Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 10:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism is unreasonable
RE: Atheism is unreasonable
I'm sure he wants to know everything he can learn about his gods creation.
(whats the alternative...to be stubbornly unappreciative?)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
....It's like he's completely ignored every answer that's been given in this thread, and i just repeating the same things over and over.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(November 19, 2014 at 3:52 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Cut the bio-babble and tell me when has the reptile-bird change ever been observed? I mean, it isn't as if there is a thousand differences between the two. Please tell me how that could have ever occured, sir.

Explain this creature.

Lizard head, long lizard tale, teeth, feathers....

Where does this fit in your worldview?

[Image: 140555869__470777c.jpg]

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(November 19, 2014 at 3:59 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: So a lion and cheetah don't look alike?? They aren't the same kind of animal?...and organisms don't tend to look like the same organism that begat them?

Look, dude.

Read the link I provided in connection with dinosaurs and birds. You were the one asking for this. You're talking out of your ass for pages, repeating your "kind" bullshit over and over without understanding the first thing about real science.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 19, 2014 at 3:59 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(November 19, 2014 at 12:28 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: And that's it? Nothing else?

So a lion and cheetah don't look alike?? They aren't the same kind of animal?...and organisms don't tend to look like the same organism that begat them?

A lion and a cheata are big cats. they are not the same species of animal do not call them kinds please. Yes they can breed to make ligers. you have a orgasm it changes due to evolution after awhile organism a and organism b can change so much that they can no longer breed offspring. Cats and Dogs are at the point were they can create many different breeds and types of species of animals, with some need artificial insemination. The current types of animals even humans have some genes of our common ancestor. we have genes in our dna that do not work such as a tail and hair because we are a costumed with fire and keeping warm as far a tail goes we no longer need one.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(November 19, 2014 at 3:59 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: So a lion and cheetah don't look alike?? They aren't the same kind of animal?...and organisms don't tend to look like the same organism that begat them?

Like this, you mean?

[Image: url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAUQjBw&...4648255688]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Thought we've already been here? Stick bugs and leaf bugs are plantkind, and fly orchids are bugkind. Just like and african wild dog...is a dog.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Here's one for His_Majesty to ponder...

What "KIND" is this animal?

This is a thylocine.

[Image: Thylacine.jpg]

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(November 19, 2014 at 4:48 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Here's one for His_Majesty to ponder...

What "KIND" is this animal?

This is a thylacine.

[Image: Thylacine.jpg]

It's kind of extinct so HM will probably use that as an excuse. He's good at ignoring facts and moving the goalposts.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 19, 2014 at 3:52 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Cut the bio-babble and tell me when has the reptile-bird change ever been observed? I mean, it isn't as if there is a thousand differences between the two. Please tell me how that could have ever occured, sir.

You do this every time. Whenever you reach a scientific finding that you can't respond to, you just... don't. You call it babble, as though your inability to understand it must mean it's completely meaningless. It's just another symptom of the sheer arrogance with which you conduct yourself, that the possibility that you might not understand something because of some failure of knowledge on your part doesn't even cross your mind. Dodgy

Incidentally, you're also ignoring every one of my rebuttals that's relevant to this question, like the dishonest, slimy little conman you are; live observation isn't required in science, deductions based upon evidence is enough, but you continue fellating Ken Ham's "observational science" crap as though it's actually applicable. The reptile to bird transition is more than accounted for in the fossil record, morphology and gene sequencing, the former of which is actually where those many transitions between the two are found. Your sole response to all of those is "doesn't count!"

You position is entirely intellectually bankrupt and hypocritical. You selectively cherry pick when you want to apply even your own criteria, you dismiss whatever science you can't answer (all of it), and you provide no evidence of your own.

For the last time: What is the mechanism that prevents small genetic changes over generations from accumulating to the point where species change would occur, and can you demonstrate this? Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The balance of an unreasonable lifestyle Castle 91 14841 September 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: frankiej