Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 7:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
Quote:Seriously? In 2010, unintentional firearm injuries caused the deaths of 606 people. That was what I was addressing.

606 is an acceptable body count to you? 1 1/2 a day just because some asshole with a gun decides to stop being a "responsible" gun owner? Seriously?

In Britain in 2010 there were 58 murders.

Meanwhile.... let's not forget the nutters out there.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/28...tail=email

Quote:'Gun enthusiasts' threaten woman for selling a safer gun

Quote:There was no issue here about government mandates or the like, mind you. Her crime was the supposition that some gun owners might want a safer gun, which is all it took for a wave of outraged "enthusiasts" to come surging toward her house like a tsunami of stupid. Can't have that. If we try to make a gun that your children can't find and play with and accidentally fire into some other child's skull, we will have lost an important piece of America.
I guess Minimalist isn't going to comment on Brakeman's experience.
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2014042...b804b.html

Quote: KENNESAW, Ga. (AP) — A FedEx employee wearing ammunition draped across his chest "like Rambo" opened fire Tuesday at a package-sorting center outside Atlanta, wounding six people before committing suicide, police and witnesses said.

In addition to a shotgun, the gunman also had an undisclosed number of Molotov cocktails, but he did not use them in the attack, police said.

Thanks for "guns everywhere," Georgia.

Quote:I guess Minimalist isn't going to comment on Brakeman's experience.

What am I supposed to be commenting on?
Re: RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(April 29, 2014 at 11:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Thanks for "guns everywhere," Georgia.

Do you really think the law caused this? What he did was illegal. You have a problem with reality.

(April 29, 2014 at 11:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What am I supposed to be commenting on?

You can't read? She saved someone with a gun.
Wish we had something like that second amendment. Turks value three things. Horse, wife and weapons.
Now that there are gun laws in place, we cannot get weapons for personal use without coping with the yearly payments for a license. This makes sure that only rich people have access to personal weaponry, and that the criminals obtain their weapons illegally, so the common man has nothing to protect himself.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
They are selling Turkish made Tisas 1911 model 45 pistols here in the US these days mehmet. It is a pretty nice pistol for the selling price. Not a Wilson Combat or anything that nice, but since you could buy 5 of the Tasis pistols for what a Wilson Combat would cost it is a good deal.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
How much does one cost?
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I can get a new one for $399. That's about 850 in Turkish Lira. A new Colt government model would run around $850 here so the Tasis is less than half the price.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(April 30, 2014 at 5:44 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: I can get a new one for $399. That's about 850 in Turkish Lira. A new Colt government model would run around $850 here so the Tasis is less than half the price.
How are the gun laws in your area?
(April 28, 2014 at 7:17 pm)Brakeman Wrote: My own personal experience..
When I was 14 I stopped a very violent rape in progress with a rifle. The attacker was beating the girl in the grass on my property. He was a huge man who was a championship boxer (He was a n'er do well neighbor a few houses down the road). Without the rifle I would have had no chance whatsoever of stopping him. After pummeling her in the face several times, he pulled down her pants and was taking his off when I fired into the ground about 5 feet in front of him and to the side.
If he had decided to charge me I would have killed him, I'm quite sure. He was wise not to risk it. Another neighbor, and elderly man, heard the shot and came out with a pistol while his wife called the police. The police showed up in 20 minutes or so. He was arrested and sent to prison. While simply calling the cops would have caught the guy, as I recognized him, it wouldn't have saved the girl from a mentally scarring rape nor saved her from additional horrendous blows to her head.

So how does that fit with the "more restrictions crowd?"

So we are evaluating policy using anecdotes now?

(April 24, 2014 at 8:40 am)Bad Writer Wrote:
(April 24, 2014 at 5:46 am)Cato Wrote: Guns and alcohol. Can't imagine anything wrong with that cocktail.

Allowing guns in bars has always seemed like a bad idea to me. If there's a solid reason to allow this, does anyone here know it?

It weeds out those stupid enough to go into a bar that allows guns.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1768 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2277 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72633 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13045 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3134 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1178 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist