Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 7:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ask a Bible college Student
RE: Ask a Bible college Student
Yeah, really, how would one know for sure?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 2, 2016 at 10:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:it wouldn't be without confirmation that the message was actually from God.

So if the voices in your head say "I'm really god" That's good enough for you, huh?

Not from what I understand of what he said.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 2, 2016 at 5:17 pm)Emzap Wrote:
(November 2, 2016 at 4:34 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Wow! There's a bible college??!
And it gets customers?!?
You Americans are really a special breed. Tongue

Stupid question: how does Catholicism match up with the contents of the bible?

There are Bible colleges in other countries as well ;D 

I am not Catholic, and am definitely not an expert in all things Catholic. However, in Catholicism, they have the Bible we have, but also use other books. Their beliefs are very different, and they tend to believe in good works salvation rather than salvation by faith in Christ. Some Evangelical Christians do not even consider catholics to be saved Christians.

I am an evangelical Christian. That is a sect of protestant Christianity that believes the Bible to be the inerrent word of God. We believe in salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, who was born of a virgin, lived about 30 years, taught, and performed miracles, never sinning, and then was killed on a cross in order to pay the price for sins we have committed. 3 days after he died, he rose again, and is alive today.

During those three days, after he died, and before he rose again, do you believe Jesus was in Hell being tormented by Satan in order to purchase Salvation for believers ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 2, 2016 at 10:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:it wouldn't be without confirmation that the message was actually from God.

So if the voices in your head say "I'm really god" That's good enough for you, huh?

Catholic_Lady is right. Did you read my entire post? It wouldn't just be internal, it would involve guidance from other people- pastors, counselors, doctors. This hypothetical is difficult because its like asking if you would give your life for a friend or family member. You never really know how you would act until you got there.

(November 2, 2016 at 10:47 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: During those three days, after he died, and before he rose again, do you believe Jesus was in Hell being tormented by Satan in order to purchase Salvation for believers ?

There are some who believe that. When I was in high school there was a running joke with some friends and I that Jesus was in Hell sword fighting and slaying demons. I don't know what was happening during those three days. Maybe Jesus was in hell, maybe he was in the realm of the dead, maybe he was being tormented, maybe he was slaying demons. All I know is that when the three days were up, he defeated sin and death and rose from the grave and is alive today.
(November 2, 2016 at 10:34 pm)Emzap Wrote: You are all very opposed to killing children- Good!

Well, except for our weekly baby barbecues, of course.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(November 2, 2016 at 10:56 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Well, except for our weekly baby barbecues, of course.

haha, and here you are all calling me the psychopath...... ;P
(November 2, 2016 at 10:56 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote:
(November 2, 2016 at 10:34 pm)Emzap Wrote: You are all very opposed to killing children- Good!

Well, except for our weekly baby barbecues, of course.

I had to cut down on those. My cholesterol was going through the roof.

(November 2, 2016 at 10:47 pm)Emzap Wrote: All I know is that when the three days were up, he defeated sin and death and rose from the grave and is alive today.

Where is he?
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
Hey!

I don't care what anyone says.
BBQ babies taste just like chicken.

So there Tongue
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 2, 2016 at 11:03 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Hey!

I don't care what anyone says.
BBQ babies taste just like chicken.

So there Tongue

They can also be made into a pretty mean jerky.  Wink
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
Quote:It wouldn't just be internal, it would involve guidance from other people- pastors, counselors, doctors.

Laddie, they are just as crazy as you are.  Worse, they make a living by selling nonsense to the gullible.  Evidence means EVIDENCE.  Real evidence.  Not the opinion of some bible-smitten jackass.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Ask a public-health student 2.0 Aractus 1 766 May 9, 2016 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Aractus
Question Ask a public-health/nutrition student Aractus 56 11449 March 19, 2016 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Ask a College Student BrokenQuill92 27 5048 August 5, 2015 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92