Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 4:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
A perfect example of someone who should be no where near a gun.
More good news from the court.  At least, they show they can connect the simplest of dots.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/27/politics/g...index.html

Quote:Supreme Court sides against Maine man in gun ownership case

Quote:The Supreme Court ruled Monday against a Maine resident who argued he should not have been stripped of his ability to possess a firearm despite a prior domestic violence charge in state court.
That little bird poop will start the avalanche that will destroy our country!

(I AM the NRA and I endorse this message.)
All we need to do is neuter the 2d Amendment.
Why, it obviously didn't help that guy.  We don't have to do anything to the second amendment to keep guns out of those folks hands.  The time we spend trying to neuter an amendment pays better dividends elsewhere.  I hope that no one is naive enough to think that it;s the 2nd amendment standing between ourselves and a sane gun policy, or that even something as unlikely as a full repeal will, by default, leave those folks with lesser-or-no legal standing to argue their cases.

Pragmatism: it works.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 27, 2016 at 12:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote: All we need to do is neuter the 2d Amendment.

Won't help. If the 2A doesn't suit the gunners they'll ignore it.
I don't agree.  It is the very idea of the 2d Amendment....as interpreted by Scalia and his nazi buddies on the court... which has emboldened gun nuts since 2008.

By overturning Heller we could get back to the idea of "collective ownership" ( the militia concept which is clearly stated in the part of the amendment that the fucking NRA does not like) and not have to listen to ignorant Drumpf supporters say " I gots me a con-sta-too-shun-ell right to carry my gun."
Or refer to the 5th, and then the catch-all 9th.  Gun nuts aren't going to just roll over. Even without the 2nd, they still have their right to a firearm. This shit has to be shut down with those things in place, not by removing them - because doing it that way preempts -any- challenge. It obviously can be, we restrict access and ban guns on a regular basis. For every gun law we see the gun nuts get struck down, dozens stand.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 27, 2016 at 1:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I don't agree.  It is the very idea of the 2d Amendment....as interpreted by Scalia and his nazi buddies on the court... which has emboldened gun nuts since 2008.

By overturning Heller we could get back to the idea of "collective ownership" ( the militia concept which is clearly stated in the part of the amendment that the fucking NRA does not like) and not have to listen to ignorant Drumpf supporters say " I gots me a con-sta-too-shun-ell right to carry my gun."

I meant that we did turn the 2A back the gunners would stop even mentioning it and get a glazed eye look if you do.
The existence of a state militia - whether to fight rebelling slaves or indians - was necessary in 1789 and that is what the 2d Amendment protected.  But state militias were abandoned in the early 20th century and replaced with the National Guard.  The basis for the well-regulated militia clause is directly lifted from the preceding Articles of Confederation (Part VI) which states:

Quote:No vessel of war shall be kept up in time of peace by any State, except such number only, as shall be deemed necessary by the United States in Congress assembled, for the defense of such State, or its trade; nor shall any body of forces be kept up by any State in time of peace, except such number only, as in the judgement of the United States in Congress assembled, shall be deemed requisite to garrison the forts necessary for the defense of such State; but every State shall always keep up a well-regulated and disciplined militia, sufficiently armed and accoutered, and shall provide and constantly have ready for use, in public stores, a due number of filed pieces and tents, and a proper quantity of arms, ammunition and camp equipage.

The delegates to the Constitutional Convention would have been well-aware of the terms of the Articles.  They had been living with them since 1777.  It is very clear that when they use the term "well-regulated militia" they did not mean every shithead with a gun, as the NRA tries to pretend.

But that hardly matters.  People had guns and they were regulated by states and municipalities. What Heller did was tell the District of Columbia that it could not ban guns because of some far-right wet dream.  Generally speaking since then the courts have upheld state regulations on guns, most recently the Connecticut ban on assault weapons.  Will a shithead state like Texas ever reach the point where they get tired of the bloodshed and demand that their local officials do something about gun nuts?  Probably not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1767 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72617 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13026 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist