Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution and Islam
RE: Evolution and Islam
Please inform me of what materials you live without, which I have?

Lets See the list:
Computers/Electronics
Internet/Phone Access
Vehicle
House
Furniture
Food
Entertainment
Books
Electricity
Water
Clothing

Please inform me of what materials you live without on that list? Since, I am suppose to be a materials person as an atheist.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(December 3, 2013 at 11:59 pm)Sleepy Wrote: That verse is addressing humanity. Not one
person. That's clear.

Atheists have jumped in the backpack of theists and when theists reached high ground they jumped out and set up a small camp.

I know you have a lot of questions being put to you on this thread and you're obviously busy answering them all but I have to ask this,

In what way is this verse clear in anyway?

Are you suggesting that if a scientist declared he had made a breakthrough discovery before charles darwin or any other mention of evolution, and gathered other scientists around to peer review his work and he said to them
Quote:God created you in diverse stages

This would have been a clear indication of the first mention of evolution?

I typed this verse into google along with embryology and guess what I found?

Quote:In the age where Quran was revealed, with the description of human creation expressed in very accurate terms that fit with the modern rules of science, and with the confirmation that the creation and development of embryo are fulfilled on stages, as Allah says;

( مَّا لَكُمْ لَا تَرْجُونَ لِلَّهِ وَقَارًا .وَقَدْ خَلَقَكُمْ أَطْوَارًا )( نوح)

“What is the matter with you, that ye are not conscious of Allah’s majesty,- Seeing that it is He that has created you in diverse stages" (71: 13-14)

Apparently this verse is miraculously describing embryology and evolution

It's such an obviously vague verse that other muslims believe that it's also about embryology, you could probably say it's about other things too if you put your mind to it.

I can't prove it isn't about evolution or embryology or both but one thing I can say is that it isn't an obvious verse about any one specific thing, evolution of species via natural selection and mutation, and stages of development in the embryo are two vastly different things.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

It really could mean growth from baby to adulthood. Developmental stages.

Anyway, it's very ridiculous to claim that anything less than a clearly articulated paper on a theory is actually the beginning of a theory. If you read early science papers proposing various theories (and there were a lot proposing what we now think are pretty ridiculous theories), they have a clear idea of what they're talking about, they describe what they will find if their theory is true. It usually consists of several pages, not one extremely vague sentence.

And the key of evolution is, I would argue, natural selection. The discovery of the mechanism is where the true genius of Darwin lies. Even during Darwin's time people were breeding animals and observing changes but no one made the connection. So even if the qur'an did mean changes in the evolutionary sense, it made 0 contribution to the actual theory.
(December 3, 2013 at 12:14 pm)Nineteen Wrote: I dont need to prove anything , I just say my opinion according to what I have read so far . Everyone can easly reach this kind of articles on internet . Persistently you're trying to change my ideas , why dont you try to get used to different ideas .

I'm more than willing to learn more about your position, could you please provide some links that explain your objections? The trouble with looking it up myself is that I could easily come across arguments you don't agree with and then trying to counter an opinion you don't have
(December 3, 2013 at 6:41 pm)Beccs Wrote: I have irrefutable evidence that Islam is a false religion and that Allah isn't real.

I won't post that evidence, though, you'll have to look it up yourself.

Sorry, Nineteen. THat's not how the real world works.

I could claim I'm the God-Empress of the Cosmos and not have to provide evidence if reality worked that way. Everyone is correct at laughing at me if I truly made such a claim.

Respect . I'm sure you have and this does not bother me , I'm confident about my religion . Thanks .

(December 4, 2013 at 12:29 pm)Nineteen Wrote:
(December 3, 2013 at 6:41 pm)Beccs Wrote: I have irrefutable evidence that Islam is a false religion and that Allah isn't real.

I won't post that evidence, though, you'll have to look it up yourself.

Sorry, Nineteen. THat's not how the real world works.

I could claim I'm the God-Empress of the Cosmos and not have to provide evidence if reality worked that way. Everyone is correct at laughing at me if I truly made such a claim.

Respect . I'm sure you have and this does not bother me , I'm confident about my religion . Thanks .

I haven't been able to find any evidence that evolution was firstly an islamic idea, can you give me a clue what you're talking about?

I was on an islamic forum a while back and I remember a Muslim telling me about evolution coming from some part of islam and it was something to do with trees turning into animals then animals turning into people , it was nothing to do with evolution though.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(December 4, 2013 at 6:39 am)Optimistic Mysanthrope Wrote: I'm more than willing to learn more about your position, could you please provide some links that explain your objections? The trouble with looking it up myself is that I could easily come across arguments you don't agree with and then trying to counter an opinion you don't have

Believe me I wont share any link , you cant imagine what a stubborn I'm . I swear on my family I wont share any link even if you kill me . If you want to learn , you will learn to be objective and you will research with a neutral mindset . I have discussed here about the Quran verses and again I didnt share any link . You will research , I'm not going to put it in your eyes .

(December 4, 2013 at 12:36 pm)Nineteen Wrote:
(December 4, 2013 at 6:39 am)Optimistic Mysanthrope Wrote: I'm more than willing to learn more about your position, could you please provide some links that explain your objections? The trouble with looking it up myself is that I could easily come across arguments you don't agree with and then trying to counter an opinion you don't have

Believe me I wont share any link , you cant imagine what a stubborn I'm . I swear on my family I wont share any link even if you kill me . If you want to learn , you will learn to be objective and you will research with a neutral mindset . I have discussed here about the Quran verses and again I didnt share any link . You will research , I'm not going to put it in your eyes .
If you won't provide anything to back up what you say, then why are you even bothering to argue. That which is presented without evidence is dismiss without evidence.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(December 4, 2013 at 12:36 pm)Nineteen Wrote: Believe me I wont share any link , you cant imagine what a stubborn I'm . I swear on my family I wont share any link even if you kill me . If you want to learn , you will learn to be objective and you will research with a neutral mindset . I have discussed here about the Quran verses and again I didnt share any link . You will research , I'm not going to put it in your eyes .
When I was a kid, my dad told me "there's a right way to do things and there are many wrong ways".
This path that you're taking... is a wrong way to go about if you want to make us understand your point of view.
You flaunt this evidence, but yet to provide it. If the evidence is so overwhelming, it would convert many here. Please provide some form of evidence or clue to the evidence. Think of yourself guiding us!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection]: Anthropomorphism and God in Islam WinterHold 15 1680 June 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8045 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 1020 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Islam; my faith; and other faiths WinterHold 77 11724 April 30, 2017 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Islam and Women Lebneni Murtad 48 8518 March 6, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Question about Near Death Experiences and Islam? arda101 11 4147 January 23, 2017 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Islam is hostile, but there is also lots of bias from muslims and bigotry aswell Rolandson 7 2517 January 22, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Charlie Hebdo journalist sees a problem with Islam and Mohammed mralstoner 5 1390 October 22, 2016 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  The West's Response to Islam and violence...... Brian37 16 3281 May 18, 2016 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: dom.donald
  Islam and its History and Impact of Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) yukapuka 161 19853 January 12, 2016 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon