Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 7:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
If anyone was going to take some of you to the light, it was Catholic_Lady, but now you stuck with me trying to knock sense to you guys blue butt Rafiki style way to Simba!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71_p8P_PVXo
(November 14, 2018 at 11:39 am)Kit Wrote:
(November 14, 2018 at 11:37 am)Joods Wrote: Then you are definitely in the wrong line of work. Perhaps something where you aren't allowed around other people would be better. The public would be grateful, I'm sure.

Oh, now we're mixing the two worlds?  

You see, I've never been one to be precisely online as I am in real life.  After all, the point of being online is to be free to express one's self in a way that cannot be expressed in real life.

No, I'm not mixing the two worlds. I'm just calling it as you would like for everyone to see it. For pages now, and threads, even, you have given every impression and insisted with your words, that "this is who I am and I'm not changing for anybody" and on and on ad nauseum. I'm just pointing out that your own words and your own actions dictate that you should not be in a line of work where compassion and empathy are required. Why? 

Because, by your own admission and in not this exact terminology: You Lack Those Things Called Empathy and Compassion. 
You've made it perfectly clear that you don't give one flying fuck about the feelings of others. So, why should we expect that behavior to be different elsewhere? 

Sure, you might not be as extreme with your views in the real world as you are online and that at least on the interwebs, you can be a "little more you", but don't get it wrong - people bring some amount of their real life persona, into their online persona. And if they are an asshole in real life, you can bet that they are even more so here because they don't have to tone it down and they have zero fucks to give online. Their spines just stand a bit taller online is all. 

How you see me here, is how I am in real life. My posts here would be the same as if I was looking at you and telling this to your face. I don't sugar coat shit because at the end of the day, it's still shit. I prefer honesty. Lying gets you nowhere. Ask my kids how I feel about lying. They will tell you it is the fastest way to piss me off.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
[Image: HVNBWD5.gif]
Didn't expect you to. Pieces of shit usually can't admit when they are wrong.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I'm wrong, but on my own terms. Cool
Well good for you.
(November 14, 2018 at 10:44 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Catholic_Lady, I think my mom would agree with me that motherhood is overrated Tongue

I doubt you meant that to be but it was very distasteful. To say the one thing someone wants more than anything is overrated is wrong.

Also everyone I am so sorry. I started all of this because I couldn't keep my mouth shut about one thing Kit said. I blew this up and others weighed in until it was ugly. I thought I was defending CL and it turned into this horrible conversation against her. I should know better than to comment on Kit's inhumane ways.

For anyone that thinks she was "whining" just know she isn't the only one. I haven't gone through half the shit she has and I created a blog to vent through. This was taken straight from it back in April 2017. You will notice very similar ways of thinking that can't be helped.

Motherhood is something literally engrained into most women's DNA. It what nature intended for us and when you feel like you failed at something so fucking basic meth heads do it without trying you feel really fucking bad about it. I am truly sorry for starting all this and letting my own emotions fuel it. CL if you are still reading this please know I never meant this to happen, you are often in my thoughts, and I only spoke up because I feel so much for you.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Sorry the way I meant it, is not do downgrade it or the pain, it was just to say there is some benefits in not being a mother. As you see the rest of my post, hints, it's a severe hardship but to just focus on the positive.

(November 14, 2018 at 10:44 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Catholic_Lady, I think my mom would agree with me that motherhood is overrated Tongue

Anyways, I am glad you have a sense of peace now because you know what's going on.

Remember God's favors on you and whatever bad comes your way, the hardship will ease itself out eventually.

The 7th successor per Shiite beliefs, he was jailed and tortured, but would thank God for having more time to worship him then before as he would have duties to teach and mobilize people outside of jail.

Continue to be the positive person you always been and will be, you got this!

Just in case, someone missed it.

I talked about 7th Successor in jail looking at the positive side, now to downgrade that he suffered and was tortured in jail, just to emphasize the human spirit has to remain positive.
(November 14, 2018 at 12:26 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote:

I doubt you meant that to be but it was very distasteful. To say the one thing someone wants more than anything is overrated is wrong.

Also everyone I am so sorry. I started all of this because I couldn't keep my mouth shut about one thing Kit said. I blew this up and others weighed in until it was ugly. I thought I was defending CL and it turned into this horrible conversation against her. I should know better than to comment on Kit's inhumane ways.

For anyone that thinks she was "whining" just know she isn't the only one. I haven't gone through half the shit she has and I created a blog to vent through. This was taken straight from it back in April 2017. You will notice very similar ways of thinking that can't be helped.

Motherhood is something literally engrained into most women's DNA. It what nature intended for us and when you feel like you failed at something so fucking basic meth heads do it without trying you feel really fucking bad about it. I am truly sorry for starting all this and letting my own emotions fuel it. CL if you are still reading this please know I never meant this to happen, you are often in my thoughts, and I only spoke up because I feel so much for you.

Heart God Mandy, that was so touching. Heart I want to hug you right now. You are not to blame here. You didn't write anything hateful. What started this was the hateful things that were said. 

Love you girl. I'm sure that was tough to share. It was tough to read because I felt it so much. I don't have any other words.  Heart
Umm... So.
When's AF gonna go back to normal?
No seriously, in the few months I've been here this is the first Big Atheist Forums Flare Up.
What usually happens? Do you all go back to being BFFs or does the ignore button come out in full force and completely change the dynamics. Much anticipation. Ciao.
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10654 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4254 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 11033 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13520 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin