Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 10:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(July 7, 2017 at 5:43 pm)J a c k Wrote: Can I just ask?

How can someone be so hot? How is that even real? I mean... stahp! For the love of fairness to all other nerds, drop one or the other. Either stay nerd or stay hot or I might just have to fuck you. K bye.

This better not be about Maher. I'ma be pissed! Add back another ick!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
CIJS 

My 85yr old grandpa had a stroke today and I feel guilty that I find it funny/have grand daughter pride that he was still able to chest punch security in the ER so hard they put him in restraints and drugged him. 
He didn't know who he was for awhile. He has dimentia but that was the first time he forgot people. Now He's ok and remembers. I feel bad for whomever had to deal with him though!

Also, grandma, god you're dumb. If u think an EMT just wants to make a buck off of you after your husband loses mobility in half his side, you're dumb. And u must not have your priorities straight at all, to make your stroked out husband WALK TO THE CAR against medical advice in order to avoid an ambulance bill. I mean, wtf?

I need a beer.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Luckie, your grandpa's my new hero.

Glad he's okay.

My new phone is awesome.
Dying to live, living to die.
CIJS, that I don't like the line ''a friend in need is a friend, indeed.'' Sounds like a user, to me.
CIJS,

Now that I have made the plans, Monday can't come fast enough.

In the past 24 hours, I have buried and exhumed my tenant's dog. I need to not be here for a while.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
@Steel
There's always hotels?

Also.. whyyyyy????
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

(July 8, 2017 at 12:26 am)Luckie Wrote: @Steel
There's always hotels?

Also.. whyyyyy????

I'm going to Florida for a long vacay.

The dog got really sick really quick and died. It was really sad. We buried him last night, and my tenant was really emotional. Today, he decided that he wanted to have him cremated so he could take him with him, which I totally get. So I dug him up so he didn't have to. I wouldn't have been able to do it if it were Tanner.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(July 8, 2017 at 12:34 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'm going to Florida for a long vacay.

Oh, dear.....*goes into hiding*
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 7, 2017 at 11:47 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Luckie,  your grandpa's my new hero.

Glad he's okay.

My new phone is awesome.

What kinda phone u got? Also.. ehmm... aren't you supposed to be like, "bad old man! Don't beat up my coworkers"?? 

So they did eventually take off his cuffs. They put him in the ICU for the night though, I think the nurses were afraid to take him on the regular floors lol. He's only 5'2 and 120 lbs but he's feisty! I'm glad he's feisty tbh. Better than not.

(July 8, 2017 at 12:34 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(July 8, 2017 at 12:26 am)Luckie Wrote: @Steel
There's always hotels?

Also.. whyyyyy????

I'm going to Florida for a long vacay.

The dog got really sick really quick and died. It was really sad. We buried him last night, and my tenant was really emotional. Today, he decided that he wanted to have him cremated so he could take him with him, which I totally get. So I dug him up so he didn't have to. I wouldn't have been able to do it if it were Tanner.

Awww yOu're a hero!!! I love u steel, your morality is upstanding. U protect those who can't protect themselves, and do things for other people that is above and beyond one of the kindest things I can imagine right now. You're an amazing person, sir.

(July 8, 2017 at 12:57 am)Luckie Wrote:
(July 8, 2017 at 12:34 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'm going to Florida for a long vacay.

Awww yOu're a hero!!! I love u steel, your morality is upstanding. U protect those who can't protect themselves, and do things for other people that is above and beyond one of the kindest things I can imagine right now. You're an amazing person, sir.

Blush

Well that's a little overboard. But thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 959 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1237 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 485 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama