Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 8:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An unorthodox belief in God.
RE: An unorthodox belief in God.
Uh-oh, I think I broke him...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgZ5e0iPjS66iuH5X9qpS...3xZ0obB6Xo]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 8, 2014 at 8:48 pm)mickiel Wrote: god did not make the human body perfect, he wanted it to age, deteriate and to die.
[emphasis is mine]
According to the buy-bull you were spouting from earlier, yes it did. Perfection was the goal, until A&E committed "original sin" and fucked it up.

Have you even read that fucking book?

(June 8, 2014 at 8:48 pm)mickiel Wrote: Finding fault in creation, does not cancel out a creator
Maybe not, but it sure casts some serious doubt. Especially when the creator is supposed to be perfect.

(June 8, 2014 at 8:48 pm)mickiel Wrote: god knew what he was doing
No it didn't. It even admitted it when it admitted regret and decided to destroy it's own creation (flood myth).

(June 8, 2014 at 8:48 pm)mickiel Wrote: I am not special
Oh, but you are. There's eve a short bus for you to ride.

(June 8, 2014 at 8:48 pm)mickiel Wrote: I just am not atheist, atheism has no future, nor does Christianity.
Nor do your beliefs. In fact, on a long enough time scale it's pretty grim for everything!

(June 8, 2014 at 8:56 pm)mickiel Wrote: Our future is greater than atheism and theism, and neither group can understand that correctly in my view.

As I've said before, get your eyes checked.

(June 8, 2014 at 9:31 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Uh-oh, I think I broke him...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgZ5e0iPjS66iuH5X9qpS...3xZ0obB6Xo]

Damn! I was looking forward to laughing at his lame answers, if he ever answered.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Aww.. if you don't actually address people, and continually refuse to engage in meaningful discussion (i.e. redefining terms, ignoring requests to stop making bare assertions, and being intentionally obtuse), then you are a troll. And trolls gonna troll...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Me sowwy Sad... Look, I'll buy you all a new one. A better one, that actually works. And I promise not to be so heavy-handed with it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I'm sure there'll be another one along any minute.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
An unorthodox belief in God.
Probably named Josip, or Markis.
Or Revelation7777.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I is disappoint!

Stimbo! its not your fault! We seemed to get the saddest group of newbies thusfar, lately.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(June 8, 2014 at 12:31 pm)mickiel Wrote:
(June 7, 2014 at 11:28 pm)Zidneya Wrote: mickiel
Religious Views: Non religious, believes in God
[Image: expulsion-onion-head-emoticon.gif]
I've got news for you pal. If you believe in God you are religious. That definition applies to all believers independently if they are part of a institutionalized theological system or not.
I disagree, I am not religious.
That's odd because your make very religious statements.
(June 6, 2014 at 9:26 am)mickiel Wrote: My beliefs mean nothing to you, but are of value to me. There is evidence that cats have 90% of our genes, cows 80%, a mouse 75%, and chickens and fruitflys 60%. In my view, that is evidence that a creator used the same ingredients in many of his creations.
Creationism is a very prominent trait of religious people. Tell me I'm wrong.
(June 8, 2014 at 12:31 pm)mickiel Wrote: I follow politics at times, have some interest in it, but I am not political.

The very foundation of politics is that people care and interest in politics. So at the hour of vote they do it consciously. You are misinterpretating or twisting a civic action with a political. I think you should say:
I follow politics at times, have some interest in it, but I am not partisan.
(June 8, 2014 at 12:31 pm)mickiel Wrote: I like women, but I am not a womanizer.
Womanizer isn't defined by the gender of the person you like. When you tell people you like women you an't describing your relationship conduct you are telling them your sexual orientation. A womanizer its a promiscuous person that priorities sexual encounters with women to satisfy HIS desires. Liking and pursuing aren't two different things. Most womanizers are even cataloged as misogynists.
(June 8, 2014 at 12:31 pm)mickiel Wrote: I like veggies but I am not a vegetarian.
This is your most flawed statement so far.
[Image: pointing-onion-head-emoticon.gif]
Vegetarians most crucial concern ain't about their taste of veggies. People choose to adopt vegetarianism because they either concern or refuse to eat animal products. What? You think that a vegetarian only eats veggies(which it's pretty dumb because vegetarianism not only covers the consumption of veggies but also fruits, cereals, legumes, spices and many other foods) because they really love their taste? I really, Really REALLY like cheeses more than any other foods however that doesn't mean thats the only thing I'm gonna eat.
(June 8, 2014 at 12:31 pm)mickiel Wrote: I got news for you; you cannot label or define me; I define myself.
And it would be okay if you actually do it.
Non religious, believes in God?
What kind of definition is that? You think that you are the first person that thinks has a more personal and individual relationship with their deity? Because no you aren't. And just because you have this definition of yourself it doesn't mean it is the accurate one. Many evil people considered themselves good and said that all their evil acts were a service to mankind. Pal if you have any problem with the category of religious that's your problem however you can't tell me that and expect me to believe this.
(June 8, 2014 at 12:31 pm)mickiel Wrote: I disagree, I am not religious , I have absolutely nothing to do with religion.
Yeah…..right
[Image: bird-onion-head-emoticon.gif]
No offense but you are lying. If you don't want to have anything to do with religion.
(June 7, 2014 at 7:10 pm)mickiel Wrote: I am giving real biblical characters and events in our history, and the professional archaeology that confirms it.
Why defend the bible? Is that your definition of nothing to do with religion?
(June 8, 2014 at 9:25 pm)mickiel Wrote: Obviously you consider my answers and views as trolling; so I am done. You threaten me as trolling, and have not explained how I am trolling;

I don't like being accused of being a troll and threatened.

You can have your forum if all you want is people who agree with you.

Peace.

You are on an atheist forum.

You have explained nothing. You have presented no evidence.

Assertion after assertion does not count as evidence or indeed an explanation. You have proclaimed time after time about proofs of a god, which in reality is only your interpretation of the world around you. This does not constitute as evidence in any definition of the word. Scientists will not be using your testimony to make predictions about anything in the natural universe. Why should anyone take you seriously?

All anyone here has asked is for you to back up what you're saying. I don't think this is some crazy request. You're coming to a place where the vast majority of people hold an opposing viewpoint. The least you can do, especially if you are here to preach, is to back up what you are saying. You have not done so, and you can assert that you have multiple times, but it doesn't make it so.

It is clear you are not here for anything other than a pedestal to preach your bullshit. You obviously do not care about our views. You do not care about our standards for evidence. You care only for your own opinions and nobody else's. We've had near to 40 pages of people asking you to present some tangible evidence for anything you claim. So far there is none. You have presented only "this is a proof" or "it's obvious".

We are not unwelcoming of theists. We have many theist members and have had (and do have) people on the staff team who are theists. Your assertion that we are only interested in people who think the same is yet again, just that. A baseless assertion. The difference between other theists and yourself however seems to be that they will engage in a two way conversation. They will respond to people's requests. You simply avoid them.

If you are here to share your views, that's fine. But don't get all surprised when your standards of evidence for those views are lower than everyone else on this forum. If you don't like that, then yeah, you probably shouldn't be here. If you are surprised that people are vitriolic when you display your stupidity, again, maybe this isn't the best place for you to share your whacked out views.

Oh and nobody has threatened you. Just more evidence of how insane your view of reality is if you think anyone here has threatened you.

I hope you are sincere, and you do actually decide to fuck off and never come here again. I for one would be glad to see the back of you and I make no apologies for it.

Bye.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual Satisfaction Correlated with Religious Belief Neo-Scholastic 38 3565 September 10, 2022 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Niblo
  Belief in white Jesus linked to racism Foxaèr 91 6928 January 1, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Do you think Scientology sells anyone on its belief? Sweden83 19 1842 December 25, 2020 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  The Dunning-Kruger Effect and Religious Belief AFTT47 18 4278 March 11, 2019 at 7:19 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  When is a Religious Belief Delusional? Neo-Scholastic 266 27767 September 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Bare minimum for belief in Christianity. ignoramus 37 7817 May 10, 2018 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  "How God got started", how god belief + basic reason + writing -> modern humans? Whateverist 26 6816 October 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Knowledge, belief, and honesty. Mystic 29 3877 March 19, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  How to become a God, in 3 simple steps (absent faith/belief): ProgrammingGodJordan 91 15236 November 28, 2016 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  Do people hate the actual belief in God, or just the religious organizations? goombah111 101 26175 November 14, 2016 at 4:19 am
Last Post: goombah111