Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 10:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamza Tzortzis
RE: Hamza Tzortzis
genkaus Wrote:You may also do it to prove your love, since marriage is often thought of as a lifelong commitment. Personally, I don't believe that getting married "proves" anything.

Totally agree with you there genkaus.

I see
Quote:marriage is a social contract. And all contracts are better when clearly defined and put into writing since then they are legally enforceable
as an accurate view of the current state of societal affairs.
and
Quote: Married people are afforded advantages that single people are not, such as tax exmption from inheritance, joint property, default power of attorney etc
about the only reason for people (of any persuasion) to get "married"
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 16, 2012 at 1:17 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
Quote: Married people are afforded advantages that single people are not, such as tax exmption from inheritance, joint property, default power of attorney etc
about the only reason for people (of any persuasion) to get "married"

I agree with everything you said, and I'd just like to add another reason to the end of this bit if I may. When I lost my darling Sam back in 2010, I dutifully informed the Social Security office (among other things) as we were both in receipt of benefits etc. It was at that point that I learned that I was not eligible for Bereavement Benefit, since although we lived together as though married, which is usually a recognised distinction in these matters, we were not actually married. Traditional marriages, civil partnerships - same-sex marriages in all but name - these are recognised offically, but not what could be termed common-law partnerships. Basically what it boiled down to was this: for any aspect of the bereavement that involved my paying out, we were officially recognised as a couple. Any part which involved Social Security payments coming the other way didn't recognise our partnership.

Don't get me wrong, I would so much rather have my Sam back than a penny of their money. It just would have been nice for some sort of official acknowledgement of our partnership. Thus if I could change one thing (apart from the obvious) I would get us married like a shot.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 16, 2012 at 1:38 am)Stimbo Wrote: Basically what it boiled down to was this: for any aspect of the bereavement that involved my paying out, we were officially recognised as a couple. Any part which involved Social Security payments coming the other way didn't recognise our partnership.

I think it is for this that gays want their unions recognised by law in the form of marriage

(February 16, 2012 at 1:38 am)Stimbo Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I would so much rather have my Sam back than a penny of their money. It just would have been nice for some sort of official acknowledgement of our partnership. Thus if I could change one thing (apart from the obvious) I would get us married like a shot.

Blush I'm sorry Stimbo to send to a place of grief with my comments Sad
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 15, 2012 at 12:35 pm)Phil Wrote:
(February 15, 2012 at 11:02 am)Koklanas Wrote: There is such a thing called 'repentence' in all 3 Abrahamic religion. Jewish, Christian and Islam ( religion that stresses oneness of God).
Those who repent falls under rehabilitation category.
Prophet Adam was forgiven once, when he repented and asked forgivenes from God for eating the forbiden fruit.

Those 3 religions also have deterance sentence mentioned in the old tastement, book of torah (jews), Qoran. Once one receives this deterent sentence one's sin will be forgiven by God. No need to worry when one dies. perfectly clean slate again. The sentence normally involves canning.
And what does this have to do with punishment after death. Please try answering what I wrote or don't even bother replying.

I was responding to your 3 categories of punishment. Punishment aftar death is for those who escape conviction during his liifetime. or who received light sentence for serious crime.
As cruel as it may be, there are killers, rapists, robbers that escape justice. The fact that you can't really deal with this bit of reality, makes you seek refuge in a belief in god?
(February 16, 2012 at 10:05 am)Koklanas Wrote:
(February 15, 2012 at 11:02 am)Koklanas Wrote: There is such a thing called 'repentence' in all 3 Abrahamic religion. Jewish, Christian and Islam ( religion that stresses oneness of God).
Prophet Adam was forgiven once, when he repented and asked forgivenes from God for eating the forbiden fruit.

Those 3 religions also have deterance sentence mentioned in the old tastement, book of torah (jews), Qoran. Once one receives this deterent sentence one's sin will be forgiven by God. No need to worry when one dies. perfectly clean slate again. The sentence normally involves canning.
And what does this have to do with punishment after death. Please try answering what I wrote or don't even bother replying.

I was responding to your 3 categories of punishment. Punishment aftar death is for those who escape conviction during his liifetime. or who received light sentence for serious crime.

No, it looked like you were trying to weasel out of answering what the reason is. Answer the question. Even if you want to include the categories I dismissed (since the punished person must be alive), there is no reason for punishment of anyone after death except for the amusement of a vicious god.
(February 15, 2012 at 1:15 pm)Rhythm Wrote: It doesn't matter how many people believe these things Kok, or if three different religious traditions describe these things. I thought we were past this? The beliefs of others do not meet my standards for evidence, no matter how many, no matter how well agreed upon.

Atheists get married for a number of reasons, I'm sure. One of which is likely to be love. Why would you imagine that atheists are any different than anyone else in this regard?

"Justice" "balance" and "logic" all in one sentence? You're missing an important one though, "demonstration".

I imagine athiests are different since only athiests do not believe in supreme being. since every other religion typically have rules and regulation when it comes to sexuality. ie having to undergo Marriage according to the respective religious rites and what not. And it comes with accountability and liability.

By the way what are the Do's and donts of the believe in the inexistence of God. Ever belief surely has a set of rules like any others.

(February 16, 2012 at 10:20 am)Phil Wrote:
(February 16, 2012 at 10:05 am)Koklanas Wrote:

No, it looked like you were trying to weasel out of answering what the reason is. Answer the question. Even if you want to include the categories I dismissed (since the punished person must be alive), there is no reason for punishment of anyone after death except for the amusement of a vicious god.

What gets punished is the soul not the pysical, Once you die, your soul leaves your physical body for good. The physical body will rot.
(February 16, 2012 at 10:25 am)Koklanas Wrote: I imagine athiests are different since only athiests do not believe in supreme being. since every other religion...

And you may stop right there: Atheism is not a religion, it is precisely the lack of belief in god or gods, hence no dogma, no rituals, nothing, except for any atheist tastes in life.

Get this on your head, atheism isn't a religion.
(February 16, 2012 at 10:25 am)Koklanas Wrote: What gets punished is the soul not the pysical, Once you die, your soul leaves your physical body for good. The physical body will rot.

That wasn't what I asked and now I am positive you are a fucking poe and had no intention of answering my question. Go fuck yourself, I'm through with you.
(February 16, 2012 at 10:25 am)Koklanas Wrote: I imagine athiests are different since only athiests do not believe in supreme being. since every other religion typically have rules and regulation when it comes to sexuality. ie having to undergo Marriage according to the respective religious rites and what not. And it comes with accountability and liability.

By the way what are the Do's and donts of the believe in the inexistence of God. Ever belief surely has a set of rules like any others.

Why should a belief have a set of rules attached to it? I believe that there may be life in the oceans of Europa. That's my belief, there are no rules attached to it?

You seem to think that atheists are just like theists only they follow this religion called atheism. That's very wrong!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm sorry, Hamza Tzortzis , and Zakir Naik. WinterHold 24 5168 December 30, 2017 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Hamza Yusuf - Why is he so unpopular? darkshadower1 6 2983 May 30, 2017 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Hamza Tzortis now teacing at Medina University ReptilianPeon 4 1371 February 11, 2016 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Hamza encouraging littering ReptilianPeon 0 851 October 13, 2015 at 6:12 pm
  Complete 180 by Hamza: no 'scientific miracles' in the Quran ReptilianPeon 2 1779 October 3, 2015 at 2:21 pm
  Dan Barker (atheist) vs Hamza Tzortzis (muslim) WesOlsen 9 6562 December 27, 2013 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: WesOlsen