Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 10:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
WTF!!!

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/gunmaker...rotection/

Quote:Gunmaker Colt files for bankruptcy protection

Quote:Its current troubles are in part due to the fact that Colt lost out on the M4 US army contract to FN Herstal in 2013. Additionally, despite increase in support of gun rights , number of US households that owned guns has dropped to a 40-year low in 2014 . Last year, 32% U.S. households owned guns compared to 54% in 1977.

And with the speed with which gun nuts are offing themselves that number should drop even faster!
I think IATIA makes a very good point about these gun "accidents."  There is little accidental about them.

Take this shithead.

http://tbo.com/news/florida/man-checking...-20150615/

Quote:Man checking to see if gun was loaded accidentally kills self

Apparently it was.
How to check whether your gun is loaded in 4 easy steps:

1 do NOT pull the trigger
2 do NOT pull the trigger
3 do NOT pull the trigger
4 do NOT pull the trigger

Fucking Darwin Award to this moron. It's precisely people like this that shouldn't be let near a gun.
You've got to pull the trigger to properly clear the firearm.  If you don't properly clear the firearm you increase the risk of an ad.  You point it at the ground...of course, not your stomach or your toddler.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'd agree, there are virtually no accidents with guns, just plain stupidity. Real accidents, may consist of less than 0.5% of many of these stories.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
(June 14, 2015 at 4:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren’t they? They’re all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you’re born, you’re on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don’t want to know about you. They don’t want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you’re pre-born, you’re fine; if you’re preschool, you’re fucked.
What we have here is a nail that has been hit squarely on the head. Maybe they just want to save the fetuses so Pat Robertson will have his little Hitlers to send to his Heavenly Farter.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
Another Car-Wash related death....

http://www.wsav.com/story/29326614/man-s...o-car-wash

Quote:STATESBORO, GA -  Officials at the Statesboro Police Department say a man was killed in what they believe was an accidental shooting.  It happened at the Flash Car Was on Fair Road.  48-year-old Timothy Hal Cartee died from a gunshot wound.  He was cleaning out his car when it happened.  Foul play is not suspected and the death is being investigated as an accidental discharge.

Bye, Tim.  Say "hi" to fucking jesus.
You're now short one grandkid.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/29330839/accidentally

Quote:Nine-year-old boy killed in Texas hunting accident

Quote:Sherriff Walker says the ranch has had an impeccable safety record.

Not so much anymore, sheriff.
We already knew this....even if the NRA doesn't.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/guns-rar...-shooting/

Quote:Guns rarely used for self-defense in US — there are 32 criminal homicides for every 1 justifiable killing

Quote:Put another way, for every justifiable homicide involving a gun, 32 criminal homicides carried out with a firearm occurred. And that does not take into account “tens of thousands” of gun-related suicides and unintentional shootings.
A baseball bat is cheaper and won't blow a gaping hole in your toddlers chest, asleep in the next room, while you valiantly "defend" her against the bad men. Hell, even if you have a gun, the best bet for defending your home with it...is to leave the bullets in your pocket, Andy, and give him a buttstroke to the mouth. Promise, you'll have all the time in the world to call the cops after one good hit. The only time it's even -remotely- safe to shoot an intruder...is when he's already laying on his face with his arms stretched out - though I get that it would be difficult to explain that to the cops (if you get the chance...after all, when they show up and see a guy with gun..........).

(for those psychotics who think that a baseball bat isn't menacing or effective - enough-....go get a hatchet for all I care, see what happens when a burglar finds himself in an unfamiliar home with a naked lunatic waving a hatchet at his neck. Get your hands wet, if you just have-to-have that penetrative fix.)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1765 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72614 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13019 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist