Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
I wasn't sure where to put this...either here or the Damned Protestants thread.

Decided on here because the gun is explicit while the religious horseshit is merely inferred.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/12/ve...ts-police/

Quote:‘Very sheltered’ homeschooled Texas teen guns down both of his parents: police

Quote:Jonathon Marcum, a 15-year-old friend of the accused killer, told the Morning News, “He was very sheltered. If he broke the guidelines, he got punished.”

The boy was not allowed to drink sodas or watch rated-R films. He was only allowed access to PG-13 films once a screening agency had edited out any violent or adult-themed scenes. He was only allowed access to the Internet under closely supervised conditions.

The parents sound like assholes...jesus has to be involved somehow.
Good thing they didn't let him watch any violent movies.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
A judge with some brains.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/12/ju...t-weapons/

Quote:ANNAPOLIS Md. (Reuters) – A federal judge on Tuesday upheld Maryland’s gun control law, which includes a ban on assault rifles and a limit on magazine size, according to court documents.

The Firearm Safety Act of 2013 is one of the strictest legislative packages for gun control. The law was a response to the December 2012 massacre of 26 people at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, by a gunman with an assault rifle.

“I find the law constitutional,” U.S. District Judge Catherine Blake said in her ruling.

The NRA will now whine and write checks all the way to the supreme court.
Sure...keep a gun around to "protect" your family.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/13/ba...her-to-er/

Quote:BAD DAD: Man shoots daughter thinking she’s a burglar, crashes car driving her to ER

Nice work, "Dad."

Also in the news....

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/g...s-did-year

Quote:Americans hate terrorists and love our kids, right? So you might be shocked to know that preschoolers with guns have taken more lives so far this year than the single U.S. terrorist attack, which claimed four lives in Boston.

Keep them Freedom Missiles coming.
I feel as if I have been ignoring the gun nuts lately....while concentrating on the gun nuts in uniform.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/...story.html

Quote:A Texas boy who was accidentally shot in the face by his 7-year-old cousin is out of surgery and expected to survive his injuries, police officials told the Los Angeles Times on Friday.

Not to be outdone....

https://twitter.com/LIBsouthernGRL/statu...56/photo/1

[Image: BvIo0JnCAAAh2Lh.jpg]

Aw..how cute. Baby's first gun.
Cause he's gonna be down range with a baby filled papoose hanging from his chest.
Human shield?
I want to comment with something that might reveal my identity more.
But who cares about details. in libya, there are little kids running with guns (my mother didn't allow me to have a fucking bb gun).
And why do people think that quiet kids are murderers.
I mean, I could've done a shooting by now. I actually thought about a plan, it's easy in Libya (I just need a car, a rifle and time).
Quote:And why do people think that quiet kids are murderers.

Because after every school shooting it turns out that the shooter was some sort of depressed loner who was bright but socially inept.

Not so coincidentally....

Quote:Schizophrenia is a brain disorder that affects the way a person acts, thinks, and sees the world. People with schizophrenia have an altered perception of reality, often a significant loss of contact with reality. They may see or hear things that don’t exist, speak in strange or confusing ways, believe that others are trying to harm them, or feel like they’re being constantly watched. With such a blurred line between the real and the imaginary, schizophrenia makes it difficult—even frightening—to negotiate the activities of daily life. In response, people with schizophrenia may withdraw from the outside world or act out in confusion and fear.

Most cases of schizophrenia appear in the late teens or early adulthood.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/schizoph...ymptom.htm
I enjoy being a gun owner and going target shooting and skeet shooting and the occasional pheasant hunt, and I think that anyone who wants to be able to try those things should have a way to do it...but I simply don't understand the vehement and screaming opposition to things like background checks or adequate identification laws or required safety courses. Boggles my freaking mind.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1767 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2277 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72623 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13040 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3134 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist