Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 3:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
If you pray hard enough, god will make you bulletproof .. unless of course he wants to see you in person..
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Expect a barrage of prayer vigils for the victims.

That will do lots of good.
(September 17, 2013 at 1:17 am)Minimalist Wrote: Expect a barrage of prayer vigils for the victims.

That will do lots of good.

Yes, but if they really believed in heaven, they'd be fine with the slaughter as he was only handing out tickets to paradise, relieving his victims of their "earthly pain!"
Find the cure for Fundementia!
The conspiracy theories about the Navy Yard shooting are being made up as we speak, I'm sure. Especially with the early reports of looking for two other suspects (one of whom was located and identified, and ruled out as a suspect) and various erroneous news reports (since news outlets are more concerned with being first with an item than accuracy), then there's all sorts of conflicting information which always gives rise to conspiracy nuts trying to cast doubt on the official story.

Of course, if they do try to claim this as a false flag operation, little good it would do since no new gun control legislation is likely to arise from this, either.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
No doubt. If mass slayings at a theatre and elementary school can be hand waved aside, this latest tragedy won't even raise eyebrows.
(September 17, 2013 at 9:43 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: The conspiracy theories about the Navy Yard shooting are being made up as we speak, I'm sure. Especially with the early reports of looking for two other suspects (one of whom was located and identified, and ruled out as a suspect) and various erroneous news reports (since news outlets are more concerned with being first with an item than accuracy), then there's all sorts of conflicting information which always gives rise to conspiracy nuts trying to cast doubt on the official story.

Of course, if they do try to claim this as a false flag operation, little good it would do since no new gun control legislation is likely to arise from this, either.

Oh yeah, you know the conspiracy nuts are spinning this straw into pure, high quality bullshit even now.

I advocate a healthy distrust of government and think that one should be skeptical of official claims, but these false flag conspiracy theories drive me crazy. I have at least three co-workers who remain convinced that the Sandy Hook shootings were of this nature, and no amount of reasoning will budge them from their belief.

Of course, the conspiracy loons are often the same people who will tell you that government fucks up everything it touches -- yet somehow it manages to repeatedly pull off these improbable operations that would collapse in a second if anyone leaked to the press (which of course never happens in D.C.).
That's what always gets me, that out of the hundreds if not thousands of people who'd need to be involved to pull off a massive event, such as 9/11, not one ever has a change of heart or feels guilty about their participation and talks about it to the media, even anonymously. I mean, there are government whistle blowers in comparatively minor incidents, so why not something as huge as a mass killing? All it'd take is one disgruntled employee to leak some information.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(September 17, 2013 at 10:45 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: That's what always gets me, that out of the hundreds if not thousands of people who'd need to be involved to pull off a massive event, such as 9/11, not one ever has a change of heart or feels guilty about their participation and talks about it to the media, even anonymously. I mean, there are government whistle blowers in comparatively minor incidents, so why not something as huge as a mass killing? All it'd take is one disgruntled employee to leak some information.

Well, who do you think the thousands of murder victims that Min is counting are?

They're being silenced. Panic
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: 2dgut4w.jpg]
Quote:(CNN) -- It has been called the most popular rifle in America, and it briefly returned to the spotlight after Monday's shooting at the Navy Yard: the AR-15.

A U.S. law enforcement official said Monday that gunman Aaron Alexis unleashed a barrage of bullets using an AR-15, a rifle and a semi-automatic handgun. Authorities believed the AR-15 was used for most of the shooting, the official said. The news prompted Sen. Dianne Feinstein, one of the strongest proponents of a ban on assault weapons like the AR-15, to issue a statement the same day asking, "When will enough be enough?"

However, federal law enforcement sources told CNN Tuesday that authorities have recovered three weapons from the scene of the mass shooting, including one -- a shotgun -- that investigators believe Alexis brought in to the compound. The other two weapons, which sources say were handguns, may have been taken from guards at the Navy complex.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/us/ar-15-g...?hpt=hp_t1
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

More fodder for the conspiracy theorists.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1763 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72605 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13000 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2406 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist