Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 12:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Buddhism
RE: Thoughts on Buddhism
You never shut up-and yet, you never say anything.

That can be your koan.
Trying to update my sig ...
I wish I had a koan
to keep the spirit flow'in
and magically articulate
the wisdom that I'm know'in

But the atheist is blind
with a barricaded mind
that can only see the falsity
of a science God enshrined

To know thyself from deep within
will be an art that's finally lost
humanity will lose their soul
as their spirit pays the cost
Christian - A moron who believes that an all-benevolent God can simultaneously be a hateful jealous male-chauvinistic pig.
Wiccan - The epitome of cerebral evolution having mastered the magical powers of the universe and is in eternal harmony with the mind of God.
Atheist - An ill-defined term that means something different to everyone who uses it.
~~~~~
Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Clearly Jesus (a fictitious character or otherwise) will forgive people if they merely know not what they do
For the Bible Tells us so!
They probably have readings at your nearest new age supplier. I'm sure that would be a hit.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 13, 2012 at 12:03 pm)Abracadabra Wrote: I wish I had a koan
to keep the spirit flow'in
and magically articulate
the wisdom that I'm know'in

But the atheist is blind
with a barricaded mind
that can only see the falsity
of a science God enshrined

To know thyself from deep within
will be an art that's finally lost
humanity will lose their soul
as their spirit pays the cost

Hey this is aweome! Where'd you get it? From the dumpster?? LOL

Haha, only joshin, but this shit got me really high, happy valentines day fooolzzzzz. And this valentine goes out in memory of an american sweetheart...

such a beautiful voice......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvPYXHM94...detailpage
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Buddha FSM Grin

Sad wreck of a someone with great potential. Sadder still is the fact that Bobby Brown is still alive.
I grew up with that music
Discipline in buddhist practice is vital, which is the most difficult aspect for me to follow. For all the buddha knowledge I have attained, what good is it if I can't apply it. I meditated today, which is good, but sometimes I have to realize that the true masters are dedicated to their practices much more diligently. I struggle with self control and apathy everyday, but I sincerely believe if I dedicate myself more earnestly to Buddha's powerful teachings, I can be a better person who can live a better life. I am a fool in so many ways, but inspiration and "faith" in his wisdom can purify my selfishness. I have to just sit with him more often. Buddha loves unconditionally it seems. If I could be even a dim reflection of him, it would be an improvement. Peace to all for now.
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Buddha FSM Grin

(February 13, 2012 at 12:06 am)Abracadabra Wrote:
(February 12, 2012 at 11:45 pm)Epimethean Wrote: I just want to kick the buddha in the balls and tell him to take his buddies, jesus, mohammed and moses and get the fuck out of the stultification vector.

I find it amazing that people so love to hate each other.

And all in the name of spirituality. Even if the people in question are atheists.

I mean, I can understand hatred and mud being slung at the Abrahamic religions. Especially Christianity and Islam. Since those two religions spread so much hatred in the name of their Gods toward others.
Even the original religion of Judaism doesn't seem to be founded nearly on as much hatred as Islam and Christianity.
But what did Buddhism ever do to people to make them hate it so much?

Atheists seem to think that it's cool to just put down anyone who has the slightest spiritual beliefs anymore. It's becoming a fad where atheists do this as a standard knee-jerk reaction to anything that's even remotely spiritual.

It's truly unbelievable.

Believing in a secular world is one thing.

But if that belief is going to cause people to have absolutely no respect for anyone who doesn't also support an atheistic view of reality then what has it become?

It has itself become a "religion", or worse yet a cult, just like the Abrahamic religions that renounce anyone who refuses to climb on board as being a 'worthless heathen' unworthy of respect.

It's truly unbelievable how ignorant humans become in matters of spirituality, whether it be a belief in spirituality, or the rejection of those beliefs.

Hatred seems to be a core trait of the human condition I guess.

It's pretty sad.

But then again, what should we expect from a planet filled with spoiled half-evolved apes?

I guess it's just the reality of the situation.
I agree that it is a pity that disagreements should "deteriorate" into "mud slinging", using foul language in many cases. But that is human nature? Indeed it is - as we can see from many of the discussions.
You are seemingly mistaken on the issue of Abrahamic religions that renounce anyone who refuses to climb on board as being a 'worthless heathen' unworthy of respect. From my perspective as a Christian, that is 180 degrees from what the Bible teaches. (See i.e parable good Samaritan). To suggest that one should judge others because you are "better than them" is directly opposed to the Bible as there is nothing that we did not receive and hence have nothing to boast about or feel superior (1Co 4:7 For who makes you to differ? And what do you have that you did not receive? And if you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive? )
The Christian perspective is exactly this : Thankful that God in his mercy, and not because of my "goodness (superiority?)" looked kindly upon me and saved me as I am no better than anyone else.
Fuck off
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Carn, your religion has taught people more about fear and loathing than nearly any other, so, simply because you are too brainwashed to get the point doesn't give you any moral height from which to hand down your astonishment.

Mote, eye, you know the drill.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird facts about Buddhism no one talks about! curiosne 12 3833 November 27, 2017 at 2:48 am
Last Post: chorlton
  Buddhism! SisterAgatha 25 4556 November 20, 2017 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: curiosne
  Another reason Buddhism doesn't get a pass. Brian37 141 21060 May 20, 2016 at 8:27 am
Last Post: EuphoricAtheist
Question Is Atheism a religion as say...Theravada Buddhism? KichigaiNeko 18 13362 February 19, 2010 at 3:24 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko