Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 12:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is evolution hiding?
RE: Why is evolution hiding?
(March 26, 2014 at 7:57 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Yes but the bacteria doesn't become something totally different but stronger Bacteria.

[Image: 8.jpg]

Here is the color spectrum: can you tell me the exact place on it that green becomes blue?

Evolution is like that: the changes are too small and too subtle to ever pick a spot in a single generation where one thing suddenly becomes another thing. All you can see is the slight variations adding up over time, until we get something too different to honestly call the same thing as the organism it came from.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 27, 2014 at 12:15 am)Vegamo Wrote: Thunder you are beyond annoying.

Process of evolution is happening all around us but at a very very very slow pace. I'm talking millions of years of mutation and adaptation.

Look up the history of dogs and how humans sped up the process by inducing and controlling what mates with what.

Gorillas aren't getting smarter because they are stronger and more equipped to survive without tools, thus they won't likely change unless we change their habitat and wait 25 million years to see how they evolved.

Again whenever evolution runs across your head you have to think of how big of a number is a million or 10 million years and how much a specie can change after a very long amount of time.

Even humans changed in 5000 years, only 5000 years!!

Yes and as I've said many times which people seem to ignore is that I'm not saying your idea of evolution is false. You throw out a number like 10 million years.

Okay theoretically bacteria could turn into a fish and turn into an amphibian, and a reptile, a rodent, a mammal, and you.

If not in 10 million perhaps 10 billion. However, it's still a theory. No one knows that a billion or trillion or infinite amount of years can cause that much mutation. It is theory. That is a scientific fact that it is theory.

A big indicator is when people do what you do and throw out shots in the dark like one million ten million billions...etc.
(March 27, 2014 at 8:02 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote:
(March 27, 2014 at 12:15 am)Vegamo Wrote: Thunder you are beyond annoying.

Process of evolution is happening all around us but at a very very very slow pace. I'm talking millions of years of mutation and adaptation.

Look up the history of dogs and how humans sped up the process by inducing and controlling what mates with what.

Gorillas aren't getting smarter because they are stronger and more equipped to survive without tools, thus they won't likely change unless we change their habitat and wait 25 million years to see how they evolved.

Again whenever evolution runs across your head you have to think of how big of a number is a million or 10 million years and how much a specie can change after a very long amount of time.

Even humans changed in 5000 years, only 5000 years!!

Yes and as I've said many times which people seem to ignore is that I'm not saying your idea of evolution is false. You throw out a number like 10 million years.

Okay theoretically bacteria could turn into a fish and turn into an amphibian, and a reptile, a rodent, a mammal, and you.

If not in 10 million perhaps 10 billion. However, it's still a theory. No one knows that a billion or trillion or infinite amount of years can cause that much mutation. It is theory. That is a scientific fact that it is theory.

A big indicator is when people do what you do and throw out shots in the dark like one million ten million billions...etc.

You fail on extraordinary level. Earth formed 4.54 billion years ago.
What fucking 10 billion years are you talking about?
And besides hominids from which humans branched off lived about 6 million years ago. Which is far far away from billions.
Honest scientists have become weary and embarrassed at the confusing, convoluted and contradictory claptrap that often passes as science. So whether it's evolution or some other theory that has missing links I'm not too quick to swallow everything science says. If it's something that can be subject to scientific testing by credenced scientific method than I will listen, despite that having repeatedly mislead people as well.

So, when Science throws out a theory that scientists are not in agreement about, and a theory where they estimate happened over a period of millions of years, i'm sorry, there's nothing wise in putting all my ducks in that basket and propogating it as fact.
Evolution is a fact.
10 billion was a way of saying there's no prooof that an infinite amount of time will cause a single cell oraganism to become a human. It is theory. It is a fact that it is theory. Correct theory it may be, but still a theory. THat is truth.
Did I tell you that DNA alone proves that all life on earth has a common ancestor? What is it you don't understand about it? You can talk about origins of life on earth but that all life here has one common ancestor is a fact.
Were I a firm believer in this theory I'd not be wise rushing to protect Darwin rather than putting him to rigorous tests.
All tests were already done. DNA proves common ancestor for all life from bacteria to humans. Evolution is a fact.
DNA could also indicate a common designer as well. You stating that DNA proves your statement to be fact shows how likely you are to not thoroughly examine what you're about to say to make sure it can be proven fact before saying it.

Similarity (“homology”) is not an absolute indication of common ancestry. That is a fact!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is God hiding? or are our eyes too inferior? WinterHold 49 5415 February 10, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Objectivist
  Why is god hiding? tor 146 14816 March 28, 2014 at 4:32 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Why, why, why? Little Rik 39 11825 June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Little Rik