Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 7:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
Minimalist, I thank you for this thread. I've been sharing these news stories on another site to pro gun nuts, and all one had to say to the fact more people died in America to guns in September than people in Iraq was, "Some of them were terrorist related, so it varies." What even the fuck?
I think the trouble  with guns on teachers would be teachers shooting kids (but more likely themselves..intentionally or un-intentionally, and other adults) - rather than teens overpowering them and taking the firearms.  Generally speaking, it's the people with the guns that do the majority of the shooting.

Bit like dropping your kids off at a daycare where all the staff are strapped /w sidearms.  The odds don't get better, they get worse..and it aint because the kids are hoodlums.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 7, 2015 at 11:38 pm)Ayen Wrote: Minimalist, I thank you for this thread. I've been sharing these news stories on another site to pro gun nuts, and all one had to say to the fact more people died in America to guns in September than people in Iraq was, "Some of them were terrorist related, so it varies." What even the fuck?

Don't expect rationality from ammosexuals, dear.
Here's another martyr for Gun Nut Nation.

http://www.keprtv.com/news/crime-and-jus...71592.html

Quote:Police: Oregon man accidentially shoots, kills son in hunting accident

Quote:UMATILLA COUNTY, Ore. -- An Oregon man is dead after police say his father accidentally shot him, mistaking him for a deer Wednesday when the two were out hunting near Meacham, according to the Umatilla County Sheriff's deputies.

If you cannot tell the difference between a man and a deer you should not be hunting in the first place.  In the second place, leave the fucking deer alone.
(October 7, 2015 at 11:47 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I think the trouble  with guns on teachers would be teachers shooting kids (but more likely themselves..intentionally or un-intentionally, and other adults) - rather than teens overpowering them and taking the firearms.  Generally speaking, it's the people with the guns that do the majority of the shooting.

Bit like dropping your kids off at a daycare where all the staff are strapped /w sidearms.  The odds don't get better, they get worse..and it aint because the kids are hoodlums.

Perhaps you will enjoy this clip from The Daily Show, last night.  Trevor considers some of the problems.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/trevor-n...-a-zombie/

Scroll down for the video.
Looks like someone is suffering from the Dick Cheney effect.
(October 8, 2015 at 5:13 pm)Ayen Wrote: Looks like someone is suffering from the Dick Cheney effect.

Yes, yes . . . small penis, overdeveloped sense of self-regard.

Oh, wait. You're talking about the deer hunter . . .
[Image: 12115710_438671242991340_117275384845128...e=56988E45]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Too many assholes walking around with guns.

http://www.ksat.com/news/police-man-mist...r-to-death#

Quote:Police: Man mistakes wife for intruder, shoots her to death

Quote:According to police, the man said he was asleep when he heard noises inside his home. He grabbed his shotgun and went into a hallway when he said he heard voices.
Investigators say as the man turned the corner, he fired a single shot at the person he thought was an intruder.
Police said the person was his wife and she died at the scene.

I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell for anyone who believes this story.
Scared with good reason, I'd say.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/fearful-78-...59841.html

Quote:Fearful 78-year-old woman accidentally shoots herself

Quote:A 78-year-old Burlington woman accidentally shot herself Friday after arming herself with a handgun when she became afraid, according to the Racine County Sheriff's Office.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1763 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72589 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 12961 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2405 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist