Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 6:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psalm 137:9
RE: Psalm 137:9
[Image: latest?cb=20140823011729]
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(September 23, 2017 at 9:28 pm)Succubus Wrote: The stupidity of these characters is breathtaking. How do they manage to eat without poking their eyes out with the cutlery.

If we're talking stupidity, I'll give you a good example from atheists not knowing the proper use of the word except...

(March 11, 2016 at 2:40 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:

Now you guys see why I'm always quoting the dictionary?

You guys are so desperate to find the slightest mistake, that you're oblivious to your own.

Kevin attributed words to my post that I never said, when I point out that fact, all of the sudden I'm backpedaling?

Dodgy
The pettiest person on the planet.

Just lying in wait for an opportunity, no matter how remotely related, to quote some shit that happened 18 months ago...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Damn skippy
(September 22, 2017 at 6:06 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: There are planets that have a layer of liquid water in their atmosphere.

There's no credible evidence that suggests that this planet had such a layer.

Of course, there's no credible evidence for your god, but baby steps.

We do have a layer of liquid water.
Its called the sea.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 24, 2017 at 9:15 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(September 22, 2017 at 6:06 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: There are planets that have a layer of liquid water in their atmosphere.

There's no credible evidence that suggests that this planet had such a layer.

Of course, there's no credible evidence for your god, but baby steps.

We do have a layer of liquid water.
Its called the sea.

Yeah, but the sea isn't considered part of our atmosphere.
(September 23, 2017 at 11:48 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(September 23, 2017 at 9:28 pm)Succubus Wrote: The stupidity of these characters is breathtaking. How do they manage to eat without poking their eyes out with the cutlery.

If we're talking stupidity, I'll give you a good example from atheists not knowing the proper use of the word except...

(March 11, 2016 at 2:40 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:

Now you guys see why I'm always quoting the dictionary?

You guys are so desperate to find the slightest mistake, that you're oblivious to your own.

Kevin attributed words to my post that I never said, when I point out that fact, all of the sudden I'm backpedaling?

Dodgy

Count down to Rhythm and the bees, lol.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Huggy, if you meant water vapor, you would’ve pointed that out from the start. You only shifted to water vapor after several others and myself pointed out how idiotic that was. It has nothing to do with the dictionary, but rather communication (which, coincidentally, is what my degree is in). Knowing you, and how desperate you are for a gotcha, you wouldn’t have let the thread go an extra several pages if that’s actually what you meant from the outset.

So, yeah, you’re backpedaling. Like you always do. It’s predictable at this point.
(September 24, 2017 at 8:05 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Huggy, if you meant water vapor, you would’ve pointed that out from the start.  You only shifted to water vapor after several others and myself pointed out how idiotic that was.  It has nothing to do with the dictionary, but rather communication (which, coincidentally, is what my degree is in).  Knowing you, and how desperate you are for a gotcha, you wouldn’t have let the thread go an extra several pages if that’s actually what you meant from the outset.

So, yeah, you’re backpedaling.  Like you always do.  It’s predictable at this point.

The Bible doesn't specify so why would I? So you think I'm just supposed to add in details that aren't stated? I'm not saying the water wasn't liquid, and I'm not saying it is, I clearly said I don't know what state the water was in.

(September 24, 2017 at 8:05 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: You only shifted to water vapor after several others and myself pointed out how idiotic that was.

This is a lie, Chad was the first to bring up 'liquid' water, and I clearly stated that liquid was not the only form water can take.

(September 21, 2017 at 1:12 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(September 21, 2017 at 12:05 pm)Chad32 Wrote: How would there be light penetration at all, if there was a layer of water between the earth, and the sun? Oh wait, they thought the sun was a little ball of fire that traveled in the atmosphere between the land, and the supposed layer of water. You see the problem with believing there was liquid water up in orbit?

Water can take forms other than liquid...

This was BEFORE you said anything, yet you insist I was speaking of liquid.

So no, it's not backpedaling, you cant back pedal from a position you never held... and the fact that you have to put words in my mouth in order to try to win an argument speaks of desperation.

On a side note I see LFC is continuing her usual trend of biasedness.
I'm a Christian but I don't believe morality changes. Clearly, it is wrong and always will be to kill a child.