Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 10:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Again....But it's never the guns!
RE: Again....But it's never the guns!
If I EVER saw a snake that big in my yard I'd probably pass out.
"I want my guns" Yea, keep using that as excuse to do nothing. Again, this is nothing but crap just like the car companies bitching about Nader's bitching. Being pro seat belt is not being anti car. Having speed limits is also not anti car.

I am sorry but you cannot tell me that a Bushmaster is not an assault riffle. It is bullshit to say it is not. What's next, the atom bomb was merely a grenade? WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK? You could kill a person with a standard rifle or a mere revolver, so? Still a pathetic attempt to justify doing nothing out of your own selfishness and fear.

YOU may personally be responsible, but gun deaths in America are an epidemic and to cry fear and sell fear to avoid doing something about it wont wash. I really hope this event finally causes something pragmatic and affective to be done.
(December 17, 2012 at 2:33 pm)Great Ape Wrote: If I EVER saw a snake that big in my yard I'd probably pass out.

I'd take a picture and let it go. The snakes here aren't dangerous at all anyway, minor detail.
(December 17, 2012 at 2:33 pm)Great Ape Wrote: If I EVER saw a snake that big in my yard I'd probably pass out.

Yeah, he was huge. Notice that's a full-size pickup, not a Ranger or S-10.

He's a belt, a hatband & most of a pair of boots now.

(December 17, 2012 at 2:39 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I am sorry but you cannot tell me that a Bushmaster is not an assault riffle. It is bullshit to say it is not.

Actually, I can & will say that as I actually own a Bushmaster Carbon-15 & know that it is mechanically no different than any other .223 caliber hunting rifle.

Now, it's your turn. What defines an "assault" rifle?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(December 17, 2012 at 2:39 pm)Brian37 Wrote: "I want my guns" Yea, keep using that as excuse to do nothing. Again, this is nothing but crap just like the car companies bitching about Nader's bitching. Being pro seat belt is not being anti car. Having speed limits is also not anti car.

I am sorry but you cannot tell me that a Bushmaster is not an assault riffle. It is bullshit to say it is not. What's next, the atom bomb was merely a grenade? WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK? You could kill a person with a standard rifle or a mere revolver, so? Still a pathetic attempt to justify doing nothing out of your own selfishness and fear.

YOU may personally be responsible, but gun deaths in America are an epidemic and to cry fear and sell fear to avoid doing something about it wont wash. I really hope this event finally causes something pragmatic and affective to be done.

The reason why I am not opposed to strickt gun control as in so many other cases on which a base my opinion - is because of facts!

If the statistics would show that availability of firearms increases the number of homicides I would be against it.

But they dont!!!

I posted the statistics proving that in a other thread and will repost it here.

No amount of whining helps, reality is reality.

the repost:

(December 17, 2012 at 2:40 pm)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote:

I'd take a picture and let it go. The snakes here aren't dangerous at all anyway, minor detail.

Normally, I'd do the same thing, but it had nowhere to go due to the flooding & I don't have the equipment to move a 6' venomous snake.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Meh. Grandma would have taken care of that with a garden hoe. (The snake that is) Which by the way, looks like what happened to that one.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Maryland has one of the largest gun violence rates in the US. It also has some of the staunchest gun regulations in the country.

The guns are all stolen or illegally sold. There is absolutely nothing anyone can do to get these guns off the streets unless the gun is confiscated after an arrest or warrented search. They are untraceable.

There is a reason this place is called Bulletmore, Murderland.
(December 17, 2012 at 2:51 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Meh. Grandma would have taken care of that with a garden hoe. (The snake that is) Which by the way, looks like what happened to that one.

Shot it in the head, finished off with a shovel. I don't get within "hoe-length" of venomous snakes that big. I know how far they can strike & he was already good & pissed off.
(December 17, 2012 at 2:54 pm)Great Ape Wrote: Maryland has one of the largest gun violence rates in the US. It also has some of the staunchest gun regulations in the country.

The guns are all stolen or illegally sold. There is absolutely nothing anyone can do to get these guns off the streets. They are untraceable.

There is a reason this place is called Bulletmore, Murderland.

Yep!

The biggest contributer to violence is poverty and ethnical conflict

and one doesn`t have to be a sociologist to figure out, that poverty is probably the main reason for crime in the western world.

Take their guns, ans thei`ll steal others.

France has some of the stricktest gun regulations in the world. Jet Marseile has almoust as brutal gang violence and shoot outs as some central American places.

Poverty is the thing that should be fought! Because the statistics clearly show!

Social and political action should be determined by facts and not by someones wet dreams!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did guns or vaccines save more lives in 2021? FlatAssembler 94 8207 January 27, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  No More Guns Foxaèr 75 5635 August 1, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 2369 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1945 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 8801 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1296 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 10438 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bringing out the big guns. onlinebiker 24 1802 August 17, 2020 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Do ( D )s sell more guns than ( R )s? onlinebiker 170 13627 February 22, 2019 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  My view regarding guns in the USA as a foreigner. Macoleco 41 3002 March 12, 2018 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd