Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 9:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(March 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm)rskovride Wrote:
(March 21, 2018 at 6:13 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The Rule of So states that when a sentence referring to another poster begins with "So..." it should be examined closely for a strawman argument.

Yep, you are correct.  Also, saying that my position is to "Sit quietly with folded hands"  is a strawman.

Nope,  you didn't say anything else, so I was inquiring.
(March 21, 2018 at 6:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(March 21, 2018 at 5:28 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: How many people need 17 guns? Does a country need 111,000,000 handguns?

I suspect that total includes guns which are no longer serviceable.  
Most of my total is no longer serviceable, lol.

Quote:Of course, it probably doesn't reflect the numbers of guns that are stolen from L-ARGOs and then replaced.

The irony of someone stealing one of many many non functional firearms has occurred to me...only semi related, I know.   

Related though, to patterns of purchase and ownership..and from that same survey...people now say that they buy guns explicitly for protection against other people when./.in the 90's,,the number one reason was target shooting and hunting....even as violent crime continues to crater over the same time period.  Also, that the number of guns goes up but gun ownership rates are in decline..with men declining to be gun owners more and more and women making gains. Pistols are being marketed to the ladies, hard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(March 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm)rskovride Wrote: Yep, you are correct.  Also, saying that my position is to "Sit quietly with folded hands"  is a strawman.

Nope,  you didn't say anything else, so I was inquiring.

Ok, you win then.   Dodgy

Still, If the number of guns allowed is greater than zero, what difference would it make if the one person had 1 or 140 guns?  Is it because some of his guns might be stolen or lost and wind up in the hands of someone that shouldn't have them?  

^^ This question is not rhetoric.
(March 21, 2018 at 8:08 pm)rskovride Wrote:
(March 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Nope,  you didn't say anything else, so I was inquiring.

Ok, you win then.   Dodgy

Still, If the number of guns allowed is greater than zero, what difference would it make if the one person had 1 or 140 guns?  Is it because some of his guns might be stolen or lost and wind up in the hands of someone that shouldn't have them?  

Depends, is he going to outfit an army?
(March 22, 2018 at 7:20 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(March 21, 2018 at 8:08 pm)rskovride Wrote: Ok, you win then.   Dodgy

Depends, is he going to outfit an army?

He won't If those dam northerners just stay away from his guns.    Big Grin

Yeah, I don't know. So it's about an army huh, or an armed group, militia.
(March 22, 2018 at 7:30 am)rskovride Wrote:
(March 22, 2018 at 7:20 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Depends, is he going to outfit an army?

He won't If those dam northerners just stay away from his guns.    Big Grin

Yeah, I don't know. So it's about an army huh, or an armed group, militia.

One of the Volunteer Ordnance Corps fantasies is to be handing out guns at the Army approaches to try and take them away. One of my cousins has "fortified" his home and built bunkers his property for just such an event. 

More, it's a symptom of a pathology some of them have, the need to die fighting to keep their toys. More guns is better. 

And while there are true collectors out there most collections are just "what's cool this week" from what I've seen. You can always tell an amateur from a professional by the ammo requirements he has.
Quote:people now say that they buy guns explicitly for protection against other people when./.in the 90's,,the number one reason was target shooting and hunting

That suggests to me that people are more honest now than they were in the 90's!
(March 22, 2018 at 11:07 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:people now say that they buy guns explicitly for protection against other people when./.in the 90's,,the number one reason was target shooting and hunting

You'd have to look at what was being bought.
(March 22, 2018 at 11:07 am)Minimalist Wrote:

Not really.  Nobody really buys a gun for protection.  If you're worried about protection you buy a security system.   Or a Dog.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
Gun nuts don't think that way, dear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1765 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72614 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13019 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist