Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 10:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
Is that the short of shooting where you hit the mexican you were aiming at, rather than some random passersby?  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Targets only. What is done beyond that is up to free will and god's plan I guess.
And the fucking NRA.

Go back through this thread and you'll see lots of gun-range accidents.  Humans are innately careless.  They are no less careless with guns than they are with anything else.  The thing is, if you put your car keys down and a two-year old picks them up the results are rarely as bad as when you do the same thing with your gun.
It;s true, gun safety - over any extended period of time or repeated use, is more an environmental issue than a skill issue.  You will make a mistake, eventually - a malfunction will occur, eventually.  The only way to get through either safely, or as safely as can be expected - is to be in the right place with the right gear when it happens.

I'm willing to bet that this describes a vanishingly small fraction of a percent of gun users and issues. Collectively, some pretty dumb shit is done.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 4, 2017 at 12:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And the fucking NRA.

Go back through this thread and you'll see lots of gun-range accidents.  Humans are innately careless.  They are no less careless with guns than they are with anything else.  The thing is, if you put your car keys down and a two-year old picks them up the results are rarely as bad as when you do the same thing with your gun.

Dumb shit happens when a two year old grabs a bottle of whiskey. Should we ban alcohol?
Yes.  Far more destructive than marijuana.
People are killed with knives. Should we ban those as well?

What about ropes? Many a man's been hung. Shall we ban those?

A dude shot a lion and people blamed the man. A dude shoots anything else and people blame the gun.
(August 4, 2017 at 9:39 pm)Court Jester Wrote: People are killed with knives. Should we ban those as well?

What about ropes? Many a man's been hung. Shall we ban those?

A dude shot a lion and people blamed the man. A dude shoots anything else and people blame the gun.

You know, I've heard these arguments over and over (you forgot my favorite one - "cars kill people, should we ban cars too??" lol ) but they are simply not compelling arguments for making sure that anyone and everyone, including convicted felons and minors under 18, have access to guns, which are an instrument with one and only one purpose - to kill and/ or maim.
You'll have to come up with a better argument than the ones above, I'm afraid. Good luck!

-Teresa
Yes, he's nothing if not redundant.

I'll tell you what.  If you put a knife down on your kitchen counter and it suddenly flies through the wall of the neighboring apartment and kills the tenant I'll agree that those knives should be banned.

You see, guns are designed for one thing.  To fire bullets.  I suppose if you are a true ammosexual you can use one as an ersatz hammer or a really expensive paperweight but for the most part assholes who want guns plan to use them to fire bullets.  I would agree with the statement "guns don't kill people....bullets kill people" but I don't think that helps you much.
But there is no better argument and there shouldn't be.

People drive cars into people and the person is to blame, not the car or the reasons as to why. Snorting coke kills people and the social structure or the person is to blame, not the coke or the circumstances that lead to the addiction. People get stabbed and the person is to blame, not the knife or the reasons that lead up to the situation. Robbin Williams strangled him self and the mental disorder and Robin Williams was to blame, not the rope or the reasons as to why the issue went unchecked to that extent. Planes flew into the World Trade Center and the people were to blame, not the planes or airport security. People die from curable diseases and the insurance companies are to blame, not the over all medical structure that prohibits adequate care for all outside of the insurance companies.

I have more fire arms than most gun shops. I've not used one on another human since the military, barring a minor intruder issue that didn't require a trigger to be pulled. Glad I had it though. I also have a 14 yr old and a 17 yr old that can use them safely and effectively.  

I see the anti gun side, but it's a ridiculously narrow minded view that is out to fix the symptom and never even fathoms the root cause. It's easier to point to a clear symptom and strip people's abilities than dive into the root cause of the issue. Guns are not the root cause of the issue, social issues are. And there's deeper issues to be addressed in everything else I listed above as well. People are just too lazy or simple minded to see or deal with them. Get rid of the legal guns and the problems will still persist in new and exciting was.

(August 4, 2017 at 10:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'll tell you what.  If you put a knife down on your kitchen counter and it suddenly flies through the wall of the neighboring apartment and kills the tenant I'll agree that those knives should be banned.

But fire arms don't just go off on their own. See, simple minded irrational argument man.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1772 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2278 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72650 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13055 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3135 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1178 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist