now they are promoting to little kids that you can be whoever you want to be, before they really have functional brains, screwing the kids up. Which is being done on purpose for control, and to disintegrate culture and society, into a mentally ill bunch of fools that fight for false rights. It's all about identity, which exists in their brains, not in the real world. So when we have a 50 year old five foot tall white man, who identifies as a six foot tall 30 year old black women, we are expected to appease them? For those that are not mentally ill, we don't, but there are those that will accept it.

We call them the statheists. Atheists, who love the state. They have no god, but the state, and will fight and demand trivial rights, and force everyone else to adopt them. Society is degenerating into filth. These are the collectivists who really have nothing to offer, but make demands that society change, transform, and adapt to their lifestyle, and promote it as healthy and normal. Although they think we are animals and nothing more, they would never last in the animal world. They would die out through evolution, but in a society which celebrates it, they will spread like a virus corrupting everything and everyone.

Sure I have no problem with how you live your life as long as your don't affect my life, but hte problem is they want to infiltrate my life, force their values on the rest of us. All because they think the hetero dominated cis-gendered procreation of civilization is a threat and a priveledge which they need to break down in the social order so they can succeed. If we were truly animals, they would go extinct. Luckily we have compassion, but to an extent that a subversive ideology is allowed to grow in our ranks.
Scoob, you are what is known in technical circles as a fucking prick.

You deserve Drumpf.  Two fucking pricks.
(May 12, 2016 at 11:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Scoob, you are what is known in technical circles as a fucking prick.

You deserve Drumpf.  Two fucking pricks.

We are more worried about macro issues, not micro issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyoN9V9fCuk
I have kept out of this thread as it would be unproductive, but after reading these 136 pages, I figured it was time.

Congress is the problem. Everyone is so concerned about which puppet will stand as "Head of State" and keep forgetting that it is congress that is fucking everything up. If we truly want to change America, let us get all those money grubbing fuckers out of office. When I hit the polls, I vote against the incumbents. They had their shot and either fucked it up or stood by and watched.

If we really want to change America, let us change congress.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(May 12, 2016 at 6:16 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Drumpf really shows how unsavvy many Americans are when it comes to understanding how PR works.  It's not just an overall educational deficiency (although that plays into it), but a complete lack of understanding about what sales pitches are, how to see through them, etc.

I'm confident I could sell most Drumpf supporters a bridge.

I don't think so because most supporters are sick of all the bull shit from politicians and the establishment. That's what makes him rogue, and anti establishment although the left likes to promote him as a billionaire elitist insider. Many people don't really know how public relations control the thoughts and thus the actions of the masses. Have you ever researched Edward Bernays, the nephew of Sigmund Freud, who was the psychoanalyst of his time who coined the term public relations? He has a great book titled Propaganda:

Full book:

http://www.whale.to/b/bernays.pdf

First several paragraphs:

THE conscious and intelligent manipulation of the
organized habits and opinions of the masses is an
important element in democratic society. Those who
manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute
an invisible government which is the true ruling
power of our country.
We are governed, our minds are molded, our
tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men
we have never heard of. This is a logical result of
the way in which our democratic society is organized.
Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in
this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly
functioning society.
Our invisible governors are, in many cases, unaware
of the identity of their fellow members in the
inner cabinet.
They govern us by their qualities of natural leadership,
their ability to supply needed ideas and by their
key position in the social structure. Whatever attitude
one chooses to take toward this condition, it
remains a fact that in almost every act of our daily
lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business,
in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are
Propaganda
dominated by the relatively small number of persons—a
trifling fraction of our hundred and twenty
million—who understand the mental processes and
social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the
wires which control the public mind, who harness old
social forces and contrive new ways to bind and guide
the world.
It is not usually realized how necessary these invisible
governors are to the orderly functioning of
our group life. In theory, every citizen may vote
for whom he pleases. Our Constitution does not
envisage political parties as part of the mechanism
of government, and its framers seem not to have
pictured to themselves the existence in our national
politics of anything like the modern political machine.
But the American voters soon found that
without organization and direction their individual
votes, cast, perhaps, for dozens or hundreds of candidates,
would produce nothing but confusion. Invisible
government, in the shape of rudimentary
political parties, arose almost overnight. Ever since
then we have agreed, for the sake of simplicity and
practicality, that party machines should narrow down
the field of choice to two candidates, or at most three
or four.
In theory, every citizen makes up his mind on
public questions and matters of private conduct. In
practice, if all men had to study for themselves the
abstruse economic, political, and ethical data involved
Organizing Chaos
in every question, they would find it impossible to
come to a conclusion about anything. We have
voluntarily agreed to let an invisible government
sift the data and high-spot the outstanding issues so
that our field of choice shall be narrowed to practical
proportions. From our leaders and the media they
use to reach the public, we accept the evidence and
the demarcation of issues bearing upon public questions;
from some ethical teacher, be it a minister, a
favorite essayist, or merely prevailing opinion, we
accept a standardized code of social conduct to which
we conform most of the time.
In theory, everybody buys the best and cheapest
commodities offered him on the market. In practice,
if every one went around pricing, and chemically
testing before purchasing, the dozens of soaps or
fabrics or brands of bread which are for sale, economic
life would become hopelessly jammed. To
avoid such confusion, society consents to have its
choice narrowed to ideas and objects brought to its
attention through propaganda of all kinds. There
is consequently a vast and continuous effort going on
to capture our minds in the interest of some policy or
commodity or idea.
It might be better to have, instead of propaganda
and special pleading, committees of wise men who
would choose our rulers, dictate our conduct, private
and public, and decide upon the best types of clothes
for us to wear and the best kinds of food for us to
eat. But we have chosen the opposite method, that
of open competition. We must find a way to make
free competition function with reasonable smoothness.
To achieve this society has consented to permit
free competition to be organized by leadership and
propaganda.
Some of the phenomena of this process are criticized—the
manipulation of news, the inflation of
personality, and the general ballyhoo by which politicians
and commercial products and social ideas are
brought to the consciousness of the masses. The instruments
by which public opinion is organized and
focused may be misused. But such organization and
focusing are necessary to orderly life.
As civilization has become more complex, and as
the need for invisible government has been increasingly
demonstrated, the technical means have been
invented and developed by which opinion may be
regimented.
With the printing press and the newspaper, the
railroad, the telephone, telegraph, radio and airplanes,
ideas can be spread rapidly and even instantaneously
over the whole of America.
H. G. Wells senses the vast potentialities of these
inventions when he writes in the New York Times:
"Modern means of communication—the power
afforded by print, telephone, wireless and so forth,
of rapidly putting through directive strategic or technical
conceptions to a great number of cooperating
Organizing Chaos
centers, of getting quick replies and effective discussion—have
opened up a new world of political processes.
Ideas and phrases can now be given an
effectiveness greater than the effectiveness of any
personality and stronger than any sectional interest.
The common design can be documented and sustained
against perversion and betrayal. It can be elaborated
and developed steadily and widely without personal,
local and sectional misunderstanding."
What Mr. Wells says of political processes is
equally true of commercial and social processes and
all manifestations of mass activity. The groupings
and affiliations of society to-day are no longer subject
to "local and sectional" limitations. When the Constitution
was adopted, the unit of organization was
the village community, which produced the greater
part of its own necessary commodities and generated
its group ideas and opinions by personal contact and
discussion directly among its citizens. But to-day,
because ideas can be instantaneously transmitted to
any distance and to any number of people, this geographical
integration has been supplemented by many
other kinds of grouping, so that persons having the
same ideas and interests may be associated and regimented
for common action even though they live
thousands of miles apart.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 5973 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 5834 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1546 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1918 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 1055 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 8873 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 3125 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1149 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully..... Brian37 18 1502 September 30, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Sal
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 879 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate