Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 4:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(December 8, 2013 at 12:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(December 6, 2013 at 7:52 pm)Chas Wrote: Is this going to be one of those cases of "I have much evidences of this but I won't show them"?

You really want to get into a discussion of how much the gun nuts spend so they can keep killing people, Chas?

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/busine...-advocates

You were implying that the Supreme Court was influenced by the cash. You have evidence?
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
You've got 4 dyed-in-the-wool republicunt scumbags who kiss business' ass at every opportunity. If there was ever a dictator in this country it is Anthony Kennedy who is supposed to be the swing vote.

Clarence Fucking Thomas wouldn't even disqualify himself from the Obamacare decision when his fucking wife was a lobbyist for them. So please don't insult my or your intelligence by pretending the SC operates in a fucking vacuum.

Meanwhile....just another day....

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/12/08...razy-U-S-A

Quote:December 8, 2013 edition

Alma, Ark. -- A man used a shotgun to shoot and kill his daughter’s boyfriend and two granddaughters -- ages 4-months old and 4-years old -- before using the gun to kill himself at a home about 3 p.m. Tuesday. The 4-month-old was shot while in a car seat in a vehicle parked outside the residence and the 4-year-old was shot in the back in the backyard.

Richmond Hill, Ga. -- A 40-year-old woman shot and killed her 8-year-old son before using the weapon to kill herself Monday morning. The woman’s husband and the boy’s father received a text message from his wife shortly after he left for work telling him to return home. He found the bodies when he returned.

Manchester, Conn. -- Late last night, a man shot and killed three women at an apartment and then used the gun to kill himself in front of police just moments after putting down a 13-month-old child that was in his arms.

Lansing, Mich. -- A 53-year-old man shot and killed his 37-year-old wife and 14-year-old stepson before using the gun to kill himself Thursday night. The woman reportedly had been the victim of domestic abuse in the past.

Simi Valley, Calif. -- Two neighbors -- a man and a woman -- were found shot to death about 7 a.m. Monday and police are calling it a murder-suicide. The woman’s body was found in the front yard of a house and the man’s body was found outside another home in the same cul-de-sac. The two reportedly had a relationship. Police have not yet said who they think fired the gun.

Westbrook, Me. -- A 30-year-old man shot and killed a 22-year-old man inside the younger man’s apartment before using the gun to kill himself Saturday morning. The two reportedly had a relationship

And many more.

Quote:Addendum for December 8, 2013

If today is an average day, some 277 Americans will be shot by a gun. And 84 of those who are shot will die.

Yep...just like Japan and Britain!
(December 8, 2013 at 6:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Alma, Ark. -- A man used a shotgun to shoot and kill his daughter’s boyfriend and two granddaughters -- ages 4-months old and 4-years old -- before using the gun to kill himself at a home about 3 p.m. Tuesday. The 4-month-old was shot while in a car seat in a vehicle parked outside the residence and the 4-year-old was shot in the back in the backyard.

It's too bad someone with a gun wasn't there to shoot that bastard before he shot those kids isn't it?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Someone was there with a gun. He shot the kids.
(December 9, 2013 at 6:44 am)Optimistic Mysanthrope Wrote: Someone was there with a gun. He shot the kids.

Oh, what a dodge, do you play dodgeball? You are aware that I was stating the obvious. Once a idiot bastard already has a gun with intent to do evil deeds, it generally takes another gun to stop him, or it takes his knowledge of the surety of other guns coming to convince him to kill himself afterwards.

Its childish to sit around and pine for the days before firearms, or even the days before the U.S. was saturated with them. (1600's?)

Reality, the place that we argue so much for on this board, happens to have had a bastard crazy man with a gun who shot a guy and two children. The only thing that could have stopped him at that moment was a good man or woman with a gun.

Unless you have a better idea on how he could have been stopped from committing this horrible deed? Oh, and please do base this within the world of reality.
Re: All Hail the Second Amendment
Guns cause more of a threat than they reduce. Shit, even our reguar Police don't carry guns and they aren't getting shot all the time.
(December 9, 2013 at 8:31 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Guns cause more of a threat than they reduce. Shit, even our reguar Police don't carry guns and they aren't getting shot all the time.

So, your "regular police" could have stopped this armed man from killing these three people without any guns?

Or is it more likely that your police don't have to deal with armed criminals much. Sadly, that is not reality in the U.S. and I was speaking in terms of reality and not fantasy.
(December 8, 2013 at 6:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You've got 4 dyed-in-the-wool republicunt scumbags who kiss business' ass at every opportunity. If there was ever a dictator in this country it is Anthony Kennedy who is supposed to be the swing vote.

Clarence Fucking Thomas wouldn't even disqualify himself from the Obamacare decision when his fucking wife was a lobbyist for them. So please don't insult my or your intelligence by pretending the SC operates in a fucking vacuum.

So, no evidence. Just speculation. Or paranoia.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(December 9, 2013 at 7:55 am)Brakeman Wrote: Oh, what a dodge, do you play dodgeball? You are aware that I was stating the obvious. Once a idiot bastard already has a gun with intent to do evil deeds, it generally takes another gun to stop him, or it takes his knowledge of the surety of other guns coming to convince him to kill himself afterwards.

Its childish to sit around and pine for the days before firearms, or even the days before the U.S. was saturated with them. (1600's?)

Reality, the place that we argue so much for on this board, happens to have had a bastard crazy man with a gun who shot a guy and two children. The only thing that could have stopped him at that moment was a good man or woman with a gun.

Unless you have a better idea on how he could have been stopped from committing this horrible deed? Oh, and please do base this within the world of reality.

Ooh, I don't know. Off the top of my head, I guess not letting him have a gun in the first place might have changed things a bit
(December 9, 2013 at 10:56 am)Chas Wrote:
(December 8, 2013 at 6:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You've got 4 dyed-in-the-wool republicunt scumbags who kiss business' ass at every opportunity. If there was ever a dictator in this country it is Anthony Kennedy who is supposed to be the swing vote.

So, no evidence. Just speculation. Or paranoia.

You do understand that 1+1 = 2, right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1779 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2281 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72784 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13091 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3138 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1178 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2410 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist