Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 6:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
Sad 
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
This is a very disturbing video of a girl being murdered by two thugs with sticks. There were observers that were powerless to stop the men because there were two of them and they were big men.

One person with a gun could have saved the girls life. The police couldn't have reacted fact enough. So what would you do?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f59_1401453258

"She refused to give them her phone number when being asked."

Find the cure for Fundementia!
I certainly wouldn't fire into that little gaggle -even if I did have a gun-, better off hitting them with the thing. So...nobody could find a heavy object to hit them with? Fishy......cuz we're usually so eager...
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 30, 2014 at 1:01 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I certainly wouldn't fire into that little gaggle -even if I did have a gun-, better off hitting them with the thing. So...nobody could find a heavy object to hit them with? Fishy......cuz we're usually so eager...

Think it through. You hit one of the thugs with something (fire extinguisher?, gun?) and that takes their attention away from the girl and on to you.

Now what?
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
I yield not to superior odds...hooah.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 30, 2014 at 2:26 pm)Chas Wrote:
(May 30, 2014 at 1:01 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I certainly wouldn't fire into that little gaggle -even if I did have a gun-, better off hitting them with the thing. So...nobody could find a heavy object to hit them with? Fishy......cuz we're usually so eager...

Think it through. You hit one of the thugs with something (fire extinguisher?, gun?) and that takes their attention away from the girl and on to you.

Now what?

Make him walk like a flamingo and skull fuck him.

It's not that hard to be sure of your backdrop. You just have to do it. I could have very very easily dropped both assailants and not caused a scratch on any innocent bystanders. All concealed carry courses that I am aware of require backdrop identification training so that you hit your target, and only your target.
Murphys law amigo. I'm sure you think you could (I have suspicions that I could as well) - but I think we both know how often our inner voices are wrong, eh?
(May 30, 2014 at 6:01 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Murphys law amigo. I'm sure you think you could (I have suspicions that I could as well) - but I think we both know how often our inner voices are wrong, eh?

Except, I've been there and stopped a similar crime in real life. I only shot a convincing warning shot a couple of feet away from the perp, but even doing so, I was very sure of my background.

Furthermore, life is a risk, I could accidentally drive my truck into a busload of orphans, but that doesn't stop me from driving to work every day.

The risk is very low that I would make such a mistake because of my rather extensive training and experience. Few have as much experience as myself, I am aware, but speaking for myself, and only for myself, I could have reliably killed those two with a pistol without anything but silly statistically extreme risks. So should society allow me to legally carry a firearm?
(The States of TN & SC Do)
Not on the basis of your ability to kill criminals...no. Don't get me wrong, I love my guns too...lol, I just think thats a pisspoor argument.

(keep in mind, silly extreme risks played out over vast populations -do- become inevitabilities....btw)
(May 30, 2014 at 6:19 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Not on the basis of your ability to kill criminals...no. Don't get me wrong, I love my guns too...lol, I just think thats a pisspoor argument.

Really? Why do you think people get a concealed carry permit, to hunt squirrels in a Dollar General store?

What do you think would be a "good" argument.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1764 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72608 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13001 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2407 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist