Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 5:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(April 4, 2018 at 10:51 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(April 3, 2018 at 5:32 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Responsible gun owners store firearms safely.

We never had to find where the firearms where stored, we knew where they where. We also knew if we went anywhere near them, we. Would get our asses beat.

If they weren't inaccessible to minors they weren't stored safely. Unless the minors were expendable, that is. I've lost an average of 4 preteen relatives a year since 2000. Every one of the gun owners would have said "my guns are stored safely" before they had a dead kid on their hands. Most still do after losing a child.
It's not like it;s hard to do, either.  The only reason a person keeps their firearms unsafely stored (I say reason, excluding the dumbasses that just do for no reason)...is that they explicitly plan to shoot a human being with it...which, imo, outta be a disqualifying trait for gun ownership..but hey, you know.

That the gun they explicitly purchased and explicitly stored in such a state as to be ready to shoot a human being ends up.......shooting a human being....... shouldn't be all that surprising.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
My favorite story about "safely stored guns" involved a guy who pissed off a gal he brought home one night. Got really rough with her, had his way and promptly dozed off. She saw the guy on the headboard and unloaded six into the guy's skull. (L.A., round about '86, IIRC.)
On that note..doesn't it seem like the possession of an armory ought to come with some sort of requirement that a person also possess some sort of armory control apparatus or experience?

All firearms should come with trigger locks and hammer stays.  People shouldn't be allowed to buy ammo unless they have a place to store it.  We maintain these sorts of restrictions for every other explosive......and what are guns but tiny little bombs with a pipe kit?

Sure, sure...the only unforgiveable sin in daddys house is touching daddy's guns.......but making sure that touching daddy's guns doesn't lead to a funeral is all on daddy.- and if daddy can;t be bothered to lock up his pistol, daddy needs to be locked up because he;s just as dangerous as the fuckin gun.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 4, 2018 at 11:43 am)Khemikal Wrote: On that note..doesn't it seem like the possession of an armory ought to come with some sort of requirement that a person also possess some sort of armory control apparatus or experience?

All firearms should come with trigger locks and hammer stays.  People shouldn't be allowed to buy ammo unless they have a place to store it.  We maintain these sorts of restrictions for every other explosive......and what are guns but tiny little bombs with a pipe kit?

Sure, sure...the only unforgiveable sin in daddys house is touching daddy's guns.......but making sure that touching daddy's guns doesn't lead to a funeral is all on daddy.- and if daddy can;t be bothered to lock up his pistol, daddy needs to be locked up because he;s just as dangerous as the fuckin gun.

ANY infringement on a gun owner's prerogatives raises a holy stink and screams of "slippery slope!!!!", so good luck getting them to do what makes sense.
(April 4, 2018 at 11:22 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(April 4, 2018 at 10:51 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: We never had to find where the firearms where stored, we knew where they where. We also knew if we went anywhere near them, we. Would get our asses beat.

If they weren't inaccessible to minors they weren't stored safely. Unless the minors were expendable, that is. I've lost an average of 4 preteen relatives a year since 2000. Every one of the gun owners would have said "my guns are stored safely" before they had a dead kid on their hands. Most still do after losing a child.

For us... loose car keys would have probably been more of a danger.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
People lock their doors and their cars...but not their guns.  Because freedom?> Because Tyranny?> Because it's their god given right?>
(April 4, 2018 at 11:22 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: If they weren't inaccessible to minors they weren't stored safely. Unless the minors were expendable, that is. I've lost an average of 4 preteen relatives a year since 2000. Every one of the gun owners would have said "my guns are stored safely" before they had a dead kid on their hands. Most still do after losing a child.

I find that hard to believe.
(April 4, 2018 at 2:15 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(April 4, 2018 at 11:22 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: If they weren't inaccessible to minors they weren't stored safely. Unless the minors were expendable, that is. I've lost an average of 4 preteen relatives a year since 2000. Every one of the gun owners would have said "my guns are stored safely" before they had a dead kid on their hands. Most still do after losing a child.

I find that hard to believe.

Okay, maybe they're just hiding behind the sofa. I'll have their parents check.
(April 4, 2018 at 6:12 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(April 4, 2018 at 2:15 pm)alpha male Wrote: I find that hard to believe.

Okay, maybe they're just hiding behind the sofa. I'll have their parents check.

I'm not trying to be insensitive; loosing family is horrible.   But we are talking about ~60 relatives.  Is that correct?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1804 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2304 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 73256 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1164 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13277 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1991 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3182 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4423 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1193 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2428 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist