Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 5:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(January 11, 2013 at 9:20 am)A Theist Wrote:
(January 10, 2013 at 10:17 pm)jonb Wrote:

Quote:And all I am hearing is America saying I want I want I want...
...and all I'm seeing is that the left in Britain, (as well with a good deal of the left everywhere including our own nation), is living in a delusional utopia with no sense of the real world they live in...no doubt that your delusional utopia where the world is all beauty and peace and love vs. America, the evil empire, is a creation of your own leftist BBC propaganda...and being spoon fed this anti-America propaganda on a daily basis, there's no other way you see it, that America is the evil super power.

Quote:Look at you own posts, it is as though the only way to stop what you see as wrong is with force and the more force the better,....A love of weaponry to solve problems, seems becoming the core of your culture from the individual to the whole society and government.
...no, you're wrong...I don't see force as the only option to confront all that is wrong...but if I'm confronted with an armed intruder in my home, then I want my options to be better than equal to the intruder (s),...and in the real world, confronting force with force is usually the only option.

Since you hate weaponry and you loathe using force to solve problems, do you think Britain should have an armed military?

BBC is 24/7 propaganda, I was interviewed by a BBC Radio station, a heated conversation. They kept jumping the gun, saying I was against poor people- bullying 101. You can't talk to these people...
Oh and just now on Morning Joe(Joe Scarborough) a right wing advocate for small government told the truth about guns. It is rare I find myself at all ever agreeing with him, but damn, I think he just single handedly and rightfully stuck it to a nasty industry that cares nothing about solving social problems.

He said what many already knew. This is not about gun ownership or the second amendment. This is about the typical scam that any business can concoct and exploit the public with. You set conditions to make society dependent on you, you use fear to keep them dependent on you, then you have a ready made buying base to sell a solution to. It is nothing about guns, but big money and their monopoly on the climate to maintain and expand the market, just like any other big business can do.

The coal industry was very abusive in West Virgina for a long time. The scam was that the mine owner would buy everything in town, the stores, and the housing, and pay the miners in company script creating legalized indentured slavery.

The gun industry is doing the same thing by creating mental slavery. Convince people that the world will end if we regulate guns. If there is less economic instability, and better mental health care, people wont feel the need as much to own a gun. Solving the gun problem is quite simple and will not require any force or fascism to get this epidemic under control.

Spread the word of how the scam works. Do that, people lose their fear.

On basic aspect of product marketing is to appeal to someone's insecurities. This works with makeup, weight loss, car insurance, just about anything one can sell. Gun manufacturing is no different than any other business. Understanding that is nothing more than appeal to vanity and insecurity is the key for the public to counter any big business and put healthy "supply and demand" back into the power of the buyer, and not the seller, where it should be.

The question isn't "Should people be allowed to own guns", the question is, what can we do to create better living conditions. The gun industry does not want to undermine it's own market and more than McDonalds wants to stop selling burgers and fries. However McDonalds is changing, some of it is by regulation, just like the car industry hated Nader, but adapted to his recommendations and now cars are better off because of his insistence of being a dick about it.

The same thing has to be done with the gun industry and the climate of fear it lives in, which is destructive. Gabby Giffords owns a gun herself, and most sane gun owners want things to change as much as I do. But the industry itself, the CEOs and shareholders of gun manufacturers have to have the same type of ethics and regulations that foster positive change in a society rather than simply exploit it.
I love Brian's post so much I want to have sex with it. I have to say, as far as Republicans go, Joe Scarborough has got to be better than most. He's already said he doesn't want the Republican party to be the 'stupid party.' So even though I disagree with him, he seems to be the type who's reasonable enough that if more followed his lead, we could accomplish more.

And I also agree that lack of education and information and simple understanding seems to be the root of so many of our problems. If you're intelligent and educated, you can figure out how to solve the problems we have. People who are paying attention to the real world instead of Faux News fantasy world will see that the real problems we face aren't facist governments trying to take over our lives (or that if there is a problem here, it is dwarfed by the problem that is unstable people going on shooting rampages). Intelligent people will also be intelligent enough to find a sensible solution to those problems once we know what the problems are.

I think a lot of the problem is who has the intelligence in our society. In this case, it's the puppeteers; the ones pulling the strings on the rest of us. They see what's happening, but they don't care because they have a vested financial interest in keeping us in this gun free for all. As far as Washington goes, if you want to know why certain groups stand for what the stand for, you don't usually have to do much more than follow the money. Trial lawyers opposed tort reform. Know why? Unions oppose right-to-work. Know why? Millionaires support low taxes for millionaires. Know why? The answer is the same for all three: they all stand to get more money if what they want goes through.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(January 11, 2013 at 11:58 am)TaraJo Wrote: I love Brian's post so much I want to have sex with it. I have to say, as far as Republicans go, Joe Scarborough has got to be better than most. He's already said he doesn't want the Republican party to be the 'stupid party.' So even though I disagree with him, he seems to be the type who's reasonable enough that if more followed his lead, we could accomplish more.

And I also agree that lack of education and information and simple understanding seems to be the root of so many of our problems. If you're intelligent and educated, you can figure out how to solve the problems we have. People who are paying attention to the real world instead of Faux News fantasy world will see that the real problems we face aren't facist governments trying to take over our lives (or that if there is a problem here, it is dwarfed by the problem that is unstable people going on shooting rampages). Intelligent people will also be intelligent enough to find a sensible solution to those problems once we know what the problems are.

I think a lot of the problem is who has the intelligence in our society. In this case, it's the puppeteers; the ones pulling the strings on the rest of us. They see what's happening, but they don't care because they have a vested financial interest in keeping us in this gun free for all. As far as Washington goes, if you want to know why certain groups stand for what the stand for, you don't usually have to do much more than follow the money. Trial lawyers opposed tort reform. Know why? Unions oppose right-to-work. Know why? Millionaires support low taxes for millionaires. Know why? The answer is the same for all three: they all stand to get more money if what they want goes through.

Quote:I love Brian's post so much I want to have sex with it.

ROFLOL

Flattered, but that was a little TMI. He he. Like I can talk myself. All the innuendos I make here and at work.

I really don't want to know what your computer keyboard and screen look like now.Big Grin
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...oting.html

695 bodies since Sandy Hook....or slightly more than twice what the British lost at the Battle of New Orleans on 1/8/15. Well after all, the muskets that the Founding Fathers were talking about weren't all that effective.
(January 11, 2013 at 12:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...oting.html

695 bodies since Sandy Hook....or slightly more than twice what the British lost at the Battle of New Orleans on 1/8/15. Well after all, the muskets that the Founding Fathers were talking about weren't all that effective.

Come on now, you are Kim Jong Un if you dare suggest this is a problem. We have to have more guns, that's the cure because it's worked so well so far.

You are a fascist you you you you you you. *waves fist*
(January 5, 2013 at 1:58 pm)A Theist Wrote: Yeah, that's what I said, pecker breath, Black teen thugs. Crotchety old white leftist dude...nothing racist about it. Most homicides of black teens are committed by other black teens.

So, are you saying that when black people kill each other it's ok? Or that we shouldn't make any attempt to prevent them from killing each other?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Blacks killing each other is that jesus freak's idea of heaven.
(January 11, 2013 at 12:43 pm)TaraJo Wrote:
(January 5, 2013 at 1:58 pm)A Theist Wrote: Yeah, that's what I said, pecker breath, Black teen thugs. Crotchety old white leftist dude...nothing racist about it. Most homicides of black teens are committed by other black teens.

So, are you saying that when black people kill each other it's ok? Or that we shouldn't make any attempt to prevent them from killing each other?

Notice he called you "pecker breath"? How dare you expose his xenophobia. If you don't want him calling you "pecker breath" don't be a freak. Just accept whites should only be allowed to have guns because it isn't an economic issue or urban issue, it's those damned blacks.

Someone else had a scapegoat too, and 6 million Jews and 50 million humans world wide died because of his xenophobia.

We simply have to accept our heterosexual white overlords and not be sane and see poverty and crime as a condition issue. It is a race issue or didn't you know?

Naw we don't want to do silly things like making life affordable for minorities, let's just let those "others" who are "different" rot because they don't look like us.

Naw, he's not being racist. *vomit*
(January 11, 2013 at 9:20 am)A Theist Wrote: ...and in the real world, confronting force with force is usually the only option.

Since you hate weaponry and you loathe using force to solve problems, do you think Britain should have an armed military?

It is commonly accepted that one of the main reasons for the first world war was the competitive arms race, of Britain, France and Germany, that they had built up such large forces, and designed their foreign policies around this force that they were unable eventually to take any other option than to get into a conflict.
It is little talked about these days, but in the nineteen twenties, Britain and America became increasingly at odds. But the politicians of that time managed to cool down the conflict with treaties over the size of the military. Ever more powerful military cannot be shown to be in America's interests and traditionally it is something America has stood against. As such it is this belief in power which is unamerican.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1767 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2277 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72633 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13045 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3134 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist