Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 2:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(October 24, 2017 at 7:57 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: That's not the "militia" definition in the Constitution. Militia were locals who trained together and were supposed to be first responders in case of attacks, insurrections or rebellions. They trained using the King's Regulations drills, hence the "well regulated" bit. Most of them has their own rifles, a prime dinner-getter back then, but some had to borrow one from the state government.

Well, it does state "organized in a paramilitary". Not the same as 200+ years ago, but it's close to keep the word count low for the inter web.

AND Oooooooo..................................... The state government could give out guns today too. That would be utterly spectacular to sit back and watch.... all-be-it from a distance for the smart ones. The idiot population would drop to near nothing over the course of about a week. Those left would far outnumber the idiots that wouldn't dare step out of line. That could be social justice at a governmental level. Short term-low-loss, HUGE long term gain, and wonderful social conditioning at a socially freedom based level.

Can you imagine a social structure devoid of 99.99% of social tax leaches??? That would be one way to solve poverty. Likely not a popular method, but a method non-the-less. Mad Max on the streets of L.A. Box them in an sell drone footage on HBO.

Dreamy.....
(October 24, 2017 at 7:33 pm)Court Jester Wrote: I have to admit; when I hear the word "militia", I immediately think "slack jawed, booger eating, idiot". Though when the Bill of Rights was written, a Militia was seen much differently as what we consider it to be today. 
Nah, that's pretty much how they were seen then as well.  Toss in cowardice and being completely unacquainted with all manner of military discipline. Even worse, their abject failure as soldiers seemed contagious.  Their only use was to soak volleys from professional combatants long enough for the regulars to move into an advantageous position.

I doubt Bubba and his buddies, today, would even be -that- useful.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Though when the Bill of Rights was written, a Militia was seen much differently as what we consider it to be today.

No, it wasn't. 

Quote:
  • To place any dependence upon militia, is, assuredly, resting upon a broken staff. Men just dragged from the tender scenes of domestic life - unaccustomed to the din of arms - totally unacquainted with every kind of military skill, which being followed by a want of confidence in themselves when opposed to troops regularly trained, disciplined, and appointed, superior in knowledge, and superior in arms, makes them timid and ready to fly from their own shadows.
    • Gen. George Washington - Letter to the president of Congress, Heights of Harlem (24 September 1776)
(October 24, 2017 at 4:30 pm)Court Jester. Wrote: I would be far more concerned if Clinton or Sanders was elected. I'm actually completely and totally comfortable with Trump in office.
Then you're an idiot.  No wait, sorry I shouldn't say that.  I should say you're a fucking idiot.  A fucking moron in fact.  As a trump supporter, that's a given though.  You're a brainless piece of shit.  

As a concerned citizen, should I get a bunch of guns, and unload on Trump supporters?  I mean you're fucking destroying this nation.  And apparently guns are the solution to that, right?
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
Yeah - I've long since written this douchebag off.  Anyone who thinks the WLB is anything other than a common criminal is just a total asshole.
(October 24, 2017 at 11:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Though when the Bill of Rights was written, a Militia was seen much differently as what we consider it to be today.

No, it wasn't. 

Quote:
  • To place any dependence upon militia, is, assuredly, resting upon a broken staff. Men just dragged from the tender scenes of domestic life - unaccustomed to the din of arms - totally unacquainted with every kind of military skill, which being followed by a want of confidence in themselves when opposed to troops regularly trained, disciplined, and appointed, superior in knowledge, and superior in arms, makes them timid and ready to fly from their own shadows.
    • Gen. George Washington - Letter to the president of Congress, Heights of Harlem (24 September 1776)

Min, the current "militias" that make the FBI watch lists are radical anti-government groups. My cousins mostly belong to one.
(October 24, 2017 at 11:53 pm)Divinity Wrote:
(October 24, 2017 at 4:30 pm)Court Jester. Wrote: I would be far more concerned if Clinton or Sanders was elected. I'm actually completely and totally comfortable with Trump in office.
Then you're an idiot.  No wait, sorry I shouldn't say that.  I should say you're a fucking idiot.  A fucking moron in fact.  As a trump supporter, that's a given though.  You're a brainless piece of shit.  

As a concerned citizen, should I get a bunch of guns, and unload on Trump supporters?  I mean you're fucking destroying this nation.  And apparently guns are the solution to that, right?

You going to explain how trump has destroyed anything or just make blind accusations?
My guess is that the Trump haters are either mad that they lost or they are afraid of loosing their free government handouts earned on the back of the working class of America. The later likely the case, they couldn't afford the good guns anyway.
(October 25, 2017 at 7:41 am)Court Jester Wrote:
(October 24, 2017 at 11:53 pm)Divinity Wrote: Then you're an idiot.  No wait, sorry I shouldn't say that.  I should say you're a fucking idiot.  A fucking moron in fact.  As a trump supporter, that's a given though.  You're a brainless piece of shit.  

You going to explain how trump has destroyed anything or just make blind accusations?
My guess is that the Trump haters are either mad that they lost or they are afraid of loosing their free government handouts earned on the back of the working class of America. The later likely the case, they couldn't afford the good guns anyway.
Clown.
(October 25, 2017 at 7:52 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(October 25, 2017 at 7:41 am)Court Jester Wrote: You going to explain how trump has destroyed anything or just make blind accusations?
Clown.

Yep. That's about the best argument I figured anyone would be able to muster up
(October 25, 2017 at 8:05 am)Court Jester Wrote:
(October 25, 2017 at 7:52 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Clown.

Yep. That's about the best argument I figured anyone would be able to muster up

It's the best you deserve.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1771 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2278 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72641 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13050 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3135 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1178 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist