Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 1:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
PA has shite for laws. Any jackass with a gun and a hip can carry. My little bro with three tours of PTSD to work through carries one constantly. I about lost it when I saw him sleeping in my geriatric mother's apartment, gun half out his waist band. Insanity.
Hey, Iowa lets blind people carry guns.
The carry part is what kills me. Maybe literally.
Can they PLEASE, for the love of fuck, PLEASE just get some new god-damn regulations on guns already?? Not a few, either, but like...lots??

For fuck's sake, when one of the most gun-equipped members on this site is going "DUDE. REGULATIONS. SERIOUSLY." you know that it's time to finally instate some meaningful and effective [and perhaps even heavy-handed] measures against this shit.
I'm waiting for Jared Diamond's book Guns, God and Gerrymandering: An Autopsy of a Once Great Nation* to hit the shelves to help me fill in the pieces.

*I made it up, but it sounds plausible.
The sad part is that there are more regulations & tests for getting a driver's license than to be able to own a gun.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(September 27, 2013 at 8:46 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: The sad part is that there are more regulations & tests for getting a driver's license than to be able to own a gun.

Well, I'd say its only fair. Car crashes do probably result into more deaths, and most people have a license to drive it.
However most deaths occur in the case of the irresponsibility of the drivers, and some, due to very bad luck.

Same for guns, I'd say.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(January 4, 2013 at 3:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Beware of complete twats with guns.

Makes them dangerous.

So does knives, fertilizer bombs, sticks, rocks, swords, and a dysfunctional personality. Blame the guy, not the gun. Media focuses on the negative side things for a reason. It gets more attention. Would you support the amendment if he saved someone from being stabbed to death? I doubt it.
No. I'll give you the fertilizer bomb....although idiots like that probably have a closet of full of guns, too.

But a gun makes the 98-lb weakling with feelings of inadequacy a "big man" and it really takes no skill whatsoever to use one.

If you really think a rock or a stick is as dangerous as a gun I think you need to reconsider.
You really think that someone is going to be as dangerous with a rock, stick, or even a knife as they would spraying & praying with a semi-automatic firearm?

True, fertilizer bombs are illegal but how often do nutjobs use ANFO to commit mass murder compared to using a gun? I can think of exactly one instance that happened a ways south of me almost 20 years ago. However, we seem to be plagued with stories of gun violence every week.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1761 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72560 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 12953 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3132 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2405 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist