Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 8:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blind faith and evolution
RE: Blind faith and evolution
(August 14, 2013 at 12:06 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: Is anyone keeping score of how many times enrico has been proved wrong yet?

Eh, you got to be joking!
Every day i have to add a bead to the rosary of desperation when i read some of the comment in this forum.
Some people are really smart but other are really dumb and these dumb people keep on bubbling in their own ignorance.
Now the old saying.........IF YOU KEEP QUITE YOU MUST AGREE.
So if you guys do not say anything when these dumb people bubble then you are also guilty and therefore not very honest.
Now you tell me where you proved me wrong.
In the meantime i will tell you about some of the bubbling that i came across recently.
1) Telling me that human being evolved 100 thousand years ago when it is known that homo herectus was here 1 million years ago.
2) the capgrass syndrome bullshit.
3) 30 years doing yoga and not even known the meaning of yoga.
4) Taking from wiki facts as real when in reality wiki in that particular case took from media and media took information from corrupted police.
5) Talking about philosophy and not even know the real meaning of philosophy and here i do not mean just LOVE FOR KNOWLEDGE but where philosophy suppose to lead you.
C'on CleanshavenJesus tell me the meaning of "love for knowledge" so we can continue the conversation.Smile
(August 16, 2013 at 10:16 am)enrico Wrote: 1) Telling me that human being evolved 100 thousand years ago when it is known that homo herectus was here 1 million years ago.

I don't know how long ago humans evolved or how long ago homo herectus was around. But thats irrelevant. Unless i am misunderstanding the point you are trying to make, you do realise that evolution isn't a consistent thing. Animals don't evolve at the same rate all the time. I guess i'm just not understanding the point you are making
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Rico, you've received so many arsekickings even I can feel it from here. Just about the only thing you've said that we can probably all agree on is that bit about dumb people bubbling in their own ignorance, but I'm guessing you won't understand why.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 16, 2013 at 11:03 am)Stimbo Wrote: Rico, you've received so many arsekickings even I can feel it from here. Just about the only thing you've said that we can probably all agree on is that bit about dumb people bubbling in their own ignorance, but I'm guessing you won't understand why.

His arse is unrecognisable after all the beatings it's had.

Naturally, stretching is the answer.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
It'll take a bigger man than me to do that.

Wait, that didn't come out right...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 16, 2013 at 10:16 am)enrico Wrote: 1) Telling me that human being evolved 100 thousand years ago when it is known that homo herectus was here 1 million years ago.

Do you honestly expect me to believe a homo has maintained an erection for a million years?! That dude is not human!
(August 14, 2013 at 12:06 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: Is anyone keeping score of how many times enrico has been proved wrong yet?

I can't count to zero.

Humans are Homo Sapiens. Homo Erectus was not human.
(August 16, 2013 at 2:01 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Humans are Homo Sapiens. Homo Erectus was not human.

Is that what he thought? Jesus Christ!
I thought he was arguing (badly) that evolution couldn't work that fast or something like that.
If this is true, if he doesn't know the name of his own species.... I shudder at the implications
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(August 16, 2013 at 2:45 pm)Rationalman Wrote:
(August 16, 2013 at 2:01 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Humans are Homo Sapiens. Homo Erectus was not human.

Is that what he thought? Jesus Christ!
I thought he was arguing (badly) that evolution couldn't work that fast or something like that.
If this is true, if he doesn't know the name of his own species.... I shudder at the implications

Honestly, I have no idea what his point was. His posts are largely incoherent.

You have to learn how to type correctly. It makes having conversations with you extremely difficult. I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but it is true that homo sapiens (according to archaeologists) existed at least 195,000 years ago. And it is true that homo erectus existed over a million years ago. So what are you asking?

Quote:2) the capgrass syndrome bullshit.

What about it?

Quote:3) 30 years doing yoga and not even known the meaning of yoga.

...what?

Quote:4) Taking from wiki facts as real when in reality wiki in that particular case took from media and media took information from corrupted police.

......what?

Quote:5) Talking about philosophy and not even know the real meaning of philosophy and here i do not mean just LOVE FOR KNOWLEDGE but where philosophy suppose to lead you.

What. are. you. talking. about.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plato's Epistemology: Is Faith a Valid Way to Know? vulcanlogician 10 1484 July 2, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Symbolic Death and My Second Crisis of Faith InquiringMind 13 2739 September 21, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: InquiringMind
  Faith and achievement bennyboy 76 8613 August 17, 2016 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Faith in Science? Mudhammam 15 3345 October 30, 2014 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest
  Our society values blind optimism. MusicLovingAtheist 27 5815 October 22, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Is Evolution a science or a faith? Harris 295 66307 August 18, 2014 at 2:21 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  My Loss of faith has caused severe depression Aran 31 7247 June 21, 2013 at 2:41 am
Last Post: whatever76
  The difference between ethical atheism and nihlism is that ethical atheists have more faith jstrodel 104 37417 March 15, 2013 at 8:37 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Please stop equating 'belief' and 'faith' Ryft 3 1985 January 4, 2011 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Faith in Humanity Violet 21 15974 March 17, 2010 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Violet