Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 8:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fucking Cops: Volume II
RE: Fucking Cops: Volume II
(August 15, 2016 at 5:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Not the cops this time.... just the "law."

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/georgia-...ot-commit/

Quote:Georgia man faces more years in jail — even after being acquitted of 2014 crime he did not commit

I missed this one....lol..from the article...and this a former state supreme court justice saying this....

Quote:Fletcher explained that Niedrach only had to be “about 51 percent” sure that Chatman was guilty to do so, while a jury had to be “about 90 percent” convinced of his guilt to convict him.

Which is obvious bullshit, everyone knows that georgians can't count, let alone work out a percentage.  
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Back to the good cop/bad cop discussion.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/18/us/chicago...index.html

Quote:7 Chicago cops recommended for firing in Laquan McDonald death

Plus two more retired and another is under arrest.
(August 13, 2016 at 7:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm sure there are plenty who would not act that way themselves.  BUT.  When they see colleagues act crazy they reflexively back up their stories... and at that point they cease to be "good cops" in my view.

The doctors in my country are the same. We don't have many problems with cops but pretty much every month someone dies because a doctor refused to do their job.
Frankly I don't know which is worse - bad cops or bad doctors.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
A 22 day suspension for murder.  And the taxpayers take it up the ass.  Again.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/video-th...n-custody/

Quote:Video the LAPD didn’t want released shows officers laughing and smiling as man dies in custody

Quote:Less than an hour later, Howard was pronounced dead at Good Samaritan Hospital, just miles from the jail. He had been released from the handcuffs, but later subdued by half a dozen officers after he became, by their testimony, “violent and combative.” A coroner eventually listed three contributing causes of death: cocaine intoxication, heart disease, and a chokehold employed by one of the officers.

Two years of litigation followed before, in October of 2015, the city of Los Angeles agreed to pay Howard’s family $2.85 million to settle a wrongful death claim.

The video is at the bottom.
Horrendous.
Good for the Justice Department.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/unconsti...epartment/

Quote:Unconstitutional to jail poor who can’t pay bail: US Justice Department

Quote:The federal government has taken a stand on the side of impoverished defendants, arguing in a U.S. appeals case that holding people accused of crimes in jail solely because they cannot afford bail is unconstitutional. 

The U.S. Justice Department filed an amicus brief in a Georgia case in which a defendant was jailed for six days because he couldn't afford $160 bail on a misdemeanor charge. "Bail practices that incarcerate indigent individuals before trial solely because of their inability to pay for their release violate the Fourteenth Amendment," the Justice Department said, according to NBC.

Thank goodness Scalia's dead or we'd have gotten another 5-4 ruling in favor of locking them up forever.
(August 18, 2016 at 7:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A 22 day suspension for murder.  And the taxpayers take it up the ass.  Again.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/video-th...n-custody/

Quote:Video the LAPD didn’t want released shows officers laughing and smiling as man dies in custody

Quote:Less than an hour later, Howard was pronounced dead at Good Samaritan Hospital, just miles from the jail. He had been released from the handcuffs, but later subdued by half a dozen officers after he became, by their testimony, “violent and combative.” A coroner eventually listed three contributing causes of death: cocaine intoxication, heart disease, and a chokehold employed by one of the officers.

Two years of litigation followed before, in October of 2015, the city of Los Angeles agreed to pay Howard’s family $2.85 million to settle a wrongful death claim.

The video is at the bottom.
You'd think a cop would know how to perform CPR properly.
One of them thought it was a compression race.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2760714

Quote:North Carolina police kill unarmed deaf, mute man using sign language

Quote:A North Carolina state trooper shot and killed 29-year-old Daniel Harris — who was not only unarmed, but deaf and mute — just feet from his home, over a speeding violation. According to early reports from neighbors who witnessed the shooting this past Thursday night, Harris was shot and killed "almost immediately" after exiting his vehicle.

Quote:An outrageous 752 people have been killed by American police so far this year. While some of the cases posed genuine risks to law enforcement, this one is hard to justify. Beyond being unarmed, deaf and mute, Daniel Harris appears to have been a rather small, thin man. Opening fire could not have been the only option the officer had. What threat did Harris pose? Was a Taser or pepper spray used? Could the officer truly not subdue Harris on his own?

If reports from neighbors are accurate, it doesn't appear the officer even tried, but pretty much shot and killed Harris mere seconds after he got out of the car.

The victim was white.
(August 22, 2016 at 1:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2760714

Quote:North Carolina police kill unarmed deaf, mute man using sign language

Quote:A North Carolina state trooper shot and killed 29-year-old Daniel Harris — who was not only unarmed, but deaf and mute — just feet from his home, over a speeding violation. According to early reports from neighbors who witnessed the shooting this past Thursday night, Harris was shot and killed "almost immediately" after exiting his vehicle.

Quote:An outrageous 752 people have been killed by American police so far this year. While some of the cases posed genuine risks to law enforcement, this one is hard to justify. Beyond being unarmed, deaf and mute, Daniel Harris appears to have been a rather small, thin man. Opening fire could not have been the only option the officer had. What threat did Harris pose? Was a Taser or pepper spray used? Could the officer truly not subdue Harris on his own?

If reports from neighbors are accurate, it doesn't appear the officer even tried, but pretty much shot and killed Harris mere seconds after he got out of the car.

The victim was white.

. . . but still a minority. Might be time for some special needs sensitivity training after the usual paid leave and the failure of a grand jury to find cause to prosecute for murder.
How much training does it take so that you don't reach for your gun right off the bat?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IF You Are Wondering Why There Are So Many Fucking Assholes in Alabama Minimalist 15 1877 August 23, 2018 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Well Does This Ever Fucking Figure! Minimalist 3 670 June 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Fucking Orange Shitgibbon Can't Stop Talking ABout Himself Minimalist 3 674 May 28, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 787 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Fucking Conservatards Are Just As Bad As The Fucking Catholicks Minimalist 2 693 December 24, 2017 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Divinity
  They're All Fucking Crooks Minimalist 2 809 November 6, 2017 at 2:39 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Health Insurance That The Republicunts Think Is So Fucking Great Minimalist 7 1732 October 18, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Fucking Courts Are As Bad As The Fucking Cops Minimalist 10 1614 October 12, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What a Fucking Loon. Minimalist 13 2008 October 11, 2017 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Senator Alexander Shits On The WLB's Fucking Budget Minimalist 6 1814 September 13, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus