Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 12:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance?
RE: Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance?
The key with word being "if".
(June 17, 2016 at 4:10 pm)Constable Dorfl Wrote:
(June 17, 2016 at 10:00 am)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote: Veritas Vincit, you may look at my answers above.

--Again, why would a perfect being (and god is perfect per christian doctrine) allow his divine word to be tampered with?--

The thinking is that in order for humans to grow mentally/spiritually they must learn how to protect themselves and others from evil, so God doesn't intervene every time evil happens including The Bible being corrupted.  It's the only way for people to reach their potential.

You may think of it as intervention through nonintervention.

The thinking is that God has arranged for the necessary things like food, water, clothing and so on, so not completely abandoned us.  If we choose to do good we grow mentally/spiritually.

You've brought up this "tampered with the word of god nonsense" a number* of times now, but have failed to give any kind of a response to my query every time I ask it of you. It is very relevant to what you are trying to establish.

Hopefully what I put above was some help to you.

--*I was going to use "couple" here, but then I realised that the Irish interpretation of couple is pretty unique.--

Acknowledged.

Constable Dorfl, you may look at my answers above.
(June 15, 2016 at 8:57 pm)Losty Wrote:
(June 15, 2016 at 8:55 pm)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote: Isn't the story that Jesus rose from the dead to live forever ?

How is that relevant. For one, I don't believe any of that crap. Secondly, the bible was written long after this happened. None of those people thought we would love forever. They had no excuse to stand around and watch as he was killed.

Would you have try to beat back Roman soldiers to save every judicially condamned criminal?

If not, why Jesus?
(June 15, 2016 at 9:22 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(June 15, 2016 at 9:12 pm)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote: Do you think in the story Jesus didn't choose to die ?

It's nice that we at least try to help suicidal people now, don't you think?

He wasn't being murdered, he wasn't strictly suicidal. He was being executed.
(June 17, 2016 at 8:10 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: He wasn't being murdered, he wasn't strictly suicidal.  He was being executed.

Have you forgotten the bible?

Jesus actually had a conversation with his father, asking if it was absolutely necessary that the execution take place.

Jesus consented after the conversation.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 17, 2016 at 4:44 pm)Drich Wrote: In for a penny in for a pound got to respect someone who is willing to follow their 'moral' relativism to hell if that's where it takes them.
.............now if only you would follow your objective morality to the same place.   

As it so happens, it's one of the moral dilemmas presented by the thought experiment as it relates to christians. If a christian doesn't help they will have betrayed their objective moral value system but can be redeemed. If they help, they will be consigned to hell by default...for conforming to their objective moral value system.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Maelstrom Wrote:
Anomalocaris Wrote:He wasn't being murdered, he wasn't strictly suicidal.  He was being executed.

Have you forgotten the bible?

Jesus actually had a conversation with his father, asking if it was absolutely necessary that the execution take place.

And if you ran into Jesus as he is being judicially executed, you would know this how?
If jesus is god, then he should have known exactly what was to happen and could have diverted the scenario at anytime and still keep on preaching.

The execution was the goal. Intentional and with forethought.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(June 17, 2016 at 9:31 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: And if you ran into Jesus as he is being judicially executed, you would know this how?

I guess you're another theistic factor, you have not read the bible.

Not surprising.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 17, 2016 at 9:31 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
Maelstrom Wrote:Have you forgotten the bible?

And if you ran into Jesus as he is being judicially executed, you would know this how?
Well jesus did commit suicide by cop....
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slam dunk - Jesus had no clue LinuxGal 19 1518 September 16, 2023 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Data
  Why do I need to be saved? zwanzig 15 1276 August 3, 2023 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Questions I have had about the Bible recently... FlatAssembler 12 2235 July 24, 2021 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5843 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
  How do Christians imagine 2nd coming of Jesus? Fake Messiah 39 3848 September 15, 2020 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty? Greatest I am 159 10147 September 10, 2020 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 10159 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3532 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4513 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8129 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm