Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 11:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok I admit it
RE: Ok I admit it
(March 4, 2014 at 5:34 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Yep.
And verses which say the opposite.

The bible has something for everyoneBig Grin

Aren't you a Christian? Why are you saying sassy stuff about the Holy Bible?
Because Christianity is more than the bible grasshopper. I'm a Christian because of spiritual experiences like the ones you alluded to. But not one of them involved God telling me the bible was inerrant. Or even special.

If you like a band, you like the band, not the cd the music is burnt onto. The music is special, the band is special. The cd is just a piece of plastic right?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(March 4, 2014 at 5:40 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Because Christianity is more than the bible grasshopper. I'm a Christian because of spiritual experiences like the ones you alluded to. But not one of them involved God telling me the bible was inerrant. Or even special.

If you like a band, you like the band, not the cd the music is burnt onto. The music is special, the band is special. The cd is just a piece of plastic right?

So you do believe that my dad speaks to God and my mom saw an angel? Smile
JL, go to skeptics annoted bible.com and start reading.

Then tell us all about this special book which you haven't even read yet.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 4, 2014 at 5:56 am)Zen Badger Wrote: JL, go to skeptics annoted bible.com and start reading.

Then tell us all about this special book which you haven't even read yet.

They just try and twist the Bible's words. You have to read the whole thing in context.
(March 4, 2014 at 5:44 am)JesusLover1 Wrote: So you do believe that my dad speaks to God and my mom saw an angel? Smile

I speak to god myself, only last week I cursed him when I stubbed my toe, but he never answers me back.

If your dad has a two way conversation with him then please get him to ask god something nobody knows, such as what is dark matter, which interpretation (if any) of quantum physics is correct, is faster than light travel possible? Because it seems to me, god never tells anybody anything they don't already know and, if I had a hotline to god, I wouldn't squander the opportunity talking about trivial nonsense. I'd try to do something useful instead.
My post was completely ignored, as I expected it would be. I'm disappointed though, I thought you would at least have tried to convince me why I'm not a god and your jesus is. The bible is a book of lies, contradictions and human stupidity.

The whole thing in context? Have you? And in so doing, have you seen just what that book represents? I've read the entire thing, IN CONTEXT, a few times from the beginning to the end, and the only conclusion I came to was UTTER NONSENSE AND RUBBISH. By the way, by your answer in response to Zen Badger, it's obvious you took only a few seconds to look over the site and made your own conclusion. PATHETIC. Open up your mind, you're missing life.
I trust in my parents. They are amazing, smart people.
(March 4, 2014 at 5:57 am)JesusLover1 Wrote: They just try and twist the Bible's words. You have to read the whole thing in context.

Couple of thoughts: One, did you actually go there and read any of what the site had to say before you decided what "they just" do? Two, do you have any specific instances of things taken out of context from the bible in such a way that a different meaning is produced? Three, if your parents don't even let you read the bible, how do you even know what's been taken out of context and what hasn't?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 4, 2014 at 6:07 am)JesusLover1 Wrote: I trust in my parents. They are amazing, smart people.

I trust mine, too. That doesn't mean I think they're always right, or that I never disagree with them. Part of growing up is realizing that your parents are just people like you, and as such they're collections of good things and bad things. I trust my dad, but I also recognize that he can be a total moron about certain things.

Just consider the possibility that they might be wrong on this one issue. Once you do, the evidence will align and show you what's really true.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!