Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 3:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Trump has won
RE: Why Trump has won
Vox.com is pissing me off now with the blatant pro-Hillary crap. Yeah, it was fun reading your bullshit rants against Trump for a while, but start acting like an unbiased source of news for fuck's sake. Your rantings did jack shit against Trump. Stop ranting and start reporting.

This goes for all other so-called objective but blatantly pro-Hillary media news sources.
I don't even know what I am. Certainly not neo liberal, as it's being described. Or regressive liberal. I think PC did go too far and we're paying for it.
I hate trying to fit myself into a label box.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(November 10, 2016 at 12:09 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Doesn't change the fact that politics isn't image and offence. What they think is irrelevant to what it actually is. Projecting spurious pseudo-political fake opinions to  mask an egoistic two-faced hypocritical agenda that doesn't actually hold political viewpoints and is all about self-rationalization and maintaining one's own individual self-image like a SJW (that doesn't really give a fuck about social justice and only cares about the appearance of it) =/= a political view.

I am reading you.

My bolding.

b-mine

Obviously not........what about "that -is- what politics is now" did I fail to communicate? Trump ran on "It's gonna be great" and Hillary ran on "He's a bigot". If I can't convince you, and this election can't convince you....what might convince you?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 10, 2016 at 3:28 pm)Aroura Wrote: I don't even know what I am.  Certainly not neo liberal, as it's being described.  Or regressive liberal.  I think PC did go too far and we're paying for it.

Back from our days at af.com, and remembering our interactions, how about just a nice person trying to get along? Like the vast majority of folks, incidentally.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(November 10, 2016 at 3:34 pm)Pandæmonium Wrote:
(November 10, 2016 at 3:28 pm)Aroura Wrote: I don't even know what I am.  Certainly not neo liberal, as it's being described.  Or regressive liberal.  I think PC did go too far and we're paying for it.

Back from our days at af.com, and remembering our interactions, how about just a nice person trying to get along? Like the vast majority of folks, incidentally.

How is the old forum anyway, still chugging along it seems?  I haven't been back in a while.
Thanks, and right back atcha. Smile
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

You're you and you're awesome. You don't need a label at all, all you need is your own good judgement and your vote. Heart

If you feel that a label helps you self-identity better... have you taken the political compass test?
(November 10, 2016 at 3:28 pm)Aroura Wrote: I think PC did go too far 

In what ways?
(November 10, 2016 at 3:29 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(November 10, 2016 at 12:09 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Doesn't change the fact that politics isn't image and offence. What they think is irrelevant to what it actually is. Projecting spurious pseudo-political fake opinions to  mask an egoistic two-faced hypocritical agenda that doesn't actually hold political viewpoints and is all about self-rationalization and maintaining one's own individual self-image like a SJW (that doesn't really give a fuck about social justice and only cares about the appearance of it) =/= a political view.

I am reading you.

My bolding.

b-mine

Obviously not........what about "that -is- what politics is now" did I fail to communicate?  Trump ran on "It's gonna be great" and Hillary ran on "He's a bigot".  If I can't convince you, and this election can't convince you....what might convince you?

Politicians with their own selfish egoistic agendas =/= politics.

Politics is politics. It doesn't change when people start abusing it, that's just people abusing it.

I'm not a political person and I have no interest in politics because of the fuckers who abuse it. I'd be interested if there weren't corrupt fuckers in charge and an idiotic majority doing most of the voting while being misled by the corrupt fuckers in charge.

The problem isn't politics, it's the politicians and the public.
(November 10, 2016 at 3:46 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote:
(November 10, 2016 at 3:29 pm)Rhythm Wrote: b-mine

Obviously not........what about "that -is- what politics is now" did I fail to communicate?  Trump ran on "It's gonna be great" and Hillary ran on "He's a bigot".  If I can't convince you, and this election can't convince you....what might convince you?

Politicians with their own selfish egoistic agendas =/= politics.
Tell that to politicians and politics Ham......  Dodgy

Quote:Politics is politics. It doesn't change when people start abusing it, that's just people abusing it.
Whatever you say, I guess.  You saying it doesn't seem to have any effect on them doing it.  

Quote:I'm not a political person and I have no interest in politics because of the fuckers who abuse it. I'd be interested if there weren't corrupt fuckers in charge and an idiotic majority doing most of the voting while being misled by the corrupt fuckers in charge.

The problem isn't politics, it's the politicians and the public.
Politics is just what politicians -do-, Ham....whatever that happens to be.  If that's image and offense, guess what, tough titties, that's politics now. Personally, I've realized that no amount of "you guys are totally doing it wrong" works. If you want to win, you have to win from the inside. You have to take their model and subvert it.

So, these nubs wave a flag...I wave it harder and shame them for their limp-wristed flag waving. For example. Accept -everything- they say is true...because, honestly, do you want to argue that with idiots? GL.

Much more effective to show them that they're -still- wrong, even after you grant every idiotic thing they have to say.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 10, 2016 at 3:43 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote:

You're you and you're awesome. You don't need a label at all, all you need is your own good judgement and your vote. Heart

If you feel that a label helps you self-identity better... have you taken the political compass test?

That test is balls, apparently I'm left wing ??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 22060 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Raising the minimum wage won't help Foxaèr 156 8693 June 16, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1909 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  I Know This Won’t Come As A Shock BrianSoddingBoru4 13 900 February 15, 2021 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 4363 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1136 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why wasn't Trump destroyed like Michael Jackson? WinterHold 11 1284 January 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Trump supporters-why are they so sensitive? A Godzilla fan 27 2123 September 5, 2019 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Drich
  Why Red Flag Laws Won't Work. onlinebiker 203 11394 August 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What is it about Trump that has allowed him to acquire so many ardent followers? GODZILLA 53 4753 June 20, 2019 at 1:31 am
Last Post: GODZILLA