Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 12:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
I haven't been posting as much. Trying to find meaning in my life again. Everything is grey. It's all grey.

Grey and hopeless.

At least I can try to laugh about that with the following video:

But seriously my life is empty and meaningless right now.
'Tis what you make it, Hams. Get better. Smile

I just want to find something to feel good about.

Gonna distract myself with AFing.

I shall kill the time. Time isn't necessarily fun when it flies by but it certainly hurts less that way.
... he says before he gets sidetracked by Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

It's just such a good game!
The elephant in the room

So.. Not to bring up unpleasant things nor do I owe any explanations, but I did say I was leaving for good and now I'm back again. It's confusing to me too, although I did miss you all so much I've quite enjoyed my homecoming! I left Riiighhhhhttt around the time I posted a very controversial reply to my husband in open AFSkype room during a very pivotal moment in our marriage! Too many people got too much information, with that, and not all of it was accurate I admit.
But what are we all, if not friends by now after all these years of forming side by side? Sometimes friends tend to get to know their friends more closely than acquaintances--and, by proxy, their dirty laundry as well!

For those of you who know what I'm talking about, yes I was on anesthetics and morphine for a reconfiguration of my innerds and I had a 6in incision among others, in my abdomen. Needless to say, it was not the best time to make life altering decisions. Yes, I regret those decisions, and no I didn't plan it, it just happened naturally on a progressive timeline of life sequences and unveilings. In short, I thought my husband was crazy and he thought the same about me; it was a very fucked up time in our marriage and we both did things we are both sorry for. Mainly we suffered from lack of proper communication! Funny to think about-- considering we lived together, but it happened. I saw zero chance of reconciliation in that situation--I believed wholeheartedly what i said. I regret shutting down communication completely, that was on me. But, looking back, I don't know if we could've or would've reconciled had we not separated. I do know that I wanted a separation, and that's my right to ask for. It's just that we were separated by an ocean instead of two separate residences. There wasn't really any alternative.

We are still together. Throughout and despite all of that, he still loves me and I still love him. We have some marital counseling to do, sure, and personal issues we are working on, but hey we have never been married before, you know? We have chosen to be there for each other as we pick ourselves back up from what had been, a failure on both our parts. Hard lessons were learned, and new lessons we are now learning, together.

That's really all I have to say other than sorry you all got wind of dirty laundry in your sails!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Missed all the drama, glad you guys are working on it!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Well, I didn't miss the drama... Got some Skype from Esq and then saw Luckie's take...
Found it very odd...
I did manage to talk to Esq for a bit, trying to make some sense out of it... but... Now we know.
I'm glad you two are working on it. Smile

@Luckie, something you said reminded me of this quote:
"There is no means of testing which decision is better, because there is no basis for comparison. We live everything as it comes, without warning, like an actor going on cold. And what can life be worth if the first rehearsal for life is life itself? That is why life is always like a sketch. No, "sketch" is not quite a word, because a sketch is an outline of something, the groundwork for a picture, whereas the sketch that is our life is a sketch for nothing, an outline with no picture."
Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being

"We can never know what to want, because, living only one life, we can neither compare it with our previous lives nor perfect it in our lives to come."
Milan Kundera
(November 28, 2016 at 2:01 am)Luckie Wrote: That's really all I have to say other than sorry you all got wind of dirty laundry in your sails!

Many of us, myself included, have walked that road -- airing out our skivvies while the neighbors are at the fence.

Best wishes for your health and relationship. Cleave to the right, and cotton to the true, you guys will be fine when you do that.

Sorry about your troubles, Luckie, I wish you well!

Also, regarding something else...

(November 28, 2016 at 2:01 am)Luckie Wrote: That's really all I have to say other than sorry you all got wind of dirty laundry in your sails!

Well, I missed that whole mess so you'll have to make do without my judging you guys. Wink
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10649 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4252 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 11031 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13519 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin