Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 3:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(December 5, 2013 at 4:50 pm)Kitanetos Wrote:
(December 5, 2013 at 4:44 pm)BreadGod Wrote: Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the nation. They also have the highest murder rate in the nation. That is no coincidence.

I wonder if one looks at the statistics, one might conclude that the majority of murders are not gun related.

(December 5, 2013 at 4:44 pm)BreadGod Wrote: All they do is disarm the good people who have guns, which means they are unable to defend themselves against the bad people who have guns.

You are injecting the false claim that stricter gun laws implies taking guns away from responsible citizens. Do not be so ignorant. Stricter gun laws need to be enacted to prevent nutjob gun fondlers from being able to easily obtain guns through lawful measures.

Of course, if I had my way, all guns would be banned.

The comment guns don't kill people is an ignorant statement, after all. If guns do not kill people, why not take guns away from soldiers and just send the men to war without weapons.

Every gun control advocate tells me this. They always tell me, "No one's coming to take your guns away, crazy man! We just want reasonable restrictions." Uh huh. Yeah. Gun control advocates down in Australia said the exact same thing. They said they just wanted to put some "reasonable restrictions" in place in order to keep the "nutjob gun fondlers" from getting guns. (Also, I love how you keep trying to smear guns right advocates as "nutjob gun fondlers". William Randolph Hearst would be proud of you.) The next thing everyone in Australia knew, the government issued a total gun ban and forced everyone to turn their guns in. Soon thereafter, violent crime skyrocketed. That is what happens when your dream of banning all guns comes to fruition.

(December 5, 2013 at 4:50 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: Panic da gubmint doin its job, and people be gettin scared, sayin... "Save us gubmint - SAVE US! More laws please... Regulate us!"

It's all going like clockwork, and fear is the lubricant for the machine Clap

This. Kitanetos, you're supposed to be a free thinker. Why are you falling for the government's fear mongering so easily?
There is a certain criminal. He can drive twenty minutes from where he is and illegally purchase a handgun for $300 right now without ANY checks being made on him. Now let's say that I am a law abiding home owner and I want to purchase a handgun to protect my family from home invasion. As a law abiding citizen, purchasing a gun from a reputable dealer, I must wait 27 days for my background to be checked before I can even think about leaving the store with the piece. It's too bad that the criminal has plans to break into my house tonight Thinking AND... what if I was ever accused of abuse by an elderly senile parent? No guns for this law abiding citizen EVER, because his deranged, elderly mother once upon a time made a falsified accusation against him. These are the errant "protections" gun regulations are imposing on law abiding citizens, while any punk can still purchase a Saturday Night Special .38 for cash on the street. God fucking bless America.
That is a great deal of what-if's. Is there not a fallacy for that?

Appeal to Probability
False Dilemma
Ludic
Mind Projection
Slippery Slope
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Ban 'em all.

Tasers for everyone! (Except you, fff...you geta busted whistle and a fly swatter.)
(December 5, 2013 at 5:11 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Ban 'em all.

Tasers for everyone! (Except you, fff...you geta busted whistle and a fly swatter.)

Make it so that America has the same murder rate as Mexico? Oh yeah, that's a great idea.
(December 5, 2013 at 5:13 pm)BreadGod Wrote:

Make it so that America has the same murder rate as Mexico? Oh yeah, that's a great idea.

Does 'ban them all' confuse you?

And while it's a truthful sentiment on my part, you should know I said that facetiously. I'm aware that Pandora's Box is impossible to close. Still, yeah...fucking ban the sumbitches.
(December 5, 2013 at 5:07 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: There is a certain criminal. He can drive twenty minutes from where he is and illegally purchase a handgun for $300 right now without ANY checks being made on him. Now let's say that I am a law abiding home owner and I want to purchase a handgun to protect my family from home invasion. As a law abiding citizen, purchasing a gun from a reputable dealer, I must wait 27 days for my background to be checked before I can even think about leaving the store with the piece. It's too bad that the criminal has plans to break into my house tonight Thinking AND... what if I was ever accused of abuse by an elderly senile parent? No guns for this law abiding citizen EVER, because his deranged, elderly mother once upon a time made a falsified accusation against him. These are the errant "protections" gun regulations are imposing on law abiding citizens, while any punk can still purchase a Saturday Night Special .38 for cash on the street. God fucking bless America.
(December 5, 2013 at 5:10 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: That is a great deal of what-if's. Is there not a fallacy for that?

Appeal to Probability
False Dilemma
Ludic
Mind Projection
Slippery Slope
I count one "what if". IF a person is even wrongly accused of an abuse their ability to obtain firearms is permanently stripped. I posted facts - no fallacy to be found.

Facts I posted:
  • A criminal can get a gun easily.
  • A law abiding citizen has to jump through hoops to get a gun legally.
  • Home break-ins occur where homeowners are unarmed while the intruders have guns.
  • If ANY citizen is even WRONGLY accused of abuse, his hun rights can be stripped.

I own two Tasers.
(December 5, 2013 at 5:22 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote:
(December 5, 2013 at 5:13 pm)BreadGod Wrote: Make it so that America has the same murder rate as Mexico? Oh yeah, that's a great idea.

Does 'ban them all' confuse you?

And while it's a truthful sentiment on my part, you should know I said that facetiously. I'm aware that Pandora's Box is impossible to close. Still, yeah...fucking ban the sumbitches.

So you do want America to have the same murder rate as Mexico. Okay.
(December 5, 2013 at 5:07 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: There is a certain criminal. He can drive twenty minutes from where he is and illegally purchase a handgun for $300 right now without ANY checks being made on him. Now let's say that I am a law abiding home owner and I want to purchase a handgun to protect my family from home invasion. As a law abiding citizen, purchasing a gun from a reputable dealer, I must wait 27 days for my background to be checked before I can even think about leaving the store with the piece. It's too bad that the criminal has plans to break into my house tonight Thinking AND... what if I was ever accused of abuse by an elderly senile parent? No guns for this law abiding citizen EVER, because his deranged, elderly mother once upon a time made a falsified accusation against him. These are the errant "protections" gun regulations are imposing on law abiding citizens, while any punk can still purchase a Saturday Night Special .38 for cash on the street. God fucking bless America.

I count one "what if".

What I bolded above is also a what-if, unless you can now see the future and you know for a fact that a criminal is going to break into your house tonight.

(December 5, 2013 at 5:26 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: [*]A criminal can get a gun easily.

There are also laws in place to punish those caught with unregistered guns.

(December 5, 2013 at 5:26 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: [*]A law abiding citizen has to jump through hoops to get a gun legally.

Boo-hoo.

(December 5, 2013 at 5:26 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: [*]Home break-ins occur where homeowners are unarmed while the intruders have guns.

All of them? I doubt it. In fact, I doubt the criminals do an extensive background check on the homeowners to ensure they are not gun owners.

(December 5, 2013 at 5:26 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: [*]If ANY citizen is even WRONGLY accused of abuse, his hun rights can be stripped.

Good.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 5, 2013 at 5:36 pm)Kitanetos Wrote:
(December 5, 2013 at 5:26 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: If ANY citizen is even WRONGLY accused of abuse, his gun rights can be stripped.

Good.

So you would rather have someone be a victim than to let them have the ability to defend himself?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1771 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2278 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72642 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13051 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3135 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1178 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist