Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 5:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adoption of mentally impaired babies
RE: Adoption of mentally impaired babies
(January 13, 2017 at 11:35 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I know I know I know, I'll burn in everlasting fire for pointing out that you can't help but use a disabled person as a prop in your abortion nonsense, and the things that hop out at you most about the value of this persons life and dignity are, apparently, those things that bring you joy and allow you to imagine me roasting in a pit of flame.

These are the fruits by which I know the tree.  No wonder eve got into shit for eating them.

She as a person brings me joy, it is who she is that I love not what she is, just as those you love bring you joy, right. You must be like Rhythm, believing the mentally disabled can't be who only what's, sad you will never enjoy the wonders of the mentally disabled. I did not have to use her to express how I feel about abortion, as I've stated many times in the past and long before she came to live with us, abortion is murder.I know you couldn't care less about what the Bible says but, I form my world view by it, it's my right as a human being to do so. The Bible states that when a fetus is killed the one who did so is guilty of murder. Most states have a law that says if a person kills a fetus without the consent of the mother that person can be charged with murder or manslaughter if accidental. Now tell me if it's unlawful in those cases why not with abortion,too.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I -am- Rhythm, dolt.  If you didn't have to use her to express how you feel about abortion...then why did you? Some wonder, some enjoyment, some god.

Temet nosce.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 14, 2017 at 2:00 am)Khemikal Wrote: I -am- Rhythm, dolt.  If you didn't have to use her to express how you feel about abortion...then why did you? Some wonder, some enjoyment, some god.

Temet nosce.

Yes you are, his other personality and no better. I brought her up in other threads before this one and never mentioned abortion. Bringing her up here was in response to CL's thread, it was meant to let people know the mentally disabled are real people with real lives who enjoy their lives and can be part of others lives without being a burden when you give them the love they deserve. Like I said it's to bad you can't love those who are not acceptable to you, IMO your bigotry towards the mentally and probably the physically disabled is disgusting at the least. You do know not all people who are mentally disabled are born that way, we have a 62 year old man who lives with us that suffered an industrial accident and is mentally disabled, do you think he should be eliminated, if not then why is it alright to abort a child that will have a mental disability, to me thinking that way is bigoted.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
All of that time, never parading her around...you were doing so well, then.... ski-douche, abortion, and you find the urge irresistable.  There's really no point at which I'm not going to laugh at you for what you decided to say, and more than that, for trying so desperately to paint yourself as a good guy for saying what you said in that post and in each subsequent post. You're a vile piece of christer shit.  If you can't be okay with that, then who could?

How many people will you claim to have collected to redeem your damaged soul, I wonder..before this thread is through?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 14, 2017 at 2:36 am)Khemikal Wrote: All of that time, never parading her around...you were doing so well, then.... ski-douche, abortion, and you find the urge irresistable.  There's really no point at which I'm not going to laugh at you for what you decided to say, and more than that, for trying so desperately to paint yourself as a good guy for saying what you said in that post and in each subsequent post. You're a vile piece of christer shit.  If you can't be okay with that, then who could?

How many people will you claim to have collected to redeem your damaged soul, I wonder..before this thread is through?

I never said a word about my wife or myself being the good guy, we consider ourselves blessed to have her in our lives. I couldn't careless about what you think, worthless thought from a worthless human being equals worthless. I see that some of what I posted got under your skin, good hope it does you some good. You didn't address one thing I stated about you so I'm going to take it that deep down you must agree, I'm through with this conversation between us any further post by you will be you talking to yourself.

GC
Maybe you are all happy together GC, and it's a good thing to support others like you are doing. But personally, I'd prefer not to bring in a disabled child in this world if possible, because whether you can accept it or not, disabled people especially those who'll have to depend on others for their entire lives, normally suffer a lot in our society. Sure, a loving family, a good support net can help a disabled person enjoy as much happiness as a normal person, but in most cases that is temporary. Parents do not live forever, and once they are gone, life for a disabled person can easily become far worse than what you imagine hell to be.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't help or love the disabled that are already among us, but I feel it is also not right to willingly bring them in and force them to suffer through life when it can be prevented.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Some people understand that all the personal joy in the world isn't an excuse to saddle another with disability.  Others don't. It's a hell of a thing to conceive, to be filled with the joy of expectation, only to learn that your child will be born disabled. Those who decide that they cannot, in good conscience, carry such a pregnancy to term have made a terrible sacrifice. They deserve our support, our sympathy..instead, they get righteous indignation.
(January 14, 2017 at 3:33 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Maybe you are all happy together GC, and it's a good thing to support others like you are doing. But personally, I'd prefer not to bring in a disabled child in this world if possible, because whether you can accept it or not, disabled people especially those who'll have to depend on others for their entire lives, normally suffer a lot in our society. Sure, a loving family, a good support net can help a disabled person enjoy as much happiness as a normal person, but in most cases that is temporary. Parents do not live forever, and once they are gone, life for a disabled person can easily become far worse than what you imagine hell to be.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't help or love the disabled that are already among us, but I feel it is also not right to willingly bring them in and force them to suffer through life when it can be prevented.

Have you ever worked with or lived with a mentally disabled person, if no then you're speculating. What right does anyone have in saying this child should live and that one should be murdered. Once parameters are set they can easily be changed to suit the moment, then it could get down to small physical disabilities such as a deformed hand. We fought against this type of thinking in WWII when Hitler and his Nazi pals wanted to breed a super-race and eliminate what they considered the undesirable race. Is the world going to now accept and normalize what once was labeled atrocities. We to date have not met one person who has demeaned our "baby girl," to the contrary she has received nothing but respect. She goes out into the community shopping with my wife several times a week so her exposure to people is quite high, we do not try and shelter her from the public that would be cruel. Not only that she would want to know why she can't go out then what is one to say, your not suitable for the public or people will make fun of you, her question to that would be why. You see she doesn't see herself as different, an example here, recently my uncle became very ill and we took her with us to visit with him and before we knew it she was trying to comfort his family in her own way, everyone realized what she was doing, is this the kind of heart you would eliminate from the world. In the two plus years she's been with us you could write a book on her relationship with other people. We do realize she is far from what people consider normal, it's just that we do not treat her that way and the result is a well adjusted young lady who by her own will loves others. There are to many bad people in this world to deny it of such caring and love.

GC
You're right, GC, heart-broken mothers who tearfully abort are a bunch of cold hearted Nazis, robbing the world and people like you of wonderful individuals who absolutely won't have any problems in their peachy lives full of well wishes and rainbows.  

Jerkoff
Yes GC, I have spent time volunteering with special needs children and I know pretty well how much pain they were in. But that doesn't matter, what I said doesn't require first hand experience but only to see the world as it is. Also please don't twist my words. I never advocated murdering a child, abortion doesn't take place after someone is born. With today's technology many disabilities can be predicted quite early, and thus prevented before before the baby even forms.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fur babies BrokenQuill92 6 322 November 22, 2019 at 8:43 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If You Did Haz A Clone Of Yourself Identical Mentally *AND* Physically? Edwardo Piet 53 9299 April 5, 2018 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Hypothetical: Four babies... The Valkyrie 24 2331 January 12, 2018 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Opening up about being mentally ill Faith No More 98 10962 December 31, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Family "invests" $100K in beanie babies, goes bankrupt Doubting Thomas 29 8308 July 29, 2013 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  For the logic impaired... SHIN KAIRI 179 44624 April 6, 2013 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Mystical
  gay adoption joshgold17 39 9948 December 31, 2010 at 5:28 am
Last Post: Violet