Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milwalkee riots
RE: Milwalkee riots
(August 18, 2016 at 10:01 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Criticizing BLM is now "nigger bashing"?

^ No i don't believe it is since you are criticizing a group.  
I get what BLM want's but the way they handle things... and the way they 
protest... is bad... all this senseless violence and destruction for what... violence
only breeds violence the change they want wont come because of the way they do things.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(August 18, 2016 at 10:25 am)dyresand Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 10:01 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Criticizing BLM is now "nigger bashing"?

^ No i don't believe it is since you are criticizing a group.  
I get what BLM want's but they way they handle things... and the way they 
protest... is bad... all this senseless violence and destruction for what... violence
only breeds violence the change they want wont come because of the way they do things.

You may not believe that it is, but quite a few members of the forum seem to think otherwise. And look at BQ, she's talking about leaving the forum for a while because people are challenging her views.

At least you and a minority of others on this forum are sensible.
Paul, yours was when you hoped that a member of the BLM would be run over by a car followed immediately by Bella saying they were fucking arseholes.
Whether you mean it in a racist way or not, you're both usually followed by A Theist who obviously feels encouraged and then Robert.E.
Like Thena said, it's about perception.
That's why I asked you what your stance actually is.
You see, I'm asking you for an explanation.
And if I'm out of line by calling you all out, then I will accept that and apologise.
I fucking hate confrontation.
But the way that Thena feels is the very thing I was worried about and I felt compelled to say something.
That's why I said if there were 10 more saying similar things, I wouldn't want to be any part of it.
(August 18, 2016 at 10:21 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 2:55 am)Little lunch Wrote: Ok, I think black people have had it bad for a long time in America and also in a lot of other Western countries.
The evidence for that is overwhelming.
I don't think anyone should ever get away with committing a crime, but I think when it happens on a large scale the powers that be need to take a good look at the system and see if issues like poverty, discrimination or police brutality is the cause.

RobertE, Paulpablo, A theist and Belle Morte - may I ask what your stance is on that?
I don't understand your point of views on this subject.
Are you trying to create an equally opposite point of view to nullify their claims?
Where does the bitterness come from?

Personally, I've never been on a site where there were so many, seemingly, racist comments.
It makes me very uncomfortable and if there were ten more people reacting this way I would leave altogether.
Honestly I think I'm done with this forum. At least for a while. I've become so uncomfortable here.

I hope you reconsider, BQ, but I'd understand if you didn't. I'm sorry you and some of our other members have been made uncomfortable by the remarks of a few of the people here. They sure as hell don't speak for me or most others, I dare say.
(August 18, 2016 at 11:12 am)Crossless1 Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 10:21 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Honestly I think I'm done with this forum. At least for a while. I've become so uncomfortable here.

I hope you reconsider, BQ, but I'd understand if you didn't. I'm sorry you and some of our other members have been made uncomfortable by the remarks of a few of the people here. They sure as hell don't speak for me or most others, I dare say.

Nor I.
I know, I just think I need a break.
(August 18, 2016 at 9:53 am)paulpablo Wrote: I know you said seemingly racist, hence the question, which comments seemed racist?

How about this one:

(August 18, 2016 at 10:20 am)paulpablo Wrote: I don't see how criticizing these specific people is racist, I hope these people don't represent black people as a whole.
*emphasis mine*

Criticizing an individual is not racist, however worrying whether an individual represents a whole race kinda is.
(August 18, 2016 at 11:52 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 9:53 am)paulpablo Wrote: I know you said seemingly racist, hence the question, which comments seemed racist?

How about this one:

(August 18, 2016 at 10:20 am)paulpablo Wrote: I don't see how criticizing these specific people is racist, I hope these people don't represent black people as a whole.
*emphasis mine*

Criticizing an individual is not racist, however worrying whether an individual represents a whole race kinda is.

I was being sarcastic. To put it clearer. I know these people don't represent black people as a whole therefore the comments I make about these specific people is not race related.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

There was nothing about that phrasing that sounded sarcastic. Seems like backpedalling to me.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(August 18, 2016 at 10:01 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 9:25 am)Thena323 Wrote: There aren't that many black members who are regular posters here. 

The only reason I'm here is because I happened to join during a period when this was atheist discussion forum. I got know some of the regular posters here, MOST of which are very decent people. If I'd been perusing the forums during one of the times when there have been multiple  nigger-bashing/ dog whistle threads going at once, I probably wouldn't have wasted my time.

Btw, none of you Usual Suspects need whine about about my black whining; That's not what I'm doing, assholes. I don't have any expectation at that anything should or even could be done about it, or that anyone should care. I'm simply sharing my thoughts, as to how a member (particularly a new one) could be left with perception that this forum is fairly hostile.

And it still is.

*sigh*

I'm aware of that, dear. In case you missed it (and I know you didn't), my post was regarding perceptions.

Quote:Criticising BLM is now "nigger bashing"?

No, it isn't.

However, there are certain individuals here who choose to euphemize their nigger-bashing , as "criticizing BLM".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Oliver on riots and looting. Brian37 31 2742 June 9, 2020 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Hamburg G20 summit riots Alex K 1 411 July 7, 2017 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus