Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 10:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
(July 30, 2016 at 7:25 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: The Bananer and I went to Jackson Falls, a little waterfall off the Natchez Trace in Middle Tennessee. The water was low and the falls was just a trickle, but this is still one of my favorite spots.

That is some beautiful country you've got there for a walk.  Lucky Nanners.  

Are leashes required?   Sad

(July 30, 2016 at 7:25 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I uploaded a shared album on my Facebook for those that want to see more pictures.

Headed there now.

Thumb up
(July 30, 2016 at 10:19 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(July 30, 2016 at 7:25 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: The Bananer and I went to Jackson Falls, a little waterfall off the Natchez Trace in Middle Tennessee. The water was low and the falls was just a trickle, but this is still one of my favorite spots.

That is some beautiful country you've got there for a walk.  Lucky Nanners.  

Are leashes required?   Sad

It is very beautiful. It wasn't too hot today, which helped. In the winter the falls are a little more active.

Not really. But, like I said, there's a 900 foot descent to the river and there's no barrier. It's a pretty steep decline, and I'd just be kvetching the whole time if he wasn't. In some places, there is only a foot or so of space before the decline falls off. When we got to the falls, though, he was off leash.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Hell I'd use the leash too.
There's a stream where I walk my dog and she often goes in for a dip, but I can't help but give her a nudge here and there when she's close to the edge (about a 2 metre drop) and she gives me a dirty look. It's so funny.
(July 30, 2016 at 9:55 pm)Mamacita Wrote:
(July 30, 2016 at 9:22 pm)Iroscato Wrote: That's just...I mean...

I hate you ._____.

Ha! Me too! I've always been a teensy bit jealous of him. Lol

It's pretty unreal up here in the great polite north. As soon as you cross the border everything becomes bigger and grander and all the water turns super blue, the people become really nice and the beer all becomes expensive. It's also kind of cold, even in the middle of the summer....people threatening to move to Canada every election, two words: Canadian Winter.

This was shot yesterday, in literally the middle of summer.

[Image: 13903332_1087396997963680_17991090193920...e=5810931A]
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(July 31, 2016 at 10:48 am)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(July 30, 2016 at 9:55 pm)Mamacita Wrote: Ha! Me too! I've always been a teensy bit jealous of him. Lol

It's pretty unreal up here in the great polite north. As soon as you cross the border everything becomes bigger and grander and all the water turns super blue, the people become really nice and the beer all becomes expensive. It's also kind of cold, even in the middle of the summer....people threatening to move to Canada every election, two words: Canadian Winter.

I can believe it.  I remember driving through Lassan NP one summer on roads where the snow and ice on either side of the road must have been twenty feet high.  Have you driven between Banff and Jasper yet?  Ages since I was there but there was a road stop with signs to show how far the glacier extended at various points in history.  I suspect you can't see it from there any more.
(July 31, 2016 at 11:04 am)Whateverist Wrote:
(July 31, 2016 at 10:48 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: It's pretty unreal up here in the great polite north. As soon as you cross the border everything becomes bigger and grander and all the water turns super blue, the people become really nice and the beer all becomes expensive. It's also kind of cold, even in the middle of the summer....people threatening to move to Canada every election, two words: Canadian Winter.

I can believe it.  I remember driving through Lassan NP one summer on roads where the snow and ice on either side of the road must have been twenty feet high.  Have you driven between Banff and Jasper yet?  Ages since I was there but there was a road stop with signs to show how far the glacier extended at various points in history.  I suspect you can't see it from there any more.

No, not yet. Although I'm staying in Canmore, which is right next to Banff. Maybe I'll go check it out just to see and take pictures and you can compare just to your memory of it. It's crazy to see all the glaciers up here, considering that most of the ones in the United States have disappeared. It's also been an insane weather year, according to the locals.
How is it weird up there? Everything is blooming/fruiting early this year in Berkeley. We've been harvesting loads of figs every day for at least a month. Often that doesn't happen until the end of August or into September in our foggy micro climate.
(July 31, 2016 at 11:34 am)Whateverist Wrote: How is it weird up there?  Everything is blooming/fruiting early this year in Berkeley.  We've been harvesting loads of figs every day for at least a month.  Often that doesn't happen until the end of August or into September in our foggy micro climate.

The weather has been totally bizarre, according to the locals. It's pretty much been a year without summer so far. Rain and thunderstorms pretty much every day, there was intense hail yesterday evening. There are so many berries out close to town that bears have become a major problem. Two people have been attacked by Grizzlies in Canmore in the last week (they were okay) and most of the mountain biking trails are closed. People here say that we are stuck a month or two behind in terms of what the weather should be like.
Went out to look at a few gardens yesterday as part of the Garden Conservancy open days in my area. This one garden was manicured a little tight for my liking but had fantastic museum grade sculpture, many of them bigger than this one. But I liked the humor in this one. I think it might have been called "Dog in Cat's Pajamas".

[Image: 28646233046_9407feb8b4_z.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131271 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 320 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 777 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1433 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2157 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2742 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one