Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 11, 2024, 1:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Methodist in Your Midst
RE: A Methodist in Your Midst
(March 26, 2012 at 6:41 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: So it would seem Phil. A marvellous expression of autonomic functioning. Mindless, unthinking and uncaring.... perfect "slave" material wouldn't you think?

[Christian mode] But the bible says there is neither slave nor free, so I am not a slave[/Christian mode]

[Phil mode]It also says there is neither male nor female making sex pointless. What's your point christotard?[/Phil mode]
Hehe

Thing is Phil...dear lil "Christian" won't be able to answer as "he has to check with his pastor"...good little slave that he is. Hehe
I can't for the life of me understand why any one would WANT to enslave themselves to any religion especially the abrahamic ones!

Make no sense whatsoever ..
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
fr0d0 Wrote:Then either they were wrong or you misunderstood. Faith is in fact essential. Faith should be demonstrable by its product but the product alone is meaningless. There is only one route to salvation in what is widely regarded as Christianity and that route is via Jesus.

Maybe this was just the one pastor's opinion, or I am very open to the fact that I misinterpreted or misremember the doctrine. After all, it was twenty years ago, and it was too fucking early on my weekend so I was constantly nodding off. It was also boring as hell. Maybe if they had spiced it up with some fireworks or something I would be able to recall what they said more clearly.Thinking
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
He is the same pastor that preached that the "errors" and "contradictions" in the bible were deliberately put there - to be deciphered only by true Christians.
And Christian is the same guy who asked me how come scientist knew that the Australopithecus' name was Lucy.

(March 26, 2012 at 4:57 pm)Forsaken Wrote: He is the same pastor that preached that the "errors" and "contradictions" in the bible were deliberately put there - to be deciphered only by true Christians.
And Christian is the same guy who asked me how come scientist knew that the Australopithecus' name was Lucy.

Wow. I'm speechless.
(March 26, 2012 at 4:57 pm)Forsaken Wrote: He is the same pastor that preached that the "errors" and "contradictions" in the bible were deliberately put there - to be deciphered only by true Christians.

Jawdrop I,..I, this "pastor" is horrible!! And this is "the learned man" ? More likely more uneducated than Christian by the sounds.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
For some reason I'm put in mind of the execrable YouTube Kent-Hovind-wannabe VenomFangX, who went on record as saying that all those distant galaxies at the extreme ends of the Universe - basically all the pesky stuff further than 6,000 lightyears away - were all put there by God so that one day astronomers would have something pretty to look at. This pastor's not related by any chance?

Regardless, if this is an example of how learned this 'authority' is, I look forward to seeing some of what he says posted here.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Lt. Kaffee, Lt. Kendrick, Lt. Ross A Few Good Men

Lieutenant, was Dawson given a rating of Below Average on this last fitness report because you learned held been sneaking food to Private Barnes?

Not so fast.

Lieutenant?

Corporal Dawson was found to be Below Average because he committed a crime.

What crime did he commit?

Lieutenant Kendrick?

Dawson brought a hungry guy some food. What crime did he commit?

He disobeyed an order.

And because he did, because he exercised his own set of values, because he made a decision about the welfare of a marine
that was in conflict with an order of yours, he was punished, is that right?

Corporal Dawson disobeyed an order.

Yeah, but it wasn't a real order, was it? After all, it's peacetime. He wasn't being asked to secure a hill...or advance on a beachhead.
I mean, surely a marine of Dawson's intelligence can be trusted to determine on his own, which are the really important orders,
and which orders might, say, be morally questionable?

Lt. Kendrick?

Can he? Can Corporal Dawson determine on his own which orders he's gonna follow?

No, he can not.

A lesson he learned after the Curtis Barnes incident, am I right?

I would think so.

You know so, don't you, Lieutenant.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

And He is the same Pastor who has a Degree in Theology. His credentials speak for themselves.

Here's something for him to work on: http://1001errors.com/
(March 27, 2012 at 3:50 am)Christian Wrote:

And He is the same Pastor who has a Degree in Theology. His credentials speak for themselves.

Where, might I ask, is this illustrious degree from?
Religion is not the answer-it is the problem. Everything considered, we would be better off without it.~Baubles of Blasphemy~Edwin F. Kagin

"Much better to have the ability to think critically, than the ability to quote scripture. One says you have a functioning mind. The other says you're a parrot." -- The Secular Buddhist