Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 5:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists, George Zimmerman and the burden of proof
RE: Atheists, George Zimmerman and the burden of proof
(February 7, 2014 at 7:22 am)là bạn điên Wrote: Ryantology seems to think that my stating that it is true that young black men are the most criminally minded of the combinations of age, sex and color is 'racist' as it labels black people. It also labels young people and male people.

If we assume 5 age groups Children, 14-24 yea olds (adolscents and young adults) 25-50 year olds (full adults) ,50-69 adults (older middle aged) and 70+ (the elderly), two sexes and for our purposes 5 Ethnic groups White, Black, Latino, Asian and 'Other' we get 50 combinations from Asian boys through White coeds , Latino men, Black middle aged women and 'Other' elderly gentlemen.

Of those 50 combinations the most prone to crime especially violent ,on average, will be 14-24 year old black males and then other 14-24 year old males.

Its just a fact which can be explained by many factors of which I have listed a number. It says NOTHING about how many young black men are criminal.

If I was to list professional basketball players then the shortest would probably be Ivory Latta who is 5'6. IS that me saying she is short? Hardly. its actually taller than average but merely by saying she is the shortage of a group according to Ryantology I am definitely calling her short.

Then I think Ryantology probably realities this and is selectively quoting to try and whip up hysteria as RACEBAITERS generally do.

How did you determine that the black 14-24 age group was more prone than the other races?
[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
(February 7, 2014 at 9:34 am)EvolutionKills Wrote: How did you determine that the black 14-24 age group was more prone than the other races?

The US department of justice figures for crime as broken down by ethnicity.
Some may call them junk, I call them treasures.
(February 7, 2014 at 3:30 pm)là bạn điên Wrote:
(February 7, 2014 at 9:34 am)EvolutionKills Wrote: How did you determine that the black 14-24 age group was more prone than the other races?

The US department of justice figures for crime as broken down by ethnicity.

Citation needed.

Looking at the NCVS for 2006, they don't even have a 14-24 category; that cuts across two separate demographic categories for that year. I rather doubt their methods have changed that much for whatever year he's citing. A minor note, the NCVS doesn't track fatal victimizations, i.e. murders, and the FBI's UCR tends to lump Hispanic offenders in with white or caucasian offenders, so it's not even clear what criminal activity he's referring to.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Rasetsu. if that comment was directed at me don't bother. I have long since had you on ignore.
(February 7, 2014 at 4:44 pm)là bạn điên Wrote: Rasetsu. if that comment was directed at me don't bother. I have long since had you on ignore.

Ask me if I care. Go ahead. Ask me.

She is correct tho. If you are going to use statistics, please post links. So everyone can follow.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(February 7, 2014 at 5:17 pm)Dragonetti Wrote: She is correct tho. If you are going to use statistics, please post links. So everyone can follow.

Draogonetti I have no idea what she wrote because I don't read her posts because she is so personally abusive - and that is in the context of this site where people can be very abusive added to whit she appears to be quite bonkers so any discussion is ultimately fruitless.

translation: "I can't link to them because I pulled those figures out of my ass"

Zimmerman was probably guilty of murdering Trayvon Martin. However, everyone (especially African-Americans) should celebrate the fact that lack of evidence translates into an innocent verdict even when society wants that person lynched.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Zimmerman wasn't even white. The media just spinned the case way out of proportion to fit with America's national obsession with race.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  George Conway Minimalist 0 249 November 22, 2018 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  George Carlin - The Only Prophet Who Made Accurate Predictions Minimalist 14 2126 December 24, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  George Bush and Ronald Regan debate immigration 1980 CapnAwesome 0 740 January 7, 2016 at 1:44 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Zimmerman's Girlfriend Asks Judge To Drop Charges A Theist 6 2172 December 10, 2013 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  George Zimmerman continues to flaunt the fact that he got away with murder Ryantology 28 5296 November 20, 2013 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Zimmerman verdict: Not Guilty. TaraJo 431 145693 September 22, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  George Zimmerman: Weak Prosecution wolf39us 15 4031 July 8, 2013 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Martin and Zimmerman - A reasoned logical discussion Puddleglum 27 11074 September 12, 2012 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Puddleglum
  George Washington named Britan's Greatest Ever Foe Handprint 24 9224 April 20, 2012 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Perhaps Zimmerman Wasn't So Bad Minimalist 18 6018 April 4, 2012 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: mediamogul