Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am God
RE: I am God
What does this mean though? Quran 2:210 هل ينظرون إلا أن يأتيهم الله في ظلل من الغمام والملائكة
"Do they await but that Allah should come to them in covers of clouds and the angels"

Finally, a separate question is what is your view of anthropomorphic features of Allah mentioned in Quran: hands, feet, fingers, eyes, shin, and capability to sit on a chair/throne?

In 3:169, who is Lord?
(July 11, 2014 at 12:47 am)logicalreason Wrote: What does this mean though? Quran 2:210 هل ينظرون إلا أن يأتيهم الله في ظلل من الغمام والملائكة
"Do they await but that Allah should come to them in covers of clouds and the angels"
. . .
In 3:169, who is Lord?

Main Premise: "None is equal to Allah" (112.4), matter, idea and concept etc. (refer here and here)

As I said, I don't know and I don't need to know. . .
I'm a Muslim Atheism. . and I don't believe in things that cannot be proven through reason or self discovery etc. . .
In fact, I don't even believe in Allah, because my belief about Allah is not the truth.
My standing is only concerning with provable matter from "a Book", the Quran (real evidence).

. . .

(July 11, 2014 at 12:47 am)logicalreason Wrote: Finally, a separate question is what is your view of anthropomorphic features of Allah mentioned in Quran: hands, feet, fingers, eyes, shin, and capability to sit on a chair/throne?

What verse ? It is not in the Quran but people used the hadith to corrupt the translation etc.

and the reason why there is the allegorical in the Quran (refer here and here)
I am sooooooooooooooo lost right now!
Fuck, I can understand Dharmic theology but this right here makes no goddamn sense at all. Please somebody pick up to speed with how on earth Allah is "I" and stuff because I see a lot of posting but no reasoning
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]
(June 23, 2014 at 10:33 pm)Muslim Atheism Wrote: Say: He, Allah, is One. (112.1)

And rely upon Allah ; and sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.
Allah has not made for a man two hearts in his interior.
(33.3-4)

(July 10, 2014 at 11:36 pm)Muslim Atheism Wrote: For indeed, it is not eyes that are blinded
but blinded are the hearts which are within the breasts.
Metatheism questions the meaning of "exist" by both theists and atheists when they say God or Allah or the Toothfairy "exists" or does not exist.

What is your definition of exist?

The Quran is physical "evidence" I agree. You can touch it, pick it up, see it, hear it if you turn the pages, and even smell it if you put rose pedals in it.

If someone asks you by What evidence do you believe in Allah (translated as The God in english), you say by this Book and this Revelation (of Quran).
(July 11, 2014 at 4:29 am)logicalreason Wrote: Metatheism questions the meaning of "exist" by both theists and atheists when they say God or Allah or the Toothfairy "exists" or does not exist.

What is your definition of exist?

If someone asks you by What evidence do you believe in Allah (translated as The God in english), you say by this Book and this Revelation (of Quran).

You just repeat the question I have clearly answered.

Do you mind explain which part you did not understand from the answer I've given above ?

Below is my position of "No God".

Quote:The first pillar is rejecting shirk and affirming Tawheed in its true sense. Allah is oneness and unique, no duality of matter and concept, real and ideal. The understanding of Allah is infinitely higher and none knows what is Allah, none can explain or equal. Accordingly, Allah is not a God because any attempt to describe Allah as God will fall short or even hoax.

Secondly, none knows the nature of revelations and the Quran is the recitation of the Messenger. The Quran is the actual hadith and from this understanding, the words to obey Allah and His Messenger means to obey the commands in the Quran, nothing else. This what Muslim Atheism is all about and it is based on provable evidence; ie. the Quran. The practical ethical code of Muslim Atheism is nothing more than digging into the Quran to discover a justly balanced life according to the Sunnatullah.

Thirdly, it is about spirituality and dissolving the Primary God of Self and Ego. The Shahada call upon us to get rid the Primary God and the External God, ie. the Secondary God. Accordingly, Muslim Atheism is about the true nature of Atheism and the discovery of no god (لَا إِلٰهَ). It is evidence based practices and the psychological evolution from the egoic consciousness (duality) to self consciousness (unity). It is not referring to conventional Atheism because atheistic ideas are the product of the same fundamental egoic consciousness that otherwise produces theistic or conventional religious ideas.

Secondly, existence is about human beings or matter, the "duality" of human understanding, ie. exist vs. non existence. . . Allah does not need to exists, nor for non existence since Allah is Oneness and Absolute.
My problems are the following:

1. The beginning of the phrase لَا إِلٰهَ and the end "but Allah" both use the same root. But in your description you say that ilah = God and al-llah = Allah. But in reality ilah and alllah are both from the same root word. I contend your avoidance of the word "the God" as the translation of the word al-llah.

2. You have not addressed my questions of the following verses: 55:27, 96:14, 20:39, 54:14, 68:42, 39:67, 48:10, 18:27, 78:145, 69:17, 57:4.

3. What is your view of the Qur'an descriptions of afterlife or Paradise?

4. Is the word "Lord"/"Master" (rabb) ilah or al-llah?

5. Words such as alhamdulillah, is this reference to ilah or al-llah and how do you know the difference (is it Will of God or Will of Allah)?

See this: http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp
(July 11, 2014 at 10:39 am)logicalreason Wrote: My problems are the following:

1. The beginning of the phrase لَا إِلٰهَ and the end "but Allah" both use the same root. But in your description you say that ilah = God and al-llah = Allah. But in reality ilah and alllah are both from the same root word. I contend your avoidance of the word "the God" as the translation of the word al-llah.

4. Is the word "Lord"/"Master" (rabb) ilah or al-llah?

5. Words such as alhamdulillah, is this reference to ilah or al-llah and how do you know the difference (is it Will of God or Will of Allah)?

Allah is Allah, Ilah is Ilah. . . for example, how do people translate this?

إِلَٰهُكُمُ اللَّهُ
(20.98)

your God is God?

and whereas Allah say

Quote: an Arabic Qur'an
without any deviance
(39:28)

this Qur'an is [in] a clear Arabic language (Quraish dialect or beyond , not today's Arabic)
(16:103)

In a clear Arabic language
(26:195)

So. . it is about translation issue and from different arabic languages.

Quote:The First Dilemma: While the language of the Qur’an remained untouched, its words and terms were made to lose the splendor they so beautifully conveyed in the original, revealed Arabic Mubeen. So much so, that the Qur’anic terms were dressed up with the erroneous philosophies prevalent in the once Zoroastrian culture of Persia, and they became widely accepted even among the Arabs! This staggering tragedy explains why, how and where, even the Arabic speaking people lose their touch with the Qur’an! The Book describes this staggering tragedy very clearly.

. . .

Now The Third Dilemma: The later generations of translators and commentators have uncritically followed the men of old and this tendency has been consistently taking its noxious toll. They have been thinking of the Ajami Arabic as the known Language of the Qur’an. By Ajami Arabic I mean applying the Zoro-Persian or any alien concepts to the Arabic words and terms of the Qur’an.

. . .

(July 11, 2014 at 10:39 am)logicalreason Wrote: 2. You have not addressed my questions of the following verses: 55:27, 96:14, 20:39, 54:14, 68:42, 39:67, 48:10, 18:27, 78:145, 69:17, 57:4.

I have addressed this issue. It is the allegorical and the nonsense.

(July 11, 2014 at 1:03 am)Muslim Atheism Wrote: and the reason why there is the allegorical in the Quran (refer here and here)

The allegorical and the nonsense are for the hypocrites and disbelievers. . .
Muslim and Believers have no doubt and does not create doubt
They don't speak nonsense or live in illusion. . they adhere themselves to the "Deen", now. . . present.
Believers are those who have mastered their sense perception and they are an expert in every fields. (refer here)

. . .

(July 11, 2014 at 10:39 am)logicalreason Wrote: 3. What is your view of the Qur'an descriptions of afterlife or Paradise?

Similarly, I have addressed this issue. This is the allegorical, and I merely stated "according to the Quran".

(July 11, 2014 at 12:39 am)Muslim Atheism Wrote: According to the Quran, the right and left groups will live, eat and died. .
Then they will sleep until everything is over. .
until the heaven and the earth (planets and the whole universe) becomes one again

They will say, "O woe to us! Who has raised us up from our sleeping place?"
[The reply will be], "This is what the Most Merciful had promised, and the messengers told the truth."

The forerunners, they are not dead, but they live forever. . . and receiving provisions. . .
but no one knows how they are alive. . . and receiving provision.

And never think of those who have been killed in the cause of Allah as dead
Rather, they are alive with their Lord
receiving provision

And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger (= the Quran)
those will be with the ones upon whom Allah has bestowed favor of the prophets
the steadfast affirmers of truth
the martyrs
and the righteous
And excellent are those as companions.

This cannot be proven and according to the Quran, I can believe, or I can absolutely ignore. .and it will not jeopardize me as a Muslim.

(June 18, 2014 at 11:26 am)Muslim Atheism Wrote: Contention: Muslim don’t have to believe in Allah, Paradise, Angels, and all the allegorical issue that need further interpretation

Read together with verses 3.7 and 5.101.

This is the minimum requirement and it is the “interpretation provision” of a Muslim and a Believer.

Secondly, there is no "my point of view" because no one can prove this. For me it is within the "nonsense" category.
Okay, many things may be allegorical. But I am still stuck on the Arabic words and their roots. See this:

http://corpus.quran.com/qurandictionary.jsp?q=Alh

for all occurrences of أ ل ه

This verse clearly says Allah is God:

وهو الذي في السماء إله وفي الأرض إله وهو الحكيم العليم

"And it is Allah who is [the only] deity in the heaven, and on the earth [the only] deity. And He is the Wise, the Knowing."

Yusuf Ali even translates this as "Allah" even though it doesn't say Allah in the Arabic, but ilah.

"It is He Who is Allah in heaven and Allah on earth; and He is full of Wisdom and Knowledge."
(July 11, 2014 at 11:59 am)logicalreason Wrote: for all occurrences of أ ل ه

I have given you the ayat to show the inconsistency of treating the word Allah as Ilah, the premises that the Quran have no diversion in its language, including the proof that today's arabic is not the true language of the Quran. . . Do you know anyone who still speak the Quraish Dialect? I don't think so.

And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people (Quraish dialect, not Ajami Arabic)

(July 11, 2014 at 11:59 am)logicalreason Wrote: This verse clearly says Allah is God:

Yes, because human being only understand "God", and not "Allah" on its own. . no one can.
Therefore, the reference to "God" in the Quran must be subjected to the "interpretation provision" for the meaning of Allah in the Quran, ie. Chapter 112. . .

Oneness, no other existence other than Him , Absolute, no interior, no exterior, no center. . .not beget or begotten, none shares his attributes , and He is not from anything . . and none is equal, matter, idea and concept. There is nothing here say Allah is a God.

Similarly, we have the Interpretation Act, or Interpretation Provision to define words in the act etc. That is the logical structure or framework of the Quran, with general rules and logical principles, exceptions, illustrations, rules of fallacy and even to the extent of the IF THEN ELSE statements etc. . .much like the statutory law, where each verse will not be inconsistent with other premises from the Quran. . .

example. . .IF THEN ELSE statements.

(June 17, 2014 at 2:08 pm)Muslim Atheism Wrote: IF, THEN, ELSE statement from wording of the verse itself.

AND
IF you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, (conditions)
THEN marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. (exceptions)
BUT IF you fear that you will not be just, (conditions)
THEN [marry only] ONE or those your right hand possesses. (reinstatement of the general rule of one wife in 33.50, "ONE WIFE")
[ELSE] That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice].
[END IF]
(4.3)

(June 18, 2014 at 11:18 am)Muslim Atheism Wrote: The IF, THEN, ELSE statement from the wording of the verse itself.

Quote: And

[IF] you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant

[THEN] produce a surah the like thereof
and call upon your witnesses other than Allah ,
if you should be truthful.

[BUT IF] you do not
and you will never be able to
[THEN] fear the Fire, whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for . . .

[ELSE] the disbelievers.

[END IF]
2.23-24

* blue is mine

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 20310 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie