Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 11:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
RE: Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
(June 27, 2016 at 8:53 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'm guessing the night king has some more powerful magic that breaks the spell of the wall.

I think Dany marries Jon after routing Cersei with Dorne and Highgarden in her van.

They then turn North towards the real war, where Jon dies to save Dany. She's so distraught at losing her love that she flies off on Drogon, abandoning the seven kingdoms.

I thought the fact that the night king touched Bran made it possible for him to pursue him beyond the wall.  Did I make that up?
Wildfire can't melt stone pillars

Sept (11) of Baelor was an inside job
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
So we begin with Cerci killing off the religious fanatics. Oh how I enjoyed each and every moment of the Green Goblin flames engulfing those bastards. Too bad the Queen was there and the King committed suicide. Also wasn't it hinted that Cerci's Husband had a Bastard in earlier seasons? If so the Iron Throne is rightfully his. Aryia kills the old man, yey for vengeance for the red wedding. The icing on the cake was literally the ground bodies of his sons in the cake. Poetic Justice Indeed. I wonder if she's goning after Cerci next. The huge plot twist of John not being a bastard and is actually the son of Ned was actually surprising. Technically they are right, Stark blood flows through him, it's just from another stark. Brian, ummm, hey thanks for the flashback, kudos for not doing anything again.

Other than that it was people basically preparing for battle and claiming their thrones, Sanza not trusting little finger, which is good and baldie teleporting, very interested in the deal with the old lady, but seriously though how did he go from that place and back to the bay of dragon so quick is beyond me. Also KHALESSI'S ARMY!!!! This episode literally felt like the deep breath before the plunge into battle. You kind kinda map out how Season 7 is gonna take place. Ultimately everything felt like they're gearing up for the series finale. Either way I can't wait to see how it goes.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
Just watched 6e10.

Holy. . .

SHIT!

Daenerys Targaryen has been my favorite for the last couple of years, but this. . . I'm starting to really like Cersei Lannister.
A lot of people are criticizing the time jumps in this episode, but it doesn't bother me. Different characters' POVs are not happening in a linear fashion in the books, no reason for them to be in the show either.

As for the ending, if you look again you'll see Tyrell and Martell ships sailing in Dany's fleet. Either A) a chunk of time had passed and Varys returned to Meereen with ships that Dany needed to transport her troops or B) Dany is already approaching the Narrow Sea. If you look at this large map of the "known world" you'll see that Dany has to pass Dorne on her way to King's Landing. So it's possible we've skipped to that point already. 

However, I think it's choice A, because I predict that Dany and Euron will have a naval battle before she reaches Westeros.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
While I've never read the book, I don't care if the show wants to spoil it. That fatass had ample time to finish make those last two books. Something that will never happen because he will most likely die of obesity first.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
(June 27, 2016 at 1:34 pm)AkiraTheFighter24 Wrote: While I've never read the book, I don't care if the show wants to spoil it. That fatass had ample time to finish make those last two books. Something that will never happen because he will most likely die of obesity first.

Ow the edge
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
I also subscribe to the theory that Jon isn't a bastard, but rather that Lyanna Stark willingly ran off with Rhaegar and married him, making Jon legitimate and the "prince who was promised".

The Targaryens were always a little weird when it came to marriages, so it's not too much of a stretch to assume Rhaegar married two women, Lyanna in secret.

Here's another thing that I thought of just this morning. We all know that Dany has this weird ability to survive fire, and it's been taken as the GoT writers being a bit overzealous with the Targaryen ability to withstand heat. In the books, I don't think it was ever as powerful as it is in the show.

But...what if it's not just the Targaryen gene that's causing this ability? What if it's the Lord of Light? He's described as a fire God, and if Dany if under his protection, maybe she cannot be burned?

I think the Lord of Light's ultimate plan is to get rid of the White Walkers; after all, they are the opposite of light and heat. Perhaps it was the Lord of Light who helped erected the Wall in the first place, but the Wall was only a temporary measure. Now that Winter has arrived, the Wall will come down, and the Lord of Light needs Dany and Jon to combine forces to eradicate the White Walkers.

Both Dany and Jon have a claim to the throne so why not share it? They will marry (Jon being a Targaryen would make it similar to other Targaryan marriages) and together rid the world of the White Walkers using the Lord of Lights chosen weapons: fire breathing dragons.
Worst season to date, what with the quasi-filler episodes we were submitted to(remember that one in which nothing happened at all, the one with the 10 minute-long theater scene about the Purple Wedding?) and all the hype built around things everyone knew were going to happen.

Game of Thrones is a fucking joke at this point. Let me tell you the whole plot going forward. There's absolutely no fucking way anyone stands a chance against Daenerys. So there's that. We'll sit through a whole season 7 of bullshit all the while knowing how it all basically ends, Jon and Dany victorious and united preparing themselves for the WW threat. The only entertainment we'll get out of it is it's high production values, as always, and especially so now that there are even lesser episodes to film anually, and the side stories about Arya and everyone else. What we have to look forward to, plot-wise, presumably, is season 8. And there's an even worse thing about that. Season 8 is made up, unequivocally, of spoilers about the ending of the Ice & Fire saga. SO there's that to look forward to, for those of us that read the books. Yay.
(June 29, 2016 at 12:50 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Worst season to date
Well.... yes.... you're right.
That's what happens when TV-show writers take over from a huge book project... while trying no to spoil too much in one season.

(June 29, 2016 at 12:50 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: , what with the quasi-filler episodes we were submitted to(remember that one in which nothing happened at all, that one with the 10 minute-long theater scene about the Purple Wedding?) and all the hype built around things everyone knew was going to happen.
"Everyone knew"! Everyone!!

(June 29, 2016 at 12:50 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Game of Thrones is a fucking joke at this point. Let me tell you the whole plot going forward. There's absolutely no fucking way anyone stands a chance against Daenerys. So there's that. We'll sit through a whole season 7 of bullshit all the while knowing how it all basically ends, Jon and Dany victorious and united preparing themselves for the WW threat. The only entertainment we'll get out of it is it's high production values, as always, and especially so now that there are even lesser episodes to film anually, and the side stories about Arya and everyone else. What we have to look forward to, plot-wise, presumably, is season 8. And there's an even worse thing about that. Season 8 is made up, unequivocally,  of spoilers about the ending of the Ice & Fire saga. SO there's that to look forward to, for those of us that read the books. Yay.

AH!!! Jon and Dany...?
Why not Euron and Dany? Tongue
Or, better yet, Petyr Baelish and Dany? See how quick he ditches Sansa, when he sees Dany! Tongue

Season 7 should be the taking of the 7 kingdoms in Westeros by Dany, yes... perhaps leaving the North for season 8... and beyond the wall.
We know that dragon glass can kill the whitewalkers.... we know that Valyrian steel can kill them, too.
Dragon fire should produce a similar effect.
So, it should be a burn them all thing, in the end.

And then, we should get half a book worth of sorting out the 7 kingdoms and all allegiances... maybe the region beyond the wall becomes the 8th kingdom?
And across the sea? Dany's army has a lot of Dothraki that may want to get back home... will they become a 9th kingdom under Dany?

BAH!
I just want to see Drogon burning the Night's King!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 361 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  I wan't to express, that I disliked Rick and Morty season 3 Der/die AtheistIn 38 2634 February 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  'Tis the Season (almost) -- your favorite Nativity photos here! Jehanne 38 2953 December 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6273 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 67715 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Foxaèr 10 1942 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 3829 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1076 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer, "The Long Walk" Aegon 3 943 March 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Foxaèr 21 5076 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda