Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 6:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOD IS NOT DEAD
RE: GOD IS NOT DEAD
(April 14, 2014 at 8:22 pm)Polaris Wrote: I don't think they'd respect the opinion of a theist in regards to theist movie suggestions.

Literally the first thing I asked him, fully aware that he's a theist, is what it was he liked about the movie. I think that's a pretty standard question for someone willing to consider the opinion of a theist; the fact that not a one of you guys has responded with a single notable point about the film speaks volumes.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Revelation777 Wrote:I am pro-science but not when others assert their views to make theories as if they are facts.

I have to laugh when any believer of any religion anywhere in the world says this. Are believers capable of accepting science? Yes, but only up and until science points away from their myth and invisible sky parent.

If you accept that there is no such theory as "Thor theory of lightening" or "Ra theory of the sun" or "Allah based gravity" then saying you are pro science is fucking hollow to me, as much as when they do it, because science does not favor any religion or god claim.

If you think you are the only person with a sky parent claim who has ever tried to argue that science matches their book or god claim, you are a fool. I have run into Muslims and Jews, all sorts of sects of Christians, and even recently a Hindu.

Our species has been around for half a million years. If evolution, or any damned science required human concocted fairy tales to understand, only one religion would exist and only one religion would be universal.

Computers, cars, medicine, telescopes, cell phones, were all a result of scientific method. Our understanding of entropy and galaxies or atoms do not require one to be a Buddhist, or Scientologist, or Hindu, anymore that it would require one to believe in Poseidon to understand how a hurricane forms.

I am sorry someone sold you an invisible sky parent story. I am sorry that you buy a book written in antiquity and scientific ignorance. Do not blame us for your baggage or blame us for something we had no hand in writing.

You may accept some science, but you do not like it when it points away from your personal fantasy.
(April 14, 2014 at 7:07 pm)Beccs Wrote: So you won't believe me when I tell you about Cyril the Space Wombat?

Sad

I have video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bK_sD8nmEI

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 15, 2014 at 12:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
Revelation777 Wrote:I am pro-science but not when others assert their views to make theories as if they are facts.

I have to laugh when any believer of any religion anywhere in the world says this. Are believers capable of accepting science? Yes, but only up and until science points away from their myth and invisible sky parent.

If you accept that there is no such theory as "Thor theory of lightening" or "Ra theory of the sun" or "Allah based gravity" then saying you are pro science is fucking hollow to me, as much as when they do it, because science does not favor any religion or god claim.

If you think you are the only person with a sky parent claim who has ever tried to argue that science matches their book or god claim, you are a fool. I have run into Muslims and Jews, all sorts of sects of Christians, and even recently a Hindu.

Our species has been around for half a million years. If evolution, or any damned science required human concocted fairy tales to understand, only one religion would exist and only one religion would be universal.

Computers, cars, medicine, telescopes, cell phones, were all a result of scientific method. Our understanding of entropy and galaxies or atoms do not require one to be a Buddhist, or Scientologist, or Hindu, anymore that it would require one to believe in Poseidon to understand how a hurricane forms.

I am sorry someone sold you an invisible sky parent story. I am sorry that you buy a book written in antiquity and scientific ignorance. Do not blame us for your baggage or blame us for something we had no hand in writing.

You may accept some science, but you do not like it when it points away from your personal fantasy.

Since the Tower of Babel, God is not impressed with man's accomplishments.

(April 14, 2014 at 7:05 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(April 14, 2014 at 7:01 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: I was hoping you go see it because I can't adequately describe it.

As I said, I've read detailed descriptions of every argument presented; surely it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to point to your favorites so we can see how well they actually stand up?

Quote:Hope people learn that there is a God.

Remember, knowledge is demonstrated, not just asserted!

Also, I will note the rich, bitter irony of the fact that you apparently have no problems with science books changing the moment they start changing toward positions you already agree with.

I hope you are doing well today.
(April 15, 2014 at 2:52 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(April 14, 2014 at 7:07 pm)Beccs Wrote: So you won't believe me when I tell you about Cyril the Space Wombat?

Sad

I have video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bK_sD8nmEI

Proof of Cyril!
Dying to live, living to die.
This is getting ridiculous now. Rev, give up and go home, or stay around and say something worthwhile. The same bullshit over and over again is extremely frustrating.
(April 16, 2014 at 3:06 am)DarkHorse Wrote: This is getting ridiculous now. Rev, give up and go home, or stay around and say something worthwhile. The same bullshit over and over again is extremely frustrating.

How does one end a thread?
If I showed you by example, I would merely not be responding at all.
(April 16, 2014 at 8:30 am)whateverist Wrote: If I showed you by example, I would merely not be responding at all.

I get it. Big Grin
I just wanted to add a little more ( i was in a huge rush when i started this thread ) In the last debate The student goes on with his diatribe then turns to Kevin and says "I want to know why you hate God" and keeps at poor Kevin, who finally yells Out "That's right I hate God," The kid pauses for effect then says in a calm voice "How can you hate something you don't believe in? Kevin knows he is beaten. The students are supposed to be the jury and they have the deciding vote if God is dead. One by one the students get up and say "God Is not dead. I saw that ending coming a mile off it was so obvious
Parts of this film are very funny it is so poorly written some of you might like it for that reason.
manowar