Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 1:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is white privilege real? To what extent?
RE: Is white privilege real? To what extent?
(July 20, 2016 at 11:22 am)RobertE Wrote: Indeed there is, unless you are so short-sighted and only come here because these problems ONLY exist in America. You only have to watch disaster movies made in Hollywood that show meteors that somehow only target the USA.......we call it "egotistical."  Big Grin

And - your point is? You may be surprised, but some of us have pointed out that white privilege isn't exclusive to America. It happens in other places too. Three guesses as to what these other places and America have in common.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 19, 2016 at 8:58 pm)Thena323 Wrote:
(July 19, 2016 at 7:15 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Wrote: If you want an argument to work you should really stop using me as an example of the things that won't happen to white people because their in the majority.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat this but I lived in a Pakistani community for 31 years, yes I have had to worry about what I say because sometimes I've made a remark it's been said it's a typical white thing to say and white people always say that.

My family has been told that we might aswell sell our house and leave by some old Pakistani who just came to our door to tell us that, I've been punched, called white trash and every other name relating to that phrase.

And that's not to cast a bad light onto the Pakistanis, the majority of the time they're great  neighbours and there's worse white majority areas near me to live in, but in 31 years I've encountered some idiots.

So white privilege and all other arguments aside, don't say you know what I've had to worry about and what I haven't had to worry about at least without asking me first. And that's if you want any kind of accuracy or truth to what you're saying. 

If I get told anymore about me not having to worry about being in the minority or the prejudice that sometimes entails from that I'll just assume people aren't reading what I'm writing.

I don't know what misunderstandings you're talking about regarding those words.

Yeah. 
Duly noted.

So can you point out where I've misunderstood those words?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RobertE Wrote:
Mister Agenda Wrote:Do you feel the UK has not been given enough attention in this discussion?

Then in that case, surely the thread title is misleading. Privilege for all races exists depending on where you are brought up. Believe it or not, blacks go on about the Indians and how they are privileged in India, or how the Whites and Asians are priviliged in India too and yet not one fuck was given with regards to those who don't have that privilege of an education.
You don't say, really? I had no idea, being an American, that such things went on outside of our borders. Do you think  it would help if we invaded them?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(July 20, 2016 at 11:27 am)abaris Wrote:
(July 20, 2016 at 11:22 am)RobertE Wrote: Indeed there is, unless you are so short-sighted and only come here because these problems ONLY exist in America. You only have to watch disaster movies made in Hollywood that show meteors that somehow only target the USA.......we call it "egotistical."  Big Grin

And - your point is? You may be surprised, but some of us have pointed out that white privilege isn't exclusive to America. It happens in other places too. Three guesses as to what these other places and America have in common.

You said earlier white privilege is a western thing. I asked and got no answer, does this mean you think white privilege isn't prevalent in Russia, Russia being an eastern country.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(July 20, 2016 at 11:32 am)paulpablo Wrote: You said earlier white privilege is a western thing.  I asked and got no answer, does this mean you think white privilege isn't prevalent in Russia, Russia being an eastern country.

Ah, Russians being white, you mean. If you wish to include them, be my guest. Let's leave it at majority white populations and let's not call it the West, mister semantic. Everything to satisfy your poorly veiled agenda.

Poor whitey is falsely attacked. Want to have another attempt at squaring the circle(jerk)?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 20, 2016 at 11:32 am)paulpablo Wrote:
(July 20, 2016 at 11:27 am)abaris Wrote: And - your point is? You may be surprised, but some of us have pointed out that white privilege isn't exclusive to America. It happens in other places too. Three guesses as to what these other places and America have in common.

You said earlier white privilege is a western thing.  I asked and got no answer, does this mean you think white privilege isn't prevalent in Russia, Russia being an eastern country.

Saying that white privilege is a western thing, is actually stating that white privilege doesn't exist in Russia, it is not in the West. White privilege exists in America because the ethnic minorities (from what I can gather and from what I read about "white privilege") are treated like sub-humans. Police target blacks, Asians, Mexican and American Indians like shit, and compare that to the United Kingdom, it is quite clear that America might be the mightiest country in the world, it is long from being the most liberal.
I will bring up privilege again. Whenever I hear blacks, chinese, Korean or Japanese talking about white privilege, they should stop and think for a moment and realise how lucky they are to be able to have an education, have access to the latest technology etc. Again, I refer you to the caste system and the Dalits:

This is a relative old article, but it gives you a picture that is worse than what even the blacks are facing in the USA:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...ables.html

Quote:Statistics compiled by India's National Crime Records Bureau indicate that in the year 2000, the last year for which figures are available, 25,455 crimes were committed against Dalits. Every hour two Dalits are assaulted; every day three Dalit women are raped, two Dalits are murdered, and two Dalit homes are torched.

Then there is this damning statistic:

Quote:That same year, 68,160 complaints were filed against the police for activities ranging from murder, torture, and collusion in acts of atrocity, to refusal to file a complaint. Sixty two percent of the cases were dismissed as unsubstantiated; 26 police officers were convicted in court.

yes, 42,250 cases were thrown out of court.

Remember, there are always people who are worse off and to be honest, it makes me sick to listen to the constant moaning and whining in the West when in reality, they have got it so good.
Why, Rob, why should they stop and think about that?  Because it irritates you to hear them express their frustration at being casually and unconsciously discriminated against?  It's not about what irritates you...but you might think it is, that you have the right to this opinion, and that it's so very valid.... while their comments are moaning and whining.........there's a term for that.  

Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Show me any ethnic minority in the United States that is subject to this:

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/cer...gj-hrw.pdf
(July 20, 2016 at 11:58 am)Rhythm Wrote: Why, Rob, why should they stop and think about that?  Because it irritates you to hear them express their frustration at being casually and unconsciously discriminated against?  It's not about what irritates you...but you might think it is, that you have the right to this opinion, and that it's so very valid.... while their comments are moaning and whining.........there's a term for that.  

Wink

What do you want me to say? That white privilege is something only a black person in the United States would say?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The white privilege to terrorize Foxaèr 116 8447 November 2, 2020 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Militias/BS white anxiety and toilet paper. Brian37 10 1234 October 29, 2020 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  White liberals are the true racists Sammin 55 4432 October 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  White Christians are in retreat Minimalist 0 244 October 21, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 3996 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  One Less Cunt In The White House Minimalist 0 375 June 5, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The SPLC - All White at the Top John V 29 4209 April 24, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  White House Gun Meeting Foxaèr 23 2251 March 1, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The White House, an adult daycare center. Jehanne 3 887 October 9, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  The White House meets Westeros Foxaèr 2 528 July 16, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr