Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 8:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
Just be thankful you're not a guy. Everywhere we go the distraction comes with us.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 13, 2018 at 12:03 pm)DodosAreDead Wrote: Hello heathens. 

Dodo did a bit of introspection. All my life, (or at least form as long as I've made my own decisions lol) I've run away from distractions the minute they start to get a little too... distracting. I even uninstall my apps and make my parents change the wifi password when things are especially rough. But that can't be done with everything, especially once I go to college (which is frighteningly soon  Panic ) so, I, the mightiest dodo, have decided to learn to control distractions rather than outright (temporarily) shunning them. No time like the present. So here I am again. Yeet.

Sounds like a good plan! Indeed, managing how much you "allow" things to distract you is a very important life skill. And no distractions is an unhealthy state of affairs, at least in my experience.

(October 13, 2018 at 12:57 pm)wyzas Wrote: Just be thankful you're not a guy. Everywhere we go the distraction comes with us.

Fuck me, ain't that the truth. Try turning that one off.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I'm glad to hear you'll be sticking around, Dodos, if only for purely selfish reasons. But never forget that avoiding distractions is a method of managing them.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 13, 2018 at 1:04 pm)robvalue Wrote:
(October 13, 2018 at 12:03 pm)DodosAreDead Wrote: Hello heathens. 

Dodo did a bit of introspection. All my life, (or at least form as long as I've made my own decisions lol) I've run away from distractions the minute they start to get a little too... distracting. I even uninstall my apps and make my parents change the wifi password when things are especially rough. But that can't be done with everything, especially once I go to college (which is frighteningly soon  Panic ) so, I, the mightiest dodo, have decided to learn to control distractions rather than outright (temporarily) shunning them. No time like the present. So here I am again. Yeet.

Sounds like a good plan! Indeed, managing how much you "allow" things to distract you is a very important life skill. And no distractions is an unhealthy state of affairs, at least in my experience.

(October 13, 2018 at 12:57 pm)wyzas Wrote: Just be thankful you're not a guy. Everywhere we go the distraction comes with us.

Fuck me, ain't that the truth. Try turning that one off.
IK,R? Covering up that spontaneous erection with whatever one has.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(October 13, 2018 at 12:57 pm)wyzas Wrote: Just be thankful you're not a guy. 
No.
(October 13, 2018 at 1:04 pm)robvalue Wrote:

Try turning that one off.
Unless you're really weird, this should work
(October 13, 2018 at 9:49 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: I'm glad to hear you'll be sticking around, Dodos, if only for purely selfish reasons.  But never forget that avoiding distractions is a method of managing them.
Bold mine: I don't contribute much here anyways, so its not like I could ever stick around for unselfish reasons. 
Italic (is that a thing?) mine: I'm already good at that. I've done it countless times. But at some point there'll be distractions I won't be able to avoid (logistically speaking), and I wanna be ready.
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
(October 13, 2018 at 11:13 pm)DodosAreDead Wrote:
(October 13, 2018 at 9:49 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: I'm glad to hear you'll be sticking around, Dodos, if only for purely selfish reasons.  But never forget that avoiding distractions is a method of managing them.
Bold mine: I don't contribute much here anyways, so its not like I could ever stick around for unselfish reasons. 

I meant that my reasons for wanting you to remain are selfish in that I take pleasure from having you around. Not that your reasons, themselves, are selfish.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 14, 2018 at 5:05 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: I meant that my reasons for wanting you to remain are selfish in that I take pleasure from having you around.  Not that your reasons, themselves,  are selfish.
I'm Stupid  butLove
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
Hammy stop being such a stubborn baby and come back!!!
(October 14, 2018 at 1:00 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Hammy stop being such a stubborn baby and come back!!!

He can't.
(October 14, 2018 at 1:01 pm)Kit Wrote:
(October 14, 2018 at 1:00 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Hammy stop being such a stubborn baby and come back!!!

He can't.

What do you mean??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10650 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4252 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 11031 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13519 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin